Table of Contents
- 1 Best Lightweight Pans for Disabled
- 2 Eazigrip 2355 1.5-Qt. Stainless Steel Non Stick Covered Saucepan with Lid
- 3 Gibson Home 64583.01 Hummington 10-Inch Ceramic Non-Stick Fry Pan
- 4 Best Ceramic Frying Pans
- 5 CONCORD 10.5″ Ceramic Coated Non Stick Frying Pan
- 6 GreenLife Soft Grip Ceramic Non-Stick 7″ and 10″ Open Frypan Set
- 7 Guy Fieri Cast Iron 12-Inch Fry Pan
- 8 Copper Chef 10 Inch Round Frying Pan – Skillet with Ceramic Non Stick Coating
- 9 Final Thoughts
Best Lightweight Pans for Disabled
Having the right kitchen equipment can make a huge difference to anyone who is physically challenged and unable to handle heavy cookware. There is no need to worry, though, when pots and pans seem to heavy. There is always a solution! These are some of our favorite lightweight pans that are suitable for the elderly and the disabled.
See also our ‘Lightweight saucepans for weak wrists” review article.
Eazigrip 2355 1.5-Qt. Stainless Steel Non Stick Covered Saucepan with Lid
- LIGHTWEIGHT 1.5 quart non stick stainless steel saucepan with ergonomically designed handle and tempered glass lid with colander
- ANGLED HANDLE with silicone comfort grip reduces strain on wrist and hand and improves control
- ALUMINUM clad high impact bonded base for even heat distribution
- STAINLESS STEEL BASE plate for use on gas, electric, and induction; Dishwasher safe
- 6" Diameter
Stainless steel pans have many advantages. They are non-reactive, durable, impact-resistant, and often dishwasher safe. However, stainless steel cookware can be quite heavy too. If you are looking for lightweight cookware, this can be a problem, but not with this Eazigrip saucepan. It is still the heaviest pan on our list, but at 2.3 pounds it’s quite manageable.
Moreover, it is not just about weight. The feature that makes Eazigrip pans stand out is the ergonomically designed handle. It really makes holding and balancing the pot many times easier. It’s also designed in such a way that you can literally do anything using only one hand.
Thanks to the comfortable silicone grip on the handle, the pot will never slip, and the straining lid makes straining a breeze! Finally, this pot is compatible with all kinds of stovetops, dishwasher- safe, and oven-safe. What more could you ask for?
Gibson Home 64583.01 Hummington 10-Inch Ceramic Non-Stick Fry Pan
- 10-Inch Fry Pan
- Bakelite handle stays cool, Dishwasher-safe, Green color ceramic nonstick
- Ceramic non-stick coating is a healthy and eco friendly way to cook
- Ideal for an aray of cooking for all types of stovetypes
- Material: 2.5mm Aluminum
Pans from the Hummington Collection by Gibson Home are quite sturdy, but also exceptionally lightweight. This 10-inch pan is made of aluminum with a ceramic non-stick coating on the inside. The aluminum ensures even heat distribution and fast heating while also keeping the pan light.
On the other hand, the ceramic non-stick coating doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals and makes healthy cooking much easier. The handle is made of bakelite so it remains cold on the stovetop. It’s quite wide and comfortable so handling this pan shouldn’t be a problem for anyone.
Best Ceramic Frying Pans
Read our review on the Top 5 best ceramic frying pans.
CONCORD 10.5″ Ceramic Coated Non Stick Frying Pan
- 10.5" Ceramic Coated Non Stick Frying Pan
- These fry pans are made with beautiful pearl white ceramic nonstick coating
- Ceramic coating is a healthy and eco friendly way to cook with non stick
- Red exterior with red heat resistant silicon handles
- No PTFE & PFOA chemicals used. 100% healthy. Riveted handles
This ceramic-coated non-stick frying pan from Concord is lightweight and comfortable to hold. As most of the lightweight pans on our list, it is made of aluminum with a non-stick coating. No harmful chemicals are used in this coating though, so there is no need to worry about the safety of your food.
The beautiful red exterior gives this pan a retro look while the white interior lets you keep track of your cooking. Most importantly, this pan comes with a silicone handle which is heat-resistant, slip-resistant and provides a secure grip.
If you are looking for an affordable lightweight pan that will do its job well, this might be the one.
GreenLife Soft Grip Ceramic Non-Stick 7″ and 10″ Open Frypan Set
- Thermolon healthy ceramic non-stick coating manufactured without PFAS and PFOA
- Aluminum reinforced body without lead and cadmium
- Stay-cool Bakelite handle with soft-touch and oven safe up to 350°F
- Dishwasher safe
This beautiful pan set from GreenLife is one of the lightest on our list. The set has two pans 7 inches and 10 inches wide, which is a great size. Having a pair of frying pans gives plenty of options depending on the size of the ingredients or how many people you are serving.
