Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
The best moonshine still kits will make homebrewing your alcohol even more rewarding and fun. It will not only give you the freedom to craft your own spirits, but it will also save you money in the long run.
However, finding the best equipment at a good price can be quite challenging. You have a lot of options on the market that come in various price points.
Table of Contents
So to help you out, we did all the digging for you to narrow down your choices. In no time, you’ll see yourself producing high-quality flovered moonshine for many years to come.
- Our Pick: OLizee 8 Gal Stainless Steel Moonshine Still Kit
- Runner Up: WMN Trulystep Home Distiller
- Seeutek Copper Tube Moonshine Kit
- VEVOR 9.6Gal 38L Stainless Steel Moonshine Still Kit
- Clawhammer Supply 5 Gallon Copper Moonshine DIY Still Kit
In a hurry? This is our winner!
Best Moonshine Still Kits – Comparison Table
Moonshine Stills – Reviews
- All stainless steel construction and welding technique - avoid any health problems associated with copper and solder constructed stills
- Multifunction - can be used for distilling fruit wine, distilling water, purifying water, distilling brandy,etc
- Thumper keg - new thumper, perfect for adding flavors to your product! use any fruits or flavoring
- Independent airway design - allows the distillate to rise faster and delivery a higher purity
- ONE Year Warranty! Package Included: 1* Distiller(parts complete)
- All steel construction, making it long-lasting
- It has a thumper for adding flavors like fruit to your product
- Its airway design allows the distillate to rise faster and to deliver a higher purity
- A cool, old-school design
- It comes with step-by-step online assembly videos
- You may need an additional water pump
- If you’re not good with tools, it may be challenging for you to set it up
- 🍀Moonshine stills - Complete distillation equipment, suitable for beginners or expert distiller, easy to handle and installation.
- 🍀Material and construction - safe & non-toxic red Copper and Stainless steel material, there is not any lead in all the parts, All the parts are made of food-grade materials, the fermenter is specially thickened. (Dimensions: capacity: 3 gallons/ 12L, Height: 9. 8Inch, diameter: 9. 8Inch. )
- 🍀Build-in thermometer - metal Thermometers show as: Celsius & Fahrenheit, so operator can inspect the temperature Easily when running The distiller, free Stainless steam plate and Gauze bag, to prevent burn out, and has much better on distillation. Free temperature sticker on the fermenter, can inspect the temperature when use the big pot as a fermenter pot.
- 🍀Multipurpose usage - there are many different ways to use our Moonshine alcohol still, home distiller can be used for Seawater distillation, steam distillation and for distilling alcohol. According to your favorite, You can make different kinds of items in the Moonshine stills such as alcohol, Ethanol, whiskey, water Distiller, wine making, essential oils, Hydrosol, etc.
- 🍀★★★★★ 100% refund - we one year ，online video Guide and free Parts Exchanged can rest assured to BUY. If you are not fully satisfied with our products, We will give you a full refund.
- Complete distillation equipment
- Easy to handle and install
- Made of safe and non-toxic red copper and steel materials
- Its built-in thermometer ensures the temperature is accurate when distilling
- The condenser has an additional outlet to make emptying or circulating distilled water easier
- It’ll require you to have extra tubing
- You can’t use it with an induction
- 🍸 Professional Alcohol Still -- Home copper still, suitable for beginners or professional, easy to use. The alcohol kit adopts an open cooling method. The copper cooling tube has good thermal conductivity and has a larger contact area with the coolant. This makes the whiskey still have excellent cooling performance and increase the wine production speed.
- 🍸 Alcohol Still -- All parts of the distillery kit are made of food-grade materials, lead-free, high temperature resistance, acid and alkali resistance. The fermenter barrel is specially thickened and supports a variety of heating methods: gas stove, induction cooker, electric ceramic stove, firewood, etc. The buckle on the lid and the silicone gasket make the alcohol distiller have a perfect seal.
- 🍸 Built-in Thermometer -- The distiller kit contains a metal thermometer, which displays degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit, so you can more accurately grasp the temperature of the fermenter during use. Please Note: the cooling barrel has water inlets and water outlets, which enter through the lower inlet and discharge from the upper outlet to achieve efficient cooling and improve efficiency.
