Who doesn’t love a quick and easy recipe, right? But contrary to popular belief, delicious recipes don’t always have to be quick to be easy. Sometimes, popping a beautiful cut of meat with the right marinade into your slow cooker can result in a lip-smacking meal, with minimal effort.
On top of being tasty, slow cooker meals are healthy and nutritious too. The process of one-pot cooking allows all the moisture to remain in the food, locking in the vitamins and minerals. One pot cooking also means that clean up is a breeze.
You don’t have to wash 5 different utensils after a long day just because you fancied a nice homemade meal. Another great thing about slow cookers is that no matter how inexpensive your cut of meat, the slow cooking process will make it super tender.
Not only do slow cookers use less power than an average oven, they also give off less heat, making them ideal for use in all weather conditions.
If you are the sort of person who doesn’t have a lot of time to slave over the stove and yet prefer to eat homemade meals instead of ordering takeout every other day, you must research into investing in a sturdy non-toxic slow cooker.
To help you choose the best non toxic slow cooker, I have made a list of my top three favourite ones.
Table of Contents
- 1 Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer Stainless Steel
- 2 Instant Pot LUX Mini 3 Qt 6-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer
- 3 Hamilton Beach 33969A 6-Quart Programmable Set & Forget w/Temperature Probe Slow Cooker Stainless Steel
- 4 Final Thoughts
Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer Stainless Steel
The crockpot brand is well known all over the world. Even if you are a beginner to the world of slow cookers, chances are you are already familiar with the brand name.
This 6-quart cook and carry slow cooker is ideal for making meals for up to 7 plus people, making it a great option for feeding larger families. It can even be your go-to utensil for the next potluck you go to.
Made of stainless-steel, this slow cooker comes with a digital timer that lets you control the cook time manually. You can choose to cook your meals from 30 minutes up to 20 hours!
A great feature in this slow cooker is that once your cooking time is complete, it shifts the setting to ‘warm’.
This means that even if you are away from your kitchen hours after your meal is done, you can be sure that you will come home to a warm dinner.
The lid is easy to use and locks securely in place, making it totally mess free for you to carry during road trips or when you travel to that potluck we talked about earlier.
The removable stone insert can be used safely in the microwave and the oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit but not in the broiler.
It is dishwasher safe but don’t use it directly on the stove. The lid however, is not suitable for use in microwaves or ovens but can be popped in the dishwasher.
- 6 quart Cook & Carry Slow Cooker serves 7+ people
- Digital countdown control lets you program cook times anywhere from 30 minutes up to 20 hours; shifts to Warm setting automatically once cook time completes
- Easy to use locking lid featuring lid gasket provides extra seal for less mess on the go
- All Crock Pot Slow Cooker removable stone inserts (without lid) may be used safely in the microwave and the oven set up to 400 degree F. If you own another slow cooker brand, please refer to your owner’s manual for specific crockery cooking medium tolerances
- Works on 240 Watts at 120V A.C. and 60Hz
Instant Pot LUX Mini 3 Qt 6-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer
Instant Pot is another great name in the slow cooker industry and many of my friends swear by it. This digital slow cooker comes in three different sizes so you can choose one depending on your need. The available variants are 3-quart, 6-quart and 8-quart.
If you make meals just for yourself or are short on kitchen space, you should consider getting the smaller variant. But if counter space is not a concern, you should definitely invest in the largest size to keep it handy for hosting dinner parties.
This Instant Pot is extremely versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. You can use it as a pressure cooker, a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a steamer, warmer or even as something to sauté ingredients in before starting the slow cooking process.
The Instant Pot manufacturers claim that it can prepare your meals up to 70% faster which means less time spent on cooking and more time spent enjoying the meal with your loved ones (or Netflix).
The Instant Pot is built with the latest 3rd generation microprocessor technology which allows you to use the pressure cooker option for up to 4 hours. You can even set up the timer to delay the start of your cooking process.
This slow cooker can keep your food warm for up to 10 hours after it’s done cooking. You can choose from one of three temperature settings for your recipe.
The interior of the pot is made from food grade 304 stainless-steel with no chemical coating. The bottom is 4-ply for even heat distribution and the fully sealed environment traps flavors, nutrients and aromas within the food.
- High Pressure is from 10.2 – 11.6 psi
Hamilton Beach 33969A 6-Quart Programmable Set & Forget w/Temperature Probe Slow Cooker Stainless Steel
I love this Hamilton Beach slow cooker because of a great added feature that is not available in the other slow cookers on the list. This slow cooker comes with an electric temperature probe that allows you to measure your food’s internal temperature.
Meat connoisseurs know how important it is to be accurate when cooking a delicious piece of roast and how having a probe makes it extremely easy to get that perfect cook every time.
The smart technology allows you to cook a recipe to either a desired cooking time or specific temperature, before automatically switching to warm when it’s done. The patented temperature probe’s takes the meat’s temperature and displays it on the control panel as it cooks.
The lid clips securely in place, making it perfect to take to a party or potluck. The tight seal helps prevent messy spills during bumpy car rides. The crock and glass lid are removable and dishwasher safe, making cleanup simple.
If your home is prone to power outages, this is the right choice for you. The power interrupt protection keeps this slow cooker on during a brief power outage. The 6-quart capacity of this slow cooker makes it ideal for a six-pound chicken or a four-pound roast.
- NOT YOUR MOM’S SLOW COOKER: Smart technology allows you to cook a recipe to either a desired cooking time or specific temperature, before automatically switching to Warm when it’s done
- PATENTED TEMPERATURE PROBE: Place the temperature probe into large cuts of meat to cook to a precise temperature the control panel will display the food’s exact temperature as it cooks
- CLIP-TIGHT GASKET LID: The lid clips securely in place, perfect for taking the slow cooker to a party, potluck or tailgate the tight seal helps prevent messy spills along the way
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable and dishwasher safe crock and glass lid make cleanup simple and power interrupt protection keeps slow cooker on during a brief power outage
- 6 QUART CAPACITY: Spacious size is perfect for a 6 pound chicken or 4 pound roast
All three of the slow cookers mentioned in this list are great options but the subtle differences in the features is what makes them noteworthy.
You can go through the features and decide which one is right for you but I assure you, any of them would make a great addition to your kitchen and make your life hassle free.