The GreenLife Soft Grip Ceramic Non-Stick 7″ and 10″ Open Frypan Set has an aluminum body which allows it to be so light.
However, what makes it stand out among others is the attention GreenLife puts into their non-stick coating. The coating they use is a ceramic non-stick solution that is completely safe to use.
Their coating is called Thermolon and GreenLife was actually the first company to introduce such coating. Besides being safe, this coating is super easy to clean and able to withstand moderately high temperatures.
This pan is even oven-safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and you it’s dishwasher-safe which is not always the case with non-stick cookware. GreenLife cookware also makes a wonderful gift since you can choose between three delightful colors – turquoise, burgundy, and classic black.
Guy Fieri Cast Iron 12-Inch Fry Pan
- This fry pan is constructed of durable cast iron coated in enamel, which provides the best attributes of traditional cast iron, but at 50% less weight.
- It will absorb heat evenly and spread it gently, for excellent heat retention without hot spots while cooking.
- Features a pre-seasoned interior suitable for browning and searing, while the porcelain enameled exterior allows for fast, easy clean up.
- Oven safe up to 400 degrees F and compatible with all heat sources including gas, electric, induction and ceramic top ranges.
- This product is not dishwasher safe. Hand washing is recommended.
Who said cast iron needs to be heavy? This 12-inch pan from Guy Fieri combines the best features of cast iron with lightness! It is actually made of a combination of cast iron and porcelain enamel and it weighs 2 pounds total. What we love most about this pan is that it really does feel like cast iron.
It provides even heating without hotspots and it absorbs and retains heat quite well. The inside is pre-seasoned, so there is nothing to worry about there.
You can use the pan for searing and browning right out of the box! It is also compatible with induction stoves. The only slight downside is that you can’t wash it in the dishwasher.
Copper Chef 10 Inch Round Frying Pan – Skillet with Ceramic Non Stick Coating
- DURABLE ROUND FRYING PAN: The 10 inch Copper Chef skillet with glass lid is made of aluminum and non-stick ceramic material. The quality core provides high durability so that the saute pan can be used for extended periods of cook time. The non stick surface is very slick, so food doesn't stick while cooking steaks, broiling fish, frying meat, bacon, eggs, omelets, bake chicken, desserts, or whip cream.
- OVEN SAFE: The nonstick ceramic skillets is heat resistant up to 850 F. Allowing transition from stovetop to oven in one pan. Sear a pork chop on your stovetop, then bake to your desired degree of doneness, all from the same pan. Sturdy helper handle on 10inch pan makes transporting your pot a cinch! Less cook time, less mess. The ergonomically shaped metal handles on the pan may become hot, so always exercise caution when using.
- NON-STICK BOTTOM: The 10" frypan is coated and will not oxidize, or tarnish like traditional copper pans that need frequent polishing. The saucepan can be used on an open fire, electric induction and grill. There is no need to add extra butter, grease, or oil. For added flavor, season the cooking surface with natural oils such as olive, canola, or peanut oil.
- TEMPERED GLASS LID. The beautiful glass lid allows you to keep an eye on your cooking, without losing heat. The lid provides faster cooking results by keeping foods hot. With thermal shock resistant technology, there is no fear of shattering, and the ultra-durable design increases performance level.
The Copper Chef 10 Inch Round Frying Pan is definitely the most beautiful pan on this list. However, it’s not only good-looking, but it’s also one of the lightest pans you can find, weight only 1 pound.
You really can’t go much lighter than that with a full-sized 10-inch pan. It’s an aluminum-core pan with a non-stick coating, and it’s also one of the sturdiest pans of this kind we could find.
Furthermore, unlike some other non-stick coatings, the coating on this pan is highly heat-resistant since it can stand temperatures up to 850 degrees Fahrenheit. Since the pan is also oven-safe, the cooking flexibility you get is unlimited.
It also includes a glass lid for safer and more convenient cooking. The only slight downside is the handle – which is made of metal and might get hot on the stovetop. However, this problem is easily solvable with a silicone handle cover.
When looking for a lightweight pan, the material makes all the difference in the world. In this regard, aluminum pans with non-stick coating are generally the lightest and the best choice.
However, it’s also possible to find pans from different materials that are designed specifically to put less strain to the wrist and hands, like the Eazigrip 2355 1.5-Qt. Stainless Steel Non-Stick Covered Saucepan with Lid.
On that note, it’s also important to look for larger handles that provide a secure grip.