Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
With everything going on in the world around us, having a bug but bag (or a BOB, as it’s sometimes called) ready is not a crazy idea. In fact, it’s great having around especially because we usually don’t expect anything to happen. In emergency situations, we all need to eat, so having the right cookware in your BOB can make a huge difference. Today, we review 5 of the best cookware sets for a bug out bag.
Table of Contents
In a hurry? This is our winner!
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST! Highest Quality Non-Toxic Anodized Aluminum Camping Cookset conducts heat quickly and is survival gear that is built to last and is perfect size for 1 youth scout or adult hiker backpacker.
- ✅ ALL-IN-ONE COOKWARE MEGA BUNDLE: The 10 Piece Camping Campfire Cookware Mess Kit includes Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Pot + Pot Cover + Nonstick Pan + 2 Bowls + Folding Stainless Steel Spork + Soup Spoon + Wooden Spoon Spatula + Cleaning Sponge + Nylon Travel Bag Drawstring Pouch.
- ✅ EASY CLEANING & STORAGE: The entire 10-piece mess kit collapses into small bundle for easy control and storage. Keep it all clean, keep it convenient
- ✅ WORRY FREE WILDERNESS: Finally enjoy the great outdoors without second guessing if you packed everything to cook and serve your next meal with the lightweight, compact, and mobile design of the Camp Kitchen Set
- ✅ PERFECT GIFT FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS: #1 Outdoor Cooking Backpacking Gear and Camping Backpack and Hiking Picnic Set for anyone looking for a high quality, great value product for the camping world or bug out bag to enjoy at the cookout with the people you love
Best Cookware Set For Bug Out Bag – Runner Up
- ★ INCREDIBLE VALUE ★ Mess kit includes 1 collapsible anodized aluminum non-stick pot with lid, 1 collapsible anodized aluminum non-stick frying pan, 2 BPA-FREE bowls, 2 stainless steel sporks, 2 silicone folding cups with lids, 1 BPA-FREE soup ladle, 1 bamboo spatula & 1 sponge for easy cleaning! All items stack together and fit into the included nylon bag for easy carrying. Weighing only 1.32 pounds this kit also saves space in your pack, see product description for dimensions.
- ★ SUPERIOR QUALITY ★ This built to last kit designed for 1-2 campers is a compact space saving cookware set that is made of the highest quality durable, non-toxic anodized aluminum. Bowls, soup ladle, sporks, cups, and spatula are BPA-FREE! This complete set has everything you need for camping, hiking, or for use with an emergency kit.
- ★ 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE ★ If you are not satisfied, we are not satisfied thats why your purchase is protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We are dedicated to providing a 5 star experience for all our customers.
- ★ SPACE SAVING ALL IN 1 KIT & GREAT 4 GIFTS ★ Our super compact, lightweight, superior quality mess kit includes everything you need for an amazing camping, beach, backpacking, backyard or hiking adventure! This kit is the best value for your money and is great for 1-2 campers or as a gift for your adventure seeking friends and family!
- ★ TODO EN 1 KIT ★ Acampar al aire libre cocinar senderismo de picnic establecer olla tazón cacerola utensilios de cocina.
Best Cookware Set For Bug Out Bag – Comparison Table
Best Cookware Set For Bug Out Bag – Reviews
The MalloMe Bug Out Bag 10 Piece Cookset contains everything one person would need to survive in a pinch when it comes to preparing food. In a pinch, it could easily be used by two people, but it was made to completely fulfill the needs of a single person. This set is also perfect for hiking, camping, and similar activities.
The set contains one large nonstick pot with a capacity of 1 liter. The pot has its own matching lid. There is also a shallow plan included that can double as a plate. The pan, the lid, and the handle are made of hard anodized aluminum. Hard anodized aluminum is probably the best material for cookware for bug out bags. It’s impact-resistant, it’s lightweight, and it works well with any kind of heat source. Hard anodized aluminum is also non-reactive, so you can rest assured that your food remains safe.
