Perhaps you are wondering if you can use a pressure cooker on an induction hob. Well, the answer is an emphatic yes. However, there are certain things that you have to keep in mind because an induction hob doesn’t work in the same way as an electric stove.
Table of Contents
- 1 Kuhn Rikon 3044 Pressure-Cooker
- 2 Buffalo QCP412 12-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- 3 Fissler Vitaquick/Pressure Cooker
- 4 WMF Perfect Plus 8- 1.2 Quart Pressure Cooker
- 5 Nuwave 31201 Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- 6 Magefesa 01OPSTAB010 Star B Stainless Steel Fast Pressure Cooker
- 7 How Does an Induction Hob Work?
- 8 Can You Use a Pressure Cooker on an Induction Hob?
- 9 Can You Put Mason Jars in a Pressure Cooker?
- 10 Final Thoughts
Kuhn Rikon 3044 Pressure-Cooker
This pressure cooker is a good size at 8 and a half quarts which will easily feed a family of four with enough left to freeze. It has a stainless steel body with an aluminum core which allows for even heat distribution. It also has a stainless steel steaming plate.
There is a pressure indicator on the spring-loaded safety valve so you can keep an eye on what is happening in your pressure cooker. It can be cleaned by hand washing.
- 8-1/2-quart stockpot pressure cooker with stainless-steel steaming plate
- 18/10 stainless-steel body with aluminum core for quick and even heat distribution
- Integrated lid-locking system keeps lid secure while cooking
- Spring-loaded safety valve with visual pressure indicator pin
- Comes with "Quick Cuisine Cookbook"; hand wash only; 10-year warranty
Food cooks in just one-third of the time it does by conventional methods.
You will save 70% in fuel costs.
The pressure cooker comes with a cookbook and a 10-year warranty.
A few customers have complained that the plastic parts have broken easily, for example, the plastic part of the valve housing that fits on top of the lid,.
Buffalo QCP412 12-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
This stainless steel pressure cooker heats up faster and more effectively than most stainless steel pressure cookers. In fact, it will cook your food in 75% of the time that it would on a conventional stove. There are safety features including a pressure relief safety device.
The gear tenon interlock can be closed and opened easily and is German designed. The pressure cooker has a very good capacity at 12 quarts which can provide food for a crowd or for freezing.
- Exclusively made from BUFFALO Clad, its thermal conductivity is faster and more even than conventional stainless steel cookware
- Buffalo Pressure Cooker also manage to obtain ISO 9001 : 2000 and Safety Goods (SG) Certificate from Japan.
- German gear with mortise and tenon joint design, simple switch, safe, durable and easy cleaning
- Pressure indication valve, relieve pressure easily/ Emergency pressure relief safety device
- Suitable for use on gas stove, electric stove, induction cooker and ceramics furnace.
It is a tougher stainless steel than most pressure cookers.
Fissler Vitaquick/Pressure Cooker
This pressure cooker is suitable for all cooker types including an induction hob. It is made of stainless steel which is strong and sturdy. You don’t even need a measuring cup for this appliance as the pressure cooker has an internal measuring scale for liquid ingredients. There is a locking indicator which lights green and clicks. Then you know that the pressure cooker is securely closed and ready to go.
- Removable handle makes cleaning easy
- Works on all types of stovetops: electric, gas, glass ceramic and induction
- Functional: Internal markings for measuring liquids
- Locking Indicator: When the indicator turns green and you hear an audible click, the pressure cooker is securely closed and ready to cook
- You'll receive a Stainless steel pressure cooker, 8.5 quart, for all types of cookers with lid
There are two-speed settings. One for gentle and the other for speed.
There is a steam-release function that controls the vaporization.
It has a high-grade thermic base which means that the heat will be distributed evenly and will be retained.
A few customers have had problems with the euromatic valve breaking down.
WMF Perfect Plus 8- 1.2 Quart Pressure Cooker
This pressure cooker reduces cooking time by 70%, retaining plenty of vitamins and minerals in the food. It is made of heavy-gauge Cromargan 18/10 stainless steel which is strong and durable. There are advanced safety features which stops there being too much pressure build-up.
Once there is a problem the cooker whistles to tell you to switch it off. There are also colored rings which tell you what the pressure level is. It has a TransTherm base so that heat can be distributed evenly and makes the cooker very energy efficient.
