Some people love to wake up to the smell of bacon cooking. It can permeate the whole house and make you get out of bed. It is a traditional breakfast food that has a delicious flavor and a definite crunch. It tastes great in a home-made and warm roll. However, you need to make sure that you are using the right pan for the job. After all, you don’t want to have your bacon sticking to the pan. In this article, I will give you our top choices of pans that will give you the best bacon for your breakfast.
In a hurry? This is our winner!
T-fal E83407 Pre-Seasoned Nonstick Durable Cast Iron Skillet / Fry pan Cookware, 12-Inch, Black -...
- Dress up grilled steak; fish and veggies with authentic restaurant stripes which is perfect for browning; searing; flying and saut?Ing
- Large; extra long handle with easy to grip side helper handles and signature thumb rest for easy handling
- Comes pre seasoned for first use and includes step by step instructions for seasoning case
- Heats evenly and consistently, as cast iron is the best material for heat retention and distribution; oven safe up to 600 degree fahrenheit and is pfoa free and cadmium free
- Pouring spouts allow for controlled transfer of contents
Last update on 2020-07-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Frying Pan for Bacon – Runner Up
Sale Circulon 89217 Acclaim Hard Anodized Nonstick Frying Pan Set / Fry Pan Set / Hard Anodized Skillet...
- HEAVY-DUTY HARD ANODIZED FRYING PANS: The frying pans heavy-duty hard-anodized construction provides long lasting durability and promotes even heat distribution for reliable, top-quality cooking results
- PREMIUM NONSTICK COOKWARE: Frypans boast the TOTAL Food Release System of premium nonstick on raised circles for superior cooking release and effortless cleanup
- STURDY, DUAL-RIVETED HANDLES: The nonstick frying pans stainless steel handles are dual-riveted for added strength and rubberized for comfort
- HIGH HEAT PERFORMANCE: Oven safe to 400°F, this fry pan set makes a great addition to many other pieces in the Circulon collections
- SET INCLUDES: 8-Inch Frying Pan, 10-Inch Frying Pan, and 11-Inch Frying Pan
Last update on 2020-04-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Frying Pan for Bacon – Comparison Table
Last update on 2020-07-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Frying Pan for Bacon – Reviews
Cast iron is an excellent choice for cooking bacon because it has been pre-seasoned. Pre-seasoning makes it nonstick and it’s ready for use as soon as you get it. All you have to do is wash it with water after use and put a little oil on it. The taste of the bacon will get even better the more you use the pan.
Cast iron is the best material for heat retention so your bacon won’t go cold while you are cooking the rest of the breakfast. It also heats evenly meaning that you will have perfectly cooked bacon.
This frying pan is suitable for all types of cookers; gas, electric, ceramic glass, and even an induction hob. In fact, only cast iron and stainless steel are suitable for an induction hob.
To make life easier, this frying pan has an extra-long handle, a thumb rest and a side handle which makes it much easier to get take the pan off the hob. Also, there are pouring spouts. It can be used with any type of metal utensil.
- Heats evenly
- Retains heat even after you have switched the hob off
- Comes pre-seasoned
- Suitable for all hobs including induction
- Some customers have complained that the surface is rough
- A few customers have said that it scratched their glass hob
Another material that is good for cooking bacon is hard anodized aluminum. It’s durable, but also lightweight, it’s inexpensive and it doesn’t give your food a metallic taste.
This 3-pan set is great value for money. You get 3 pans of various sizes; 8”, 10” and 11”. If there’s just two of you, you can use the smallest pan. If you have a houseful, you can use all the pans.
These pans are nonstick and have even heat distribution. Your bacon will be cooked at the same heat and you won’t get one end crispy and the other undercooked. They are oven-safe up to a heat of 400 degrees F so you can put the bacon in the oven on a low heat to keep it warm.
The handles of all the pans are strong and have double rivets. In addition, they are rubberized so they are comfortable to hold.
Because the pans are non-stick, they resist abrasion and they are also difficult to scratch, chip or scratch.
These pans are suitable for all stovetops except for induction hobs. You need cast iron or stainless steel for these hobs.
- Cooks food evenly
- You don’t get a metallic taste as you can do with plain aluminum
- Comes in a set of 3
- Can’t be used on an induction hob
- Some people have complained that while the pans are light, the handles aren’t so the food tip towards the handles
This frying pan is made of diecast aluminum which is as strong as cast iron, so it is stronger than plain aluminum. It won’t warp and it can be used with any types of utensils including metal.
The pan has a peel-resistant 3-layer marble based non-stick coating so you can rest assured that your bacon won’t stick to the pan. It also distributes heat equally meaning that your bacon will be cooked to your preference.
The WaxonWare pan can be used on all hobs, even induction because it has an induction bottom.
The handles are strong as they are riveted, and they also stay cool while the pan is being used. They have been designed in a way that you can grip them safely.
The pan is easy to clean. All you have to do is wash it with tap water after it has cooled down. Leave for 5 minutes and then use a soft sponge to clean it.
- Compatible with all hobs because it has an induction bottom
- Durable and anti-warp
- Easy to clean
- Cooks evenly
- A few people have complained that the non-stick surface bubbled up
- Can best be used on a low or medium setting and not on a high heat
Best Frying Pan for Bacon – Buyers Guide
You may be a little overwhelmed by the choices of frying pans out there. Which material should you buy for a start? We’ll tell you a little more about which materials we think are best.
Cast iron is very durable and can heat to a high level if required. It also distributes heat evenly. It can be used on any stovetop and even on a campfire. Just think how delicious that bacon will be while you are out in the wilds. Cast iron is a little heavy, but you should get used to that in time.
Enameled Cast Iron
This is durable as well, but unlike plain cast iron, it doesn’t need to be seasoned. However, the enamel is non-stick. It distributes heat evenly and also retains heat so you can leave your bacon for a little while if you haven’t finished cooking the other parts of the meal.
Die-cast aluminum is non-stick and offers consistent heat distribution. It requires little maintenance, i.e. it doesn’t have to be seasoned, and it is lighter than cast iron.
This type of material is good for cooking bacon as it can withstand the heat without warping. It is also sturdy enough not to become damaged with continual use.
Cooking bacon can produce a lot of grease in your frying pan so you will need to think about cleaning the pan. If you get a non-stick pan, this won’t be a problem as non-stick surfaces don’t bind to grease. If you just wash it down with warm water, that should do the trick. Don’t use a rough scrubbing brush to clean it as it could scratch the surface.
Considering everything that we have said, we still think that our top pick is the best for cooking bacon. The pan is durable and will last for many years of use. It will heat your bacon evenly and you can adjust the heat from low to high depending on whether you like your bacon soft or crispy. Pre-seasoned pans are probably the best and they get better each time you season them. Some people think that this is a lot of work, but it isn’t. All you have to do after you have washed your pan is rub a little oil onto it.
We hope that this article has given you food for thought and that you will choose one of the products that we recommend. If you do, you should get perfect bacon that the whole family will enjoy.