Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Heading off to college is an exciting new chapter for any student. But often, that excitement can lead to taking stuff you don’t actually need, especially when it comes to cookware sets.
Thinking about kitchen gadgets and tools is essential, whether you’ll live in an apartment or move straight into a dorm. Packing for your first year in college is quite daunting. However, having the right cookware set can help you along the way.
Table of Contents
- What To Look For
- Things To Keep In Mind
- Which Is Better, Nonstick Or Stainless Steel?
- Final Thoughts
Buying in bulk or sets does pay off over time. And the same goes in terms of kitchenware, especially if you’re a student on a tight budget. The most important thing to remember here is to find affordable products with the best possible quality. Nonetheless, that’s not easy these days.
So to help you survive college life with a full stomach and a happy wallet here’s a list of the best cookware set for college students.
In a hurry? This is our winner!
- Set includes: 7.75 inch Frypan, 11 inch Frypan, 10.25 inch Griddle, 1 quart Saucepan with lid, 1 quart Saucepan with lid, 5.5 quart Dutch Oven with lid, solid spoon, slotted spoon and slotted spatula.
- Easy Release and Clean Up: Superior ProGlide Non-stick interior ensures food slides smoothly, making cooking easier and cleanup a breeze.
- Thermo-Spot Technology: Take the guesswork out of cooking with our unique heat indicator that turns solid red when pans are properly preheated.
- Versatile Design: Experience the convenience of a dishwasher and oven safe (up to 350°F) design and cookware compatible with all cooktops (except induction). Riveted handles offer a comfortable grip while the vented glass lid maintains visibility while trapping heat and moisture.
- Superior Heat Distribution: Even heat base ensures optimal heat distribution, reducing hot spots and ensuring consistent results every time. Achieve perfectly cooked meals that are evenly seared, browned, or simmered to perfection. Limited lifetime warranty.
Best Cookware Set For College Students – Runner Up
- 15-piece cookware set includes 8-inch fry pan, 10-inch fry pan, 1.5-quart saucepan with lid, 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart casserole pan with lid, 5-quart casserole pan with lid, and 5-piece utensil set with pasta server, soup ladle, slotted turner, serving spoon, and slotted serving spoon
- Nonstick coating for easy cooking and cleaning; BPA-free
- Soft-touch handles stay comfortably cool during use
- Spiral bottom heats evenly; compatible with all cooktops, except for induction
- Hand wash only
Best Cookware Set For College Students – Comparison Table
Best Cookware Set For College Students – Reviews
When it comes to quality kitchenware, T-Fal is one of the names that come to mind. The company has been providing cooks with high-performing yet user-friendly cookware. This allows you to craft the dishes you want while saving precious time.
The T-Fal Signature Nonstick Cookware Set stays true to the brand’s goal of making the lives of busy cooking individuals easier. This beautiful kitchenware kit comprises of fry pans, saucepans with lids, dutch oven with lid, and griddle. The utensils that come with it includes a spoon, slotted spatula, and ladle.
What makes the collection the best cookware set for college students is its many attractive features. First is the exclusive Thermo-Spot Technology, where the handy indicator will show when your pan has the perfect temperature for cooking.
Secondly, it’s interior is designed with ProGlide nonstick making it durable and scratch-resistant. Thereby, you can expect your cooking tool to stand up to frequent use.
Another thing you’ll love these nonstick pots and pans set is their ergonomic design handles. And not only that, but they’re also heat-resistant and provides a secure and comfortable grip. The handles can withstand temperatures up to 350F as well. Hence the cookware set is safe for oven use.
With that said, the T-Fal pots and pans set are a bit pricier, but it’s worth the investment. Aside from its fantastic features, it’s safe for cooking since it free from harmful elements like lead and cadmium.
- You can use it on all types of stovetops except for induction.
- Heats evenly
- Durable nonstick surfaces
- Handles are heat-resistant
- Recyclable and free of PFOA, lead, and cadmium
- Dishwasher safe
- Some users report that the bottom nonstick coating tends to bubble and peel
- Not compatible for induction
Students need to eat nutritious food to fight the stresses of college life. And if you want to start cooking healthy dishes, this AmazonBasics nonstick cookware set is perfect for you.