- 🍸 Multiple Uses -- You can make all your favorite beverages in the alcohol distiller, such as whiskey, scotch, rum, tequila, brandy, vodka, etc. The spirit still can also be used to distill water, alcohol, and make essential oils. You can also install a one-way gas valve on the lid of the alcohol distiller according to your needs, which is also suitable for home brewing.
- 🍸 Quality Assurance -- Free returns, free parts replacement! The liquor still kit included: fermentation barrel, condensing barrel, one-way valve, thermometer, silicone hose, sealing kit, user manual. Fermentation Pot: 10.8" × 10.2", Condensation Pot: 7.1" × 4.3". If you have any question during use, please contact the customer service at any time.
- Very easy to be set up and use
- Made of stainless steel and top-grade red copper pipe
- Comes with three outlets, including water-in, water-out, and wine-out that will make emptying or circulating water easier
- It has a dial reading thermometer
- Steel clamps to keep sealing more steady
- Some users say that they experience leaks on the fittings
- The unit may heat too quickly
- You need an additional water pump to make the cooling process better
- Sufficient Capacity: This alcohol still provides you with a fermentation capacity of 8 gallons. Boiler barrel: 13.8" X 13. 8" (35 x 35 cm), condenser: 7.9" X 4.3" (20 x 11 cm), which can ferment up to 30 liters of raw materials. Perfect for family-together parties. All parts are made of food-grade materials, including silicone, stainless steel, and copper.
- Rapid Cooling: The distillery kit adopts an open cooling method. The copper coil has rapid thermal conductivity and has a large contact area with the coolant, providing a lower distillation temperature. The rubber pad under the condenser can insulate and accelerate cooling.
- Easy to Operate: The alcohol still kit has a real-time thermometer on the lid, with a dual-display of Celsius and Fahrenheit, which is convenient for monitoring the temperature of the wine during the distillation process.
- Durable & Tight Seal: Unlike regular tubes, we use food-grade silicone tubes, which are flexible and tough, and are not easy to bend to ensure a good seal. Four buckles and silicone gaskets inside the lid help to seal tightly. In addition, the package has a one-way exhaust valve, which can be easily used during the fermentation process.
- Versatile Application: There are many ways to use our alcohol still kit. According to your preferences, you can make Whiskey, Wine, Brandy, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Water Distiller, Ethanol, Essential Oils, etc. The thickened bottom allows various heating methods, including gas stoves, firewood, electric ceramic heaters, etc.
- Sturdy food grade stainless steel material stands up for years
- Copper coils own large contact area with water coolant, which offers to assure cooling performance
- Convenient thermometer
- Four quick clips help tight sealing
- Lifting handles attached on the bucket sustains a large amount of tension
- It does not work with induction
- Some users report that the airblock is not quality
- It comes with a traditional design
- You’ll enjoy getting it up and running
- It comes with everything you need to put it together
- Made of high-quality copper material
- You need to do a little soldering
- It may require an extra water pump
Best Moonshine Still Kits – Buyers Guide
Copper or stainless steel?
Both materials are good. So it’s a matter of preference. If you’re tight on budget and want to get your distilling journey started, food grade stainless steel cookware and kits are a good option.
But if you’re truly serious with it and can afford to spend a bit more, it’s a better idea to go fo copper.
Assembled or not?
Most people tend to overlook this factor. And there are a lot of moonshine enthusiasts out there spending large chunks of cash into nice, massive units but can’t get it to work. The reason for it? They simply don’t have a clue how to put the pieces together.
So at the end of the day, if you’re not good with tools and don’t like the idea of soldering and putting things together, buy a simpler ready-made still kit.
How much capacity do I need?
The units on our moonshine kits are in the medium-sized range, which is 3 to 5 gallons. That’s a reasonable size for an average home. Nonetheless, make sure to consider the size of your house before buying a unit. Buying a huge still in a small space will make it challenging for you to store it.
These are the moonshine stills available on the market today. When choosing which one to get, determine first if you just want a kit to play around with or something that will help you become an expert at the craft. Doing so will ensure that you’ll end up with the right still suitable for your needs.