Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
GoWISE USA is a company known for making environmentally products for your home. Some of their offerings include bathroom scales, pressure cookers, and air fryer. Their main goal is not only to save you valuable time but enhance your lifestyle and improve your health.
The brand’s air fryers have become popular in recent years. In this review, we’re going to have a look at the 4th generation GoWISE USA 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer.
Will it live up to expectations? Does it come with a wide array of new features? And most importantly, has the company fixed the issues of the older models that users are complaining about? Read on to find out.
About The GoWISE USA 5.8-Qt Family Size Air Fryer
No doubt, the GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 8-in-1 air fryer is one of the best sellers on Amazon. It has a 5.8qt capacity, which is an ideal size if your family has three to five members.
It allows you to not only fry but roast, grill, and bake as well. You can cook your favorite dishes or try out some new ones from the recipe book included.
The digital air fryer features a touchscreen interface to address the biggest complaint of the users of the other GoWISE USA air fryers. According to some owners of older models, the timer control button tends to break down after several uses.
With the improved start and stop button of this model, you will be able to change the temperature and time settings easily. You can even do it even when your unit is cooking.
Its built-in alarm system is a pretty useful feature. If you have to do something else, simply set it to 5, 10, or 15 minutes, and it will remind you of the food you’re cooking. Furthermore, it also comes with 6-inch pizza and baking pans, as well as a silicone pot, warming rack, and a rack with skewers.
Overall User Rating: 4.3 out of 5
- Flavor: 4.5
- Ease of Use: 4.5
- Temperature Control: 4.4
- Easy to clean: 4.3
- Versatility: 4.2
- Durability: 3.7
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 12.5 x 11.5 inches
- Weight: 16.5 pounds
- Volume or oven size: 8.8 quartz
- Pan size: 4.5 x 9 x 9.75 inches
- Minimum Temperature: 180°F
- Maximum Temperature: 400°F
- Timer: 1 to 30 minutes
- Wattage: 1700W
Rapid Air Circulation Technology.
A start and stop button function, which is a massive improvement from previous models.
Big enough capacity for a family of three to five.
Cool-touch handle and housing.
Includes a recipe book.
The unit has good customer support that will listen to your complaints.
You can only set its timer to a maximum of 30 minutes.
The handle may be faulty at times.
Its non-stick coating tends to chip.
You can’t use the air fryer on surfaces that are not heat resistant.
Customer service may be good listeners, but they can be slow at providing solutions.
What Makes The GoWISE USA 5.8Qt Interesting?
Just like with all GoWISE air fryers, this unit utilizes the innovative Rapid Air Circulation technology. It means that you’ll achieve the deliciousness of fried foods with little to no oil. It will circulate the hot air in every direction throughout your ingredients. As a result, you’ll have perfectly cooked food all the time.
And the best thing about it? You can sit back and relax or do other important things while waiting for your meal to cook.
The digital air fryer also has a handful of unique features, including a programmable, digital cooking setting. You have eight cooking presets to choose from, such as meat, steak, chicken, shrimp, fish, chips, cake, and warm-up.
Most air fryers available on the market today, don’t come with settings to control temperature, so this is a very convenient feature.Moreover, it boasts of a nonstop full one-hour of cook time.
Its temperature, which ranges between 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, even exceeds industry standards. Its touchscreen panel, on the other hand, allows you to set a specific temperature and cooking time easily. All you have to do is use the up and down arrow buttons or one of its eight presets.
The GoWISE USA 8-in-1 Air Fryer also doesn’t fall short in terms of safety features, such as:
- An auto-shutoff feature in case the unit malfunctions and to prevent overheating. It will also give out an error code to help diagnose the issue.
- The cool-touch handle has a button-guard detachment to prevent it from accidentally discharging from the basket.
- Non-slip feet.
- On and off switch button.
- ETL and FDA certifications.
- Enjoy your favorite food without the extra calories. This air fryer allows you to fry, bake, grill, and roast with little to no oil. Make crispy fried chicken, steak, French fries, pizza and much more in one countertop appliance
- Sleek and modern look with advanced touch screen menu. Take the guesswork out of cooking with the built-in touch screen menu featuring 8 cooking presets: Fries/Chips, Pork, Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, Cake, Fish, and Pizza. Equipped with a wide temperature range from 180Fahrenheit to 400Fahrenheit in 10 degree increments and a cooking timer up to 30 minutes
- Featuring a new Start/Stop button to change time and temperature in the middle of a cook cycle. Don’t forget to shake with the new built-in alarm function that reminds you to shake your ingredients in 5, 10, 15 minute increments
- Comes with non-stick pan and detachable basket equipped with a cool touch handle and button guard to prevent accidental detachment. Shake and flip contents in the middle of your cooking program with the detachable frying basket
- Includes recipe book, This recipe book is filled with 50 recipes specifically made for GoWISE USA Air Fryers. Choose from a variety of meals to make for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert
Ease Of Use
It’s easy to use the GoWISE 5.8Qt Family Size Air Fryer. Once you’ve prepared your ingredients, just open it up, and place your food in its cooking basket. You can also remove the basket if you want to fill it up first.
Then simply place it back inside the machine. Push the lid close and set its timer and temper to your preference. Or you can choose a preset suitable for your food.
Cleaning the appliance is simple as well. Remove the pan and basket, and wash them by hand or in your dishwasher. However, dishwashing these attachments may reduce their life span. Hence, the manufacturer doesn’t recommend it even though they’re dishwasher safe. It is best to use a rag, hot water, and dish soap for degreasing to clean these items.
Furthermore, make sure the air fryer has cooled down before wiping down its inside. The housing is always cool to the touch, so you can always wipe it down using a damp cloth followed by a dry one to get rid of spots.
The GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer presents many advantages. It allows you to cook your favorite fried foods to perfection, thanks to its Rapid Air Circulation technology. You can cook healthy dishes since it utilizes little to no oil.
It does have a few shortcomings though, including chipping of the basket’s non-stick coating and 30-minute timer. It’s also not ideal for stacked cooking.
However, these drawbacks do outweigh its benefits, such as faster cooking time and versatility. It’s the best air fryer if you have a small family, and will not take up too much space in your kitchen.