- Advanced safety features prevent excessive pressure build-up
- Handle design improves comfort and safety and detaches for easy cleaning
- More healthy cooking as vitamins and minerals are preserved; included recipes by Lorna Sass
- Reduces cooking times by up 70-percent
- Constructed in Germany of heavy-gauge Cromargan 18/10 stainless steel
The lid can only be opened when the cooking indicator is down.
The handle can be removed for easy cleaning.
There are 3 main safety features; 1. There is a safety valve which releases extra pressure. 2. The pressure releases away from the user. 3. If the pressure gets too high, the lid gasket breaks.
A few customers have complained that the plastic handle has broken.
Nuwave 31201 Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
This pressure cooker, which can be used on a variety of hobs including induction, electric and gas burners, is made of stainless steel. It is very strong and durable.
You only need to put a little oil in it to make delicious healthy meals which keep the flavor locked in. Once steam starts to come out you need to turn the heat down. It is 6 and a ½ quarts so is a good size for a family.
- Quick And Healthy Meals- The Pressure Cooker Needs Little Oil And Can Cook Healthy Meals In Minutes Without Hassel.
- Versatile- The Nuwave Pressure Cooker Can Be Used On Induction Cooktop, Gas Stoves Or Electric Burners.
- Quality- Use Of The Premium Grade Stainless Steel Makes This Hardy And Long-Lasting Product.
- From The Brand: Nuwave
Has 3 safety features
Cooks up to 3 times faster than conventional cooking methods
Easy to clean
Some customers have said that the handle can come loose.
Magefesa 01OPSTAB010 Star B Stainless Steel Fast Pressure Cooker
This pressure cooker is big at 10 quarts so you can cook a meal for the family and have some left over to freeze. It is made from 18/10 stainless steel, silver and aluminum and is strong and sturdy. It also gives even heat distribution.
There are 3 security systems which will give you peace of mind when you are operating it. There are 2 safety clamps, a rotating pressure valves and a security pressure valve. The valves work independently from each other.
It is safe to be used in a dishwasher and resists tarnishing, rust, warping, cracking and stains. It reduces cooking time by up to 70% which will save you money.
- Suitable for all type of surfaces: gas, electric, ceramic and induction stoves
- Maximum regular pressure 8 PSI
- Dishwasher safe, Ten-year warranty
- Designed and made in Spain
- 3 security systems: two safety clamps, one security pressure valve and one rotating pressure valve that work independently one from the other
It has a 10 year warranty
The base has 5 layers which are encapsulated
You can’t open it before the pressure is released
A few customers have said that the cooker wouldn’t build up pressure because it was leaking from the sides.
How Does an Induction Hob Work?
Induction hobs are fast and efficient. They work by electrical induction instead of thermal conduction. Electric cookers and gas burners work by thermal conduction and do not heat up as quickly as an induction hob. Under each ceramic plate on an induction hob is a copper wire coil. These create a magnetic field and then transfer heat immediately to the pot.
Can You Use a Pressure Cooker on an Induction Hob?
Because of the efficiency of an induction hob, your pressure cooker will heat up quicker than on an ordinary burner. In fact, it will heat up as soon as the magnetic field makes contact with the pressure cooker. It is best to set it to medium heat so that the food doesn’t scorch.
On the other hand, induction hobs return to normal temperatures much quicker than electric hobs so this helps to regulate the temperature. You need to be on hand for the first few minutes of cooking time and it is always good to make use of the induction hob’s timer so that the heat automatically shuts off when you want.
Can You Put Mason Jars in a Pressure Cooker?
Yes, you can put mason jars in some pressure cookers, but you can’t do this without putting a rack on the bottom of the pressure cooker otherwise the glass could break. The next step is to pour in a cup of water and bring to a simmer; about 180F. Then you can add the food and cook.
In this article, we will be looking at our top choices of pressure cookers to use on an induction hob.
As has been seen it is perfectly viable to use a pressure cooker on an induction hob. You just have to remember that induction hobs heat up quicker than electric and therefore you shouldn’t put them on the highest heat setting otherwise the food may scorch. A medium heat is usually best.
One of the great things about using a pressure cooker on an induction stove is that food cooks even faster than on an electric burner so you can produce healthy food very quickly; great if you come in late from a hard day at work.
We hope that you have enjoyed our choice of pressure cookers for induction hobs and find one to suit.