Bread machines are something that many of us grew up with and maybe still use today. What many don’t know, is that it’s so easy to make gluten-free bread in these machines.
For those who consume a gluten-free diet, bread machines that can successfully make gluten-free bread are very appealing. Gluten-free bread in stores can sometimes be pricey, and it doesn’t always taste the best. With these machines, you can play around with recipes until you find a few that you absolutely love. There are many gluten-free bread recipes online that you can pick from!
In this article, we’ll be outlining the best bread machines for baking gluten-free bread. Before we get started on that, we’ll discuss some important topics relating to gluten and gluten-free bread.
Table of Contents
- 1 Hamilton Beach Non-Stick Bread Maker
- 2 ALBOHES Stainless Steel Bread Maker
- 3 Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker
- 4 T-fal ActiBread Bread Maker
- 5 KBS Stainless Steel Bread Machine
- 6 What is Gluten?
- 7 Gluten-Free Grains
- 8 How Does Gluten-Free Bread Differ from “Normal” Bread?
- 9 What Can Bread Makers Be Used For?
- 10 Guidance Videos
Hamilton Beach Non-Stick Bread Maker
This non-stick bread maker by Hamilton Beach comes with 12 different settings. One of these settings is ‘gluten-free’ so that you can make perfect gluten-free breads.
You get to choose if you’d like to make a 1.5 pound or 2 pound loaf. You also get the opportunity to choose between light, medium or dark crust. The display is clear and easy to see, and there’s even a delay timer for when you want to prep everything in advance, and press start later.
The interior bread pan is easily removable and can be washed by hand or dishwasher. This bread maker even comes with two kneading paddles, so if one is in the dishwasher, you can still make your bread.
- 12 SETTINGS INCLUDING GLUTEN-FREE. Developed with nutrition in mind, settings include: French, Quick Bread (no yeast), Sweet, 1.5-lb Express, 2-lb Express, Dough, Jam, Cake, Whole Grain and Bake. Audible reminder for adding fruits and nuts.
- CHOOSE 1.5LB or 2LB LOAF AND CRUST SETTINGS. Select your loaf size and choose from light, medium or dark crust setting.
- GREAT FOR DOUGH PREP: In addition to bread, you can make pizza dough, cakes, jams, flatbreads and croissants.
- LARGE DIGITAL DISPLAY WITH DELAY TIMER. View and select the cycle, crust, and loaf size. Use delay timer to add ingredients and begin the baking process later - perfect for breakfast and entertaining. Dimensions (inches): 12.2 H x 14.13 W x 10.43 D
- NON-STICK, DISHWASHER-SAFE PAN & 2 KNEADING PADDLES. Interior pan removes for easy cleaning in the dishwasher. Two kneading paddles let you use one while the other is in the dishwasher.
With this bread machine by the well-known and reputable Hamilton Beach, you can’t go wrong! You’ll be making easy, delicious, artisan breads in no time.
No products found.
No products found.
One of the most popular features of this bread maker is that it’s compatible with Alexa and your phone. It connects through wifi so that you can control the machine from anywhere in your house. You’re able to set a time and get notifications when it’s done.
Not only does this bread machine have an option for gluten-free bread, it has an option for gluten-free cakes as well. This is extremely unique and perfect for anyone who normally loves to bake cakes but wants to try making one with ease in this machine.
You can choose between making a 1.1, 1.7, and 2.2 pound loaf of bread. You also get to choose what type of crust you’d like. This bread maker has a delay timer so that you can prepare your breakfast for the family the night before and have it ready when you wake up.
If you don’t want to eat the bread right away, no worries! There’s a built-in 60 minute warm keeping setting.
If you’re looking to make traditional large bread loaves, this bread maker can help. It makes 2 pound loaves and there’s a gluten-free setting to choose. This company encourages you to use organic ingredients for bread making which can make it even healthier.
This bread maker using 120 volts so it can help conserve energy. It comes with two kneading blades that do all the kneading work for you. If you’re in a rush, you can select the quick baking cycle.
This bread maker comes with a measuring cup to give you perfect proportions every time, and a measuring spoon. Whether you’re a beginner or expert bread maker, you can benefit from this machine. You can delay the bread making for up to 13 hours which is perfect for easy morning breakfasts or dinner.
- Bakes a large traditional rectangular shaped 2-pound loaf; Gluten Free and Custom Menu settings will accommodate gluten free and organic baking ingredients.
- Bakes a large traditional rectangular shaped 2-pound loaf;Electrical Rating:120 volts
- Dual kneading blades to knead the dough thoroughly.
- Quick baking cycle prepares breads in about 2-hour.
- Includes a measuring cup and measuring spoon.
The manual for this bread maker even includes a variety of recipes that you can try making to get familiar with how the machine works.
It’s not just for bread, though. You can make your own homemade jams, cakes, and even cinnamon buns in here too!
T-fal ActiBread Bread Maker
T-fal is a brand that many of us are familiar with. This bread maker is perfect for making homemade gluten-free bread. You can actually choose between many gluten-free settings which is unique. Some of these include gluten-free salty, gluten-free sweet, and even a gluten-free cake.
If you try to consume less sodium in your diet, there’s even a setting for salt-free bread. You can choose between a 1 pound, 1.5 pound or a 2 pound loaf. There are crust settings for medium, light, or dark.