Besides these basics, the MalloMe Bug Out Bag 10 Piece Cookset also contains two plastic bowls, a soup spoon, a foldable stainless steel spork, and a wooden spatula. The plastic parts are made from food-grade BPA-free plastic.
Finally, as a nice touch, this cookware set also comes with a little cleaning sponge included. All of the pieces nest neatly into the pot and can be packed in a little drawstring bag that comes with the set.
- Perfect size for one person
- All pieces nest together neatly for storage
- Lightweight and compact
- Good value for money
- The plastic handles could be damaged if cookware is used over open fire.
Gear4U makes emergency cookware kits in 3 different sizes, but this 13-piece kit is definitely our favorite. It contains everything you need to keep two people fed – while camping, hiking, or in an emergency.
The most important part of any emergency set is the actual cookware that you use over the heat source. In his case, it’s a nice deep pot and a shallow pan (that can double as a plate in the case of need). They are both made of hard anodized aluminum, so they are lightweight, tough, and also nonstick. The handles on both the pot and the pan fold down neatly for storage. The handles have plastic grips that are great for not burning your hands, although you might want to be careful not to get them melted if you are cooking over an open fire.
Besides these, the set also includes two bowls made of BPA-free plastic, two foldable silicone cups with lids, 2 stainless steel sporks, a soup ladle, a little bamboo spatula, and a little sponge for cleaning. In short, everything you could need for cooking, eating, and cleaning up afterwards!
- Everything 2 people could need in one kit
- Everything nests together neatly for storage and transport
- Durable cookware
- Works with any kind of heat source
- Plastic handles shouldn’t be exposed to high temperatures
This set from AnimaMiracle is not just a camping cookware set. It actually contains all the little bits you might forget about but could save you in an emergency. It includes a little camping stove, an emergency blanket, a fire starter, a little multifunctional ruler that works as a knife, and a whistle with a little compass built in! Oh yea, they have also included a carabinier. All of this without mentioning the actual cookware.
Now, let’s talk about the cooking equipment. This cookware set includes a deep pot and a shallow pan, just like more others. They are made of hard anodized aluminum and quite sturdy although they are lightweight. A lid for the pot is included too. Additionally, there is a foldable soup ladle, a spork, two plastic bowls, a spatula, and a sponge.
All of the pieces pack neatly into a drawstring bag you get with the set. In short, this set contains all the necessities one could need in an emergency situation. There is no need to think about anything – just grab your bag with your AnimaMiracle set and you’re ready for anything.
- Quality cookware
- The whole set weighs only 1.5 pounds
- Packs in a compact bundle for transport and storage
- A lot of useful pieces included
- Good value for money
- Only one spork included
- Plastic handles on the pot and pan can melt
The Outdoor Anywhere 13-Piece Mess Kit has a similar composition to most other BOB cooking sets. However, it also has one small improvement that actually makes a huge difference. Namely, the handles on the pot and the pan are not made of plastic, but of heat-resistant silicone. Thanks to this little feature, these pots and pans are safe to use on any kind of heat source, including an open fire. In the case of an emergency, this might be the only option you have, so it’s definitely good to know that these pots can withstand it.
The set also includes a lid for the large pot. Thanks to clever design, the lid actually has a little collapsible handle on the top that allows you to easily lift the lid even when it’s hot.
This set is enough for 2 people. It contains one pot, one pan, one lid, a collapsible ladle, two collapsible cups, two plastic bowls, two foldable sporks, a wooden spatula and a washcloth for cleaning. All of this is packed in a nice drawstring bag made of durable oxford fabric.
