Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Bread machines are becoming more and more popular these days because of their ability to save us time in the kitchen and let us make bread just the way we like it. However, bread machines can be used for much more than just making bread.
One of the most awesome things you can do with a bread machine – besides making bread – is let it knead your pizza dough. Just add the ingredients, wait for an hour or so – and you’ll have a fresh batch of pizza dough ready!
But which bread machine is best for making pizza dough? We’ve done the research and today we present you the three best bread machines for making pizza. Of course, this doesn’t mean they can’t be used to make bread too.Invalid table id.
The 3 Best Bread Machines For Pizza Dough
1. Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Lb Convection Bread Maker
The Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Lb Convection Bread Maker is simply a great bread machine. It has an elegant exterior, and a special convection feature that allows it to achieve great results in terms of crust and texture when baking bread.
However, when making pizza dough, you won’t really be using this feature. Nevertheless, this bread machine is perfect for making pizza dough, thanks to it’s 16 different pre-programmed settings, one of which is, of course, is dough.
The Cuisinart CBK-200 2-lb Bread Maker is called a 2-pound machine, but this doesn’t mean you have to make 2 pounds of pizza dough in it each time. After all, you only need approximately one pound of dough to make one large pizza.
Luckily, this bread machine from Cuisinart has three different size functions, so you can choose whether you want to make 1, 1 ½, or 2 pounds of dough. On the other hand, the pizza dough from this machine holds up really nicely in the refrigerator, so you might as well use the 2-pound setting even if you’re not going to use all of the dough immediately.
This way, you’ll have pizza dough ready whenever you feel like pizza next time, and it will be just as good as fresh dough.
- 16 preprogrammed menu options, 3 crust colors, and 3 loaf sizes offer over 100 bread, dough/pizza dough, sweet cake and jam choices.
- Low Carb and Gluten-Free preset menu options and recipes. A Cuisinart exclusive!
- Special menu option takes basic dough through several long, slow cool rises for chewier textures and rustic crusts.
- Unique convection feature circulates air for superior crust color, and texture. BPA Free
- Audible tone indicates time to add fruit, nuts and other "mix-ins." Second tone offers option of removing paddle before baking, or removing unbaked dough to shape by hand.
Other than that, you’ll also find all the basic features included on this bread maker, such as the ability to choose between 3 different crust settings when using it for baking. There is also a delay timer that lets you program the bread maker up to 13 hours ahead. You can set the timer for pizza dough too.
Finally, the Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Lb Convection Bread Maker is covered by a 3-year limited warranty.
2. Hamilton Beach 29882 2-lb Non-Stick Bread Maker
The Hamilton Beach 29882 2-lb Non-Stick Bread Maker is another great bread machine that also doubles as a pizza dough machine. It’s equipped with 12 automatic programs that include french bread, gluten-free, whole grain, and of course – dough.
The Hamilton Beach 29882 2-lb Non-Stick Bread Maker allows you to choose the size of the loaf – or the amount of dough you want to make. There are only 2 options here, dough – 1.5 pounds or 2 pounds. Other than that, this bread machine also features a delay timer, and a setting for three different crust colors.
Other features that make this bread maker a joy to use both for making bread and pizza dough include a removable interior pan that is both non-stick and dishwasher-safe.
The two kneading paddles you get with it are dishwasher-safe too. Thanks to this, the cleanup is as easy as it can be with this machine. This bread maker only uses one kneading paddle but comes with two so you can wash one while using the other.
- FRESH HOMEMADE BREAD IN 3 EASY STEPS: Just add your ingredients to the breadmaker, select the cycle and press start.
- YOU CONTROL THE INGREDIENTS & NUTRITIONAL CONTENT: Prepare healthy loaves of bread without preservatives or trans fat using this Hamilton Beach breadmaker.
- VERSATILE WITH 12 CYCLES: Make dough, bake cake, or make delicious mouth-watering loaves of fresh baked bread. Cycles include basic, French, gluten-free, quick bread (no yeast), sweet, 1.5 lb express, 2.0 lb express, dough, jam, cake, whole grain and bake.
- GREAT FOR DOUGH PREP: Prepare a variety of yeast doughs in the breadmaker machine for dinner rolls, pizza crusts, cinnamon buns and more, then bake in a conventional oven.
- MAKE BREAD THE WAY YOU LIKE IT: Choose to make either 1.5 lb. or 2 lb. loaves, and select from 3 crust settings for light, medium or dark crust. Easy cleanup
Finally, it is attention to detail that really sets this Hamilton Beach bread maker apart from the others. The exterior of this machine always remains cool to the touch and it comes with non-slip feet to keep it securely in place on your counter.
3. KBS Automatic 2-lb Bread Maker
KBS Automatic 2-lb Bread Maker is one of our favorite bread machines because it’s stylish on the outside and full of useful features on the inside. In terms of making pizza dough, you’ll find two useful settings on this bread machine – the “raw dough” and the “leaven dough” cycles. Both of these can be used to make pizza dough with great results.
