Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Once a staple of food preparation in commercial kitchens, mandoline slicers are now widely available, affordable, and the perfect solution to save time and nerves while cutting fruits and veggies.
However, there is a lot to choose from, and it’s hard to tell a high-quality mandoline slicer from a lousy copy. For this reason, we have tested a variety of mandoline slicers available on the market today and come up with this top 5 list!Invalid table id.
The 5 Best Mandoline Slicers For Potatoes Reviewed
1. OXO 1155700 Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer
This mandoline slicer boasts a V-shaped blade made of high-quality hardened stainless steel. This is a super sharp and hard blade, so it not only cuts with ease through firm vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes, but it can also give you perfect slices of soft veggies and fruits such as tomatoes.
- Sharp, V-shaped blade of hardened stainless steel easily slices both firm vegetables like potatoes and soft fruits like tomatoes with four easily adjustable slice thickness settings: 1.5mm, 3mm, 4.5mm and 6mm
- Straight and wavy blades for straight or crinkle cuts, and julienne blades for French Fries or fine julienne strips
- Food holder securely holds food and protects fingers, and textured runway keeps food from sticking
- Mandoline locks closed and feet fold in for safe and compact storage
- Soft handle and turning knob for comfort and non-slip feet for safety
The OXO 1155700 Good Grips V-Blade Mandoline Slicer comes equipped with a straight and wavy blade, plus julienne blades. You can also choose between four slice thickness settings for unlimited flexibility. The body and the food holder are also dishwasher safe, but you’ll want to wash the blades by hand if you want to keep them sharp as long as possible.
2. Benriner Mandoline Jumbo Slicer With Japanese Stainless Steel Blade
Benriner is the name most people will immediately connect with mandoline slicers. The company has been around since the 1940s and they have always been known for making slicers for foods and vegetables. Originally a must-have tool in commercial kitchens, the Bernier Mandoline Slicer has become a must have tool for home cooks and professionals alike.
This Mandoline Jumbo Slicer from Benriner features a simple design, but it’s amazingly functional and performs great for slicing all kinds of fruits and vegetables. The body of the slicer is 13 inches long and 6.5 inches wide which means there is enough space to cut large potatoes and sweet potatoes, but also other large vegetables like aubergines for example.
The slicer also comes with a large open handle, which is comfortable to hold and can also be attached to the large pieces of fruits and veggies horizontally, so you can get nice long slices.
- Benriner's Jumbo Mandoline Slicer quickly and easily slices larger fruits and veggies into consistently sized pieces that cook evenly and look great
- Made from handcrafted Japanese stainless steel blade and BPA-free plastic; large open handle for comfort and nonskid rubber base for added stability
- Includes 1 fixed wide straight edge blade to cut larger produce into slices, like cabbage, melon, and more
- Safety guard holds smaller pieces to protect fingers; hooks onto bowls to collect slices; slices consistent thicknesses; save time during food prep
- Easy to use; healthy snacks, garnishes, and more; disassembles for easy cleaning; top-rack dishwasher safe
The body of this mandoline slicer is made of BPA-free plastic and has a non-slip rubber base that prevents any accidents. The durable handcrafted blade made of Japanese steel.
3. Cuisinart CTG-00-MANG Mandoline
Cuisinart is known for making innovative and functional solutions for your kitchen, and they certainly didn’t disappoint us with this premium mandoline slicer. The Cuisinart CTG-00-MANG Mandoline is 16.4 inches long and 7.5 inches wide, giving you just enough space to slice almost anything.
With this slicer, you’ll get a straight edge/crinkle cut blade, a shredding blade, and two julienne blades – one for fine cut julienne pieces and one or thick cuts, which is perfect for french fries or sweet potato fries. A lever on the side of the slicer allows you to adjust the thickness of the slices to one of the 5 different settings with just a simple move.