This set includes fry pans, casserole pans, and saucepans to get you on your way. Plus, it also comes with utensils such as a soup ladle, pasta server, serving spoon, slotted turner, and a slotted serving spoon.
The best thing about the collection is that it has an aluminum body for durability and a nonstick coating. It means that you don’t need to use too much oil or butter, giving you the option to cook low-fat foods.
What’s more, this best cookware set for college students will prevent cooked food from sticking to the pans. Instead, you’ll be able to transfer your dishes from the pan to the platter with ease.
All pots and pans also have a spiral bottom for even heating. On the other hand, the handles are comfortable, soft to the touch, and will stay cool during school. Meanwhile, its vented lids allow steam to escape. This BPA-free cookware set is compatible with electric, glass, and gas stovetops.
- Nonstick coating for easy cooking and cleaning
- Handles are comfortable, firm, and will stay cool
- Aluminum body
- Not induction compatible
- Hand wash only and not dishwasher safe
- Some users say that it has a strong smell the first few times they use it
Aside from using quality materials, Cook N Home always puts careful thought into the design of its kitchen products. Their Nonstick Cookware Set is a representation of that and more.
This kitchenware collection combines thick gauge aluminum and nonstick coating. What does this mean? Simply put, it’ll provide you with even heat without hot spots while ensuring easy food release and cleaning. Also, you can expect your meals to be a lot healthier.
Additionally, its tempered glass lids come with a steam vent, allowing you to view the food you’re cooking. These lids also fit well on the pans. And thanks to the silicone soft-touch handles, you won’t have any trouble lifting your pots and pans. They are comfortable to grip, non-slip, and will stay cool.
The cookware set of Cook N Home works on electric, glass, gas, ceramic, halogen, and all other stovetops, except for induction. It includes saucepans with lids, casserole with lid, Dutch oven with lid, and fry pans. And to complete your cooking experience, it also comes with utensils like a spoon, pasta servers, slotted spoon, spatula, and a ladle.
- Heavy-gauge aluminum for quick and even heating
- Nonstick surface makes it easy to clean and transfer food
- Anti-slip silicone handle
- Tempered glass lids with steam vent
- Dishwasher safe
- Not induction safe
- According to some users, the nonstick coating scratches off easily
Best Cookware Set For College Students – Buyers Guide
What To Look For
Kitchenware companies try their best to anticipate the needs of consumers. They do this by providing their cookware set with small to large size pots and pans.
Before searching for the best cookware set to accompany you throughout your college life, there are things you need to consider. If you’ll only cook for yourself, go for a smaller one. But if you’re planning to make meals for your new friends, opt for medium to large cookware.
Additionally, think of the dishes that you love or usually cook. Do you plan on cooking mostly soups, or are you a big fan of pasta, omelets, and stir-fries? Your answer to this will determine which types of cookware should be in the set.
At the end of the day, it’s ideal to look for those that come with at least a large stockpot, a couple of saucepans, frypan, and skillet pan. Features like being oven and dishwasher safe are just a bonus.
Things To Keep In Mind
Here are some things you need to remember before purchasing cookware set youâ€™re eyeing:
- Consider your space. If you live in a college dorm room, it’s vital to consider how much space you have. For this reason, look for a cookware set that nests or those you can stack and will not eat up too much space. It’s also helpful when packing, and your car is already bursting full.
- Check out the rules. Most colleges have safety policies and rules about kitchenware and appliances. Make sure to check and follow them to avoid wasting your money.
- Find out what are the things available. A lot of college dorms have kitchen furnished with basic items like a microwave, an oven, a refrigerator, as well as pots and pans. Nonetheless, it’s also a good idea to have your own cookware set. This will ensure that you’ll have something to use when everything in the kitchen is being used by other students.
Which Is Better, Nonstick Or Stainless Steel?
This will also depend on your style of cooking. Stainless steel cookware is perfect for searing meats. Also, they tend to be more durable than nonstick types. However, it’s easier to cook on nonstick cookware. It has fewer hotspots, and the surface allows easy cleaning. And what makes nonstick cookware set attractive for college students is its price. It’s a low-cost investment, which you can upgrade in the future.
The best cookware set for college students includes necessary pots and pans that can help you go through college life in a full stomach. They won’t put a dent on your budget and are ideal for beginner cooks and those with culinary prowess.