This unit is perfectly square with a stainless steel exterior which makes it looks great. It’s 14 inches long, and 12 inches high. On the top, there is a touchpad that’s really easy to use and lets you choose between 17 different functions. Besides bread and dough options, there are some pretty interesting programs you can experiment with such as jam, yoghurt, ferment, rice wine, and stir fry settings.
- 🍞【Multiple Customized Nutritious Programs & 2LB Large Actual Capacity】The KBS automatic bread machine has 17 practical programs for French, Whole Wheat, kneading and fermentation, Jam, Yogurt, Cake, etc, not only a bread maker. Additional convenience with Pizza Dough setting and Gluten-Free program. The "Quick bake"- bake a loaf in under 1.5H. It bakes 1 lb, 1.5 lb, 2 lb loaves, and 3 crust settings in light/medium/dark. Bring a variety of options to your healthier and tastier homemade bread.
- 🥪【Unique Healthy Non-stick Ceramic Pan & 710W Powerful Quieter Motor】Exclusive one to use Ceramic Pan designed to make the bread evenly baked and healthier for 100% no chemicals(BPA-Teflon-PTFE Free) and easy to clean. Best Gift for family. 710W high power motor makes the kneading quickly, strong and durable, so that the dough is soft and elastic, while the overheating protection function extends the bread machine life length, motor noise is less than 40 db, which will not affect your sleep.
- 🥐【Intelligent Fruit and Nut Dispenser & 15H Timer & 1H Automatic Warm/Fresh-Keeping Function】The detachable fruit nut dispenser releases the ingredients automatically at the optimum time. The most worry-free machine. You don't need to keep an eye on the time. 15-hour Delay Timer allows you to enjoy fresh bread without having to wake up early. The most popular 1-Hour Automatic Keep Warm, 15-minute Power Interruption Recovery allow for healthy breads anytime!
- 🍰【Intuitive Digital Touch Panel Control & Fully Sleek Stainless Steel & 360° Surrounding Baking】 Bright & large viewing digital Touch Panel is easy to view and select the cycle, crust, and loaf size. Stainless steel heat-resistant and not easy to damage, baked bread more delicious and healthy. Breadmaker with advanced baking technology and 710W power output design, it makes bread baking more efficient and faster. 360-degree baking for thinner crusts, fluffier bread, more evenly healthy color.
- 🍕【More Practical Accessories/Recipe book Included& Superior Professional Humanized Details 】Large viewing window offers you a full view of the process. Click the start button to stop, long press the start button to cancel the current program, Maximum convenience for you. Including more additional accessories: Ceramic Pan, Kitchen Glove, Measuring Cup, Measuring Spoon, Hook, User Manual, more Recipe Book and Other Versatile Accessories. For the finest cooking experience.
This bread machine allows you to choose between three different weights for your loaves or pizza dough. It also features an optional fruit and nut dispenser – great when making sweet varieties of bread!
Finally it has a 15-hour delay timer and a 1-hour automatic keep-warm function for bread. A great all round machine.
Bread Machine Pizza Dough FAQ
How long does it take to make pizza dough in a bread maker?
When making pizza dough, you’ll be using the “dough” setting on your bread maker. Sometimes it’s named “raw dough”, and some bread machines have a special setting for pizza dough. In any case, the dough cycle on a bread machine can take anywhere from 40 to 90 minutes, depending on the machine you are using.
Before the cycle starts, all you need to do is measure the ingredients and put them into the bread machine, which shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes. Once the dough is done, it’s also a good idea to cover it and let it rest for about 30 minutes. So, in total, making pizza dough in a bread maker can take anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours.
What ingredients do I need to make pizza dough in a bread maker?
To make pizza dough in a bread maker, you’ll need exactly the same ingredients as for pizza dough made by hand. The results are actually the same, too, although they might be even better. For basic pizza dough you need just 5 simple ingredients: flour, water, yeast, salt, and some kind of oil (usually olive oil is used, but vegetable oil, or even butter, also works). On top of the basic ingredients, various other things can be added to give more flavor to your pizza dough such as parmesan, garlic, or herbs.
Can you refrigerate bread machine pizza dough?
Yes, bread machine pizza dough can be refrigerated after taking it out of the machine. Just wrap the portions you are going to use later individually, and place them in the fridge. The dough will last a couple of days this way. Alternatively, you can also place your pizza dough in the freezer. Just make sure to let it get to room temperature before baking.
Which bread machines should you choose if you want to use it for making pizza dough? The truth is, any bread machine with a “dough” setting can do the job, but some give you better results than others.
The three machines on our today’s list all perform great when making pizza dough, so it’s up to you to choose the one you like best!