Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
A good cookware set can be one of the very best kitchen purchases you’ll ever make, lasting you for decades. The initial cost can sometimes be a little heavy, but it’s worth it for high-quality materials and stellar performance.
That’s why we are taking a deep peer at the All-Clad D5 10-piece brushed stainless steel cookware set here today. This is a great set if you’re serious about laying down some cash for a cookware set to last, perform, and truly serve you well for a lifetime.
We’ll then take a little look at what else is available from the All-Clad D5 line.
All-Clad BD005710-R D5 Brushed 18/10 Stainless Steel 5-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set, 10-Piece
What does it look like?
At first look, you know this is a high-quality cookware set which doesn’t mess around. There are 6 cookware items and 4 lids, each made from stainless steel with brushed exteriors.
The lids and handles have a glossy, high-shine finish. There are no extra colors or bold features to take away from the solid silver aesthetic.
What do you get?
- 8-inch fry pan
- 10-inch fry pan
- 5-quart saucepan with lid
- 3-quart saucepan with lid
- 8-quart stock pot with lid
- 3-quart saute pan with lid
What’s it made of?
Each piece in this set is made with a 5-ply layered construction of 18/10 stainless steel and aluminum.
The order of layers is: stainless steel outer, aluminum, stainless steel core, aluminum, stainless steel interior cooking surface. 18/10 stainless steel is great because it has a high nickel content (10%) which makes for a rust-resistant, high-shine finish for years to come.
Stainless steel alone isn’t a great heat conductor, but when it’s sandwiched together with aluminum, the effect is fantastic. Stainless steel is durable, scratch-resistant and safe to cook on. Aluminum conducts heat thoroughly and evenly. Put the two together and you’ve got a great cookware team.
What are the special features?
Aside from the quality materials, there are a few subtle yet very helpful extra features to note.
- Helper handles: the 3-quart saute pan, 8-quart stockpot and 3-quart saucepans all have helper handles on the opposing sides of the main long handle. These are super handy for when you are transferring the cookware in and out of the oven. You can get a safe and strong two-hand grip on the hot cookware and reduce the risk of dropping or spilling
- Riveted handles: the long handles are riveted to the main body of the pan so you never have to worry about a wobbly handle or breakages over time
- Oven safe: yes, you can use these cookware pieces in the oven, up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Always a good feature, as you can use your dishes on multiple heat sources without transferring the food and creating extra mess
- Curved rims: all pieces have rims which curve gently outward. This allows for mess-free pouring
- Set includes: 8 & 10-inch fry pan, 1.5 & 3-quart sauce pan w/ lid, 3-quart sauté pan, and 8qt stock pot
- 5-ply bonded construction with alternating layers of stainless steel and aluminum for warp-free durability and supremely even heating that eliminates hotspots
- For an added touch of refinement, it features a beautiful and easy to maintain brushed finish and fitted, stainless-steel lids
- Compatible with all cooktops and optimized performance for induction tops - also oven/broiler-safe up to 600°F
- Heat-resistant stainless-steel handles, designed a comfortable grip and permanently secured with stainless-steel rivets, and flared rims for drip-free pouring
What cooktops does it work with?
This set works on all cooktops, including induction, thanks to the stainless steel exterior base. And as mentioned before…it’s completely oven safe.
What can I make with it?
Everything! All-Clad does specify that this set is especially great for getting a good sear or brown crust on meats. This is because the materials are very welcoming of high heats required for pan-seared meats.
The saute pan and fry pans are great for quickly frying meats and veggies, while the stock pot and saucepans are great for soups, sauces, porridge, curry…anything. You could even slow-cook a stew in the saute pan in the oven, with the lid on.
The thing you might have a little trouble with is pancakes or fish because the surfaces are not non-stick. However, with proper cooking technique and seasoning, the surfaces can become more non-stick over time.
Easy to clean?
This cookware is dishwasher safe, but it’s best to hand wash it just to preserve the quality and luster as best as possible. However, in an occasional pinch, you could pop it in the dishwasher.
Otherwise, just give it a scrub with good old dishwater and a soft brush. Avoid using hard or sharp brushes and sponges as they can cause scratches and streaky marks, and remember to thoroughly dry every piece to avoid water spots.
What else does the All-Clad D5 range include?
The D5 range from All-Clad is really extensive. There are a brushed section and a polished section for different style tastes and aesthetic preferences. Both sections have various-sized sets, as well as many individual pieces and duos.
There are some cool items such as a pasta pentola (large pot with draining vessel inside), and a chicken fryer with a screen. Everything in the D5 collection is made from stainless steel and aluminum, plus a few items with a non-stick interior surface.
Here’s a brief rundown on what you can get from the D5 range…
All-Clad D5 cookware sets
Individual All-Clad D5 frying pans and skillets
- 8, 10, (including an 8-inch non-stick fry pan).
- 9 and 11-inch French skillets with lids. No products found.
Individual All-Clad D5 saucepans
- 5, 2, 4 and 3-quart saucepans with lids. Click here
Others in the All-Clad D5 range
- Chicken fryer with screen
- French skillet with lid
- 3-quart soup pot with lid and ladle
- 5-quart dutch oven with lid
- 7-quart pasta pentola
- Non-stick fry pan (brushed silver exterior)
TheAll-Clad D5 (see here) 10-piece brushed stainless steel set is an investment for people who value stylish aesthetics, high-quality materials and a wide variety of cookware shapes and sizes.
If you like to cook at high temperatures, you require tight-fitting lids and oven-safe constructions, this could be absolutely ideal.
If you like the overall design of the All-Clad D5 10-piece set but you don’t really need the entire bundle, you can always pick up individual pieces from the wider D5 range to add to your existing collection.