- Exclusive cuisinart, patent pending design
- Soft-grip handle and feet and unique holder design
- Safety and storage features for blades
- Food processor blade technology and adjustable slicing width
- Dishwasher safe Features: Superior stainless steel blades|4 cutting options featuring Cuisinart’s exclusive food processor blade technology|Precise thickness adjuster Food holder with built-in food pusher
What we liked the most is the fact that all of the blades are stored right in the body of the mandoline. There is also a safety guard that flips over and protects the blades when in storage.
Overall, it’s really an amazing mandoline slicer. It’s perfect for potatoes, but it can also do much more!
4. Kyocera Advanced Ceramic Adjustable Mandoline Vegetable Slicer with Handguard
This mandoline slicer from Kyocera is a nice versatile lightweight slicer. The slicer is 10.6 inches long and 3.6 inches wide. It has a comfortable handle on top and built-in notches at the corners that allow you to rest this mandoline slicer on the side of a bowl or plate.
- Precision and Elegance in Every Slice: The art of culinary perfection begins with our Adjustable Ceramic Mandoline Food Slicer. Works just as fast as a vegetable chopper and ensures exceptional quality and beauty in every slice.
- Unmatched Cutting Performance: Our veggie cutter features ultra-sharp, pure, advanced ceramic blades that effortlessly maintain their edge up to 10x longer than traditional steel blades. Our vegetable cutter brings excellence to your kitchen meal prep.
- Vegetable Slicer: The ceramic blade of our vegetable cutter ensures your fruits and vegetables retain their natural color and freshness. Say goodbye to browning and embrace the pure essence of your ingredients with our exceptional kitchen gadgets.
- Essential Kitchen Accessories: Effortlessly achieve smooth and even slices with the adjustable dial of the mandoline food slicer, offering four cut thicknesses (0.5mm, 1.3mm, 2.0mm, and 3.0mm). From paper-thin to thick, unleash your culinary artistry!
- Meal Prep Made Easy: The vegetable slicer features corner notches that securely hold over your meal prep container. Slice with ease and security using the included handguard with our vegetable cutter.
What makes this slicer unique is the ceramic blade Kyocera is using for their slicers. These ceramic blades made in Japan are exceptionally strong and sharp. According to the manufacturer, they can also last 10 times longer than steel blades. There is also a dial that allows you to choose between 4 different thickness settings. Overall, a nice lightweight and functional slicer.
5. OXO 3105300 SteeL Chef’s Mandoline
This mandoline slicer from OXO features 4 different blades (actually two blade inserts with two sides). Thanks to these 4 blades and the possibility to precisely adjust the thickness of the cut, this slier can make straight, crinckle, and waffle cut slices, and also julienne strips in different sizes.
- Easy-to-use and versatile mandoline is the perfect tool for preparing a wide variety of fruits and vegetables
- Straight, serrated and two different wavy blades can be set to any slice thickness and are ideal for making cucumber salad, potato chips, onion rings, waffle fries and citrus slices
- Straight blade easily cuts through firm fruits and vegetables like potatoes and apples
- Serrated blade glides through soft foods like tomatoes, hollow foods like peppers and layered foods like onions with ease
- Make French fries, carrot sticks and garnishes with the thin and thick julienne blades
This is especially nice for cutting potatoes and sweet potatoes as you can play around with different cuts of chips, French fries and alike. This mandoline slicer has folding legs, a stable base, and a comfortable handle to hold it while slicing. A food holder is also included.
Final Thoughts: How To Choose A Mandoline Slicer?
So, how do you know which mandoline slicer is right for you? No matter if you want to cut mainly firm veggies like potatoes and sweet potatoes, or get the perfect slices of fruit for decorating a cake, for example, you’ll want a slicer with a high-quality sharp blade.
All of the slicers on our list have good durable blades, and it’s a matter of personal choice whether you opt for a stainless steel one like the Benriner Mandoline Jumbo Slicer With Japanese Stainless Steel Blade or a mandoline slicer with a ceramic blade like the Kyocera Advanced Ceramic Adjustable Mandoline Vegetable Slicer. In any case, we hope this guide has helped you find the next favorite kitchen tool.