- Contains all of the essentials needed for 2 people
- Functional design
- Heat-resistant silicone handles
- Collapsible handle on the lid
- Compact and lightweight
- Pouring liquids out of the pot can be a little awkward
The QuickStove Portable Emergency Cook Kit is more like old-school survival cooking sets that used to be around years ago. It includes a sturdy pot made of stainless steel that holds 7 cups of water. The pot also has a stainless steel lid that can be used as a stand-alone frying pan or a plate. If you place the lid upside-down under the pot, you can use it as a double-boiler.
The handle on the pot is also made of stainless steel. It folds down for storage and it securely holds the lid in place. Inside the pot, you’ll find a little stove and two QuickStove fire starters that can serve as a source of heat in an emergency.
The stove weighs less than a pound, but this doesn’t mean it’s flimsy. It’s made of aluminized steel – a material that is as hard as steel but conducts heat better. The stove has three positions to accommodate for smaller cups as well as large pots.
Since the cookware is made of stainless steel, this cookset is a little heavier than the competitors. However, the cookware is much more durable. You can have this lying around packed for years, and it will still be fine when you use it.
- Durable stainless steel cookware
- Includes a portable stove
- Includes 2 QuickStove fire starters
- Made in USA
- Heavier than other emergency sets
- No utensils
Best Cookware Set For Bug Out Bag – Buyers Guide
The cookware that you use for your bug out kit should not be the same as the cookware you use on a regular basis. One thing to consider, for a start, is that in an emergency situation, you might not have a stove to work with. A campfire could be the only option, so that’s definitely something to take into consideration. Here are the main points to consider before choosing a cookware set for your bug out bag.
The most important part of any outdoor and emergency cookware kit is obviously the pots and pans. When it comes to cookware, the material it is made of is always the first thing to consider.
Stainless steel is an old-school classic in portable cookware. Stainless steel pots and pans are easy to transport, as they are very impact-resistant. They are also compatible with any kind of heat source – no temperature is too high!
Hard anodized aluminum is more commonly used in modern portable cookware. Hard anodized aluminum conducts heat quickly and evenly. Thanks to the anodization process, it’s also very tough and doesn’t react with food. Titanium is another lightweight material that is often used in camping cookware. However, it is more expensive, and you might not want to invest that much in cookware if you don’t plan to use it that often.
One thing to pay attention to when it comes to choosing emergency pots and pans are their handles. The ends of the handles are often made of plastic. This is good because they remain cold, but they might melt over an open fire. A good alternative to plastic when it comes to handles is silicone, featured in the Outdoor Anywhere 13-Piece Mess Kit. You can also find handles completely made of metal, like in the QuickStove Portable Emergency Cook Kit.
Your bug out bag might be laying around for years without having to be used. After all, that’s what we all hope for. For this reason, it’s a good idea to look for durable cookware that can survive years in storage. Look for corrosion-resistant materials like stainless steel and hard anodized aluminum.
The BOB needs to be easily portable. While it would be nice to have lots of nice cookware in there, that’s not really going to work. Cookware sets for bug out bags need to be lightweight. That means it should contain only the essentials. Aluminum is lighter than stainless steel, so that’s something to keep in mind.
Besides pots and pans, emergency cookware sets contain a variety of additions. Most of them contain plastic bowls and cups as well as some kind of cooking utensils. Some of these cooksets, like the QuickStove Portable Emergency Cook Kit, also contain a portable stove and everything you need to start a fire, which could be really useful.
Some go even further. The AnimaMiracle Camping Cookware Set doesn’t only contain a portable stove, but also an emergency blanket and a couple of useful but lightweight tools.
Functionality is everything when choosing a cookware set for your bug out bag. You don’t want to have too many items, but you still want to have everything you need in there. It’s also nice if the set nests neatly together, so you can easily grab it and take it with you in a rush. The MalloMe Bug Out Bag 10 Piece Cookset is a perfect set that contains everything you need for one person. It also comes at a very reasonable price. On the other hand, the gear4U 13-Piece Camping Cookware Kit is made to support two people, which might be more practical. Whatever you choose, we hope this guide has helped!