This bread maker comes with an automatic keep warm function so that it’s still nice and warm to enjoy whenever you’re ready. It also has a delay start feature of up to 15 hours.
- Gluten-free bread maker with 15 programmable settings: gluten-free salty, gluten-free sweet, gluten-free cake, rapid whole wheat, whole wheat, salt-free, super rapid, rapid sweet bread, French, sweet, cooking, dough, cake, jam, and pasta
- 3 loaf sizes (1, 1.5, or 2 lbs); 3 crust settings (light, medium, or dark); 700 watts of power
- Digital LCD display with indicator light; delay start up to 15 hours; automatic keep warm
- Brushed stainless-steel housing with black accents; top-loading lid with display window; nonstick coated inner pan and handle for easy cleaning
- Includes measuring cup and spoon, hook, kneading blade, and recipe book with 25 recipes
The T-fal ActiBread maker even comes with a recipe book. This mini cookbook contains 25 different recipes you can make in this machine.
If you’re looking for an extra large bread maker, this might be the one for you. This bread machine can make 2.2 pound large loaves which are great for big families or entertaining. This is one of the heaviest loaf capacities we’ve found in a bread maker so far.
The pan that the bread is made in is non-stick and ceramic. It comes with a fruit and nut dispenser. The bread machine is stainless steel with a tempered glass cover so if you want to keep it out on your counter all the time, it will still look great.
- 【Engineered for Mouth-Watering Bread】Built-in microprocessor monitors and adjusts heat intensity for proper enzymatic reactions. Patented heaters generate rapid and even heat in pan. 4.5r/s high rotating speed guarantees thorough kneading...KBS bread machine do all just to optimize baking performance and ensure superior, consistent texture for you.
- 【Customize Your Preference with 17 Programs】710W KBS bread machine bakes up to an 2lb loaf for larger families, and features 3 crust colors from light to dark to meet everyone's taste. Developed with nutrition in mind, we select 17 cycles including Gluten Free, Multigrain, Whole Wheat. Come and enjoy your fresh home-baked bread without preservatives or trans fats freely!
- 【Easy Operation and User-Friendly】Simply add ingredients, select menu and click start, then KBS bread machine will take care of all. Intuitive touch-pad control, large LCD display offers a clear view of baking process. 15h delay time plus 1h keep warm allow you to wake or come home to a just-baked loaf with an enticing aroma gently filling the air.
- 【Dishwasher Safe and Mess Free】Smooth brushed stainless steel house looks elegant on your countertop and is easy to maintain. FDA approved, Teflon free and Nonstick bread pan is totally safe and make cleanup quick and easy - Neat and Time Saving!
- 【Durable and 12-Month Warranty】 Strict quality management system has been established to ensure the durable use of KBS bread machine. And we offer 12-month limited warranty - Safe Purchase! Any problem please feel free to contact us immediately, we always strive to help resolve the problems.
The KBS Stainless Steel Bread Machine comes with a 15 hour delay time and a 1 hour keep warm function. With this bread machine, you can have healthy and fresh gluten-free bread whenever you want!
What is Gluten?
The word gluten refers to the proteins that are found in all wheat products. This includes durum, semolina, wheat berries, spelt, farro, rye, barley and more.
Gluten is what helps certain foods keep their shape. It’s often referred to as a glue that keeps the food together, and that’s completely accurate. Gluten can be hundreds of proteins mixed together, but the two most abundant proteins are gliadin and glutenin.
Gliadin is what makes the bread rise when it’s baking. Glutenin is what gives the dough its elasticity.Here are the three main sources of gluten along with what familiar foods they’re commonly found in.
- Most breads including sliced bread, baguettes, buns, pita and more
- Baked goods such as donuts and cookies
- Many pastas unless otherwise noted
- Most cereal
- Food colorings
- Brewer’s yeast
- 100% rye bread or bread that contains rye
- Rye beer
- Some cereals
It might seem like everything in the world contains gluten, but if you do a bit of research and experimenting, you’ll find that it couldn’t be further from the truth. Below are some examples of popular gluten-free grains.
- Brown rice
- Wild rice
Flours can be found for all of the above to bake with.
How Does Gluten-Free Bread Differ from “Normal” Bread?
Most breads in stores today are made with wheat flour, either whole wheat or white. Gluten-free bread, on the other hand, is made with gluten-free flour such as rice flour, buckwheat flour, potato flour, sorghum flour and more.
Traditional bread with gluten is doughy and elasticity due to all the gluten proteins, but gluten-free bread can sometimes lack this texture. Many gluten-free breads can end up crumby and just fall apart since there was nothing added to hold it together.
Adding different types of gums such as guar gum or xanthan gum act as a replacement that can hold the gluten-free flours together.
What Can Bread Makers Be Used For?
Despite the name, bread makers can actually be used to make much more than just bread. Most machines can also make homemade jams and preserves. If you like baking your own cakes, you can make “normal” and gluten-free cakes in most machines.
Bread makers can also be used to make pasta and dough. The dough can be used for pizza or cinnamon buns.
Everything made in a bread maker can be customized to your personal liking. You can add nuts, seeds, fruits, and even chopped vegetables to your breads. You also get to control the amount of salt and sweetener in each loaf.
Let’s get started on listing the best bread makers for gluten-free bread!
Here are a couple of guidance videos that will provide additional reviews and explanations for some of the bread makers we featured in this article.
We’ll also include some how-to videos for extra tips and guidance, along with some recipe demonstration videos.