Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
When it comes to kitchen essentials, a nice small pan for boiling milk is always a must-have. Even though these pans are simple, this doesn’t mean it’s easy to choose which one to get.
Indeed, there are many options out there, and it can be hard to know which one is worth the investment. We have checked out all of the most popular saucepans available in order to find out which one is the best for boiling milk.
We have come up with this list of four great saucepans. Look through our reviews and we believe you’ll certainly find one that you like.Invalid table id.
Cuisinart 719-18P Chef’s Classic Stainless 2-Quart Saucepan with Cover
Cuisinart is a brand of cookware and kitchen appliances known for making functional and easy-to-use products.
The Cuisinart 719-18P Chef’s Classic Stainless 2-Quart Saucepan with Cover is just that – a perfect little saucepan for boiling milk and much more. The pan is made of stainless steel which makes it durable and dishwasher-safe.
It also features an encapsulated aluminum base that ensures even heating. It has a long handle that’s made of stainless steel too. Thanks to the clever design, the handle will remain cool on the stovetop.
The capacity of the pan is two quarts. Therefore, it’s not too big, but also provides ample room for warming up a reasonable amount of milk. The saucepan is complemented by a nice straining lid.
The lid itself is made of tempered glass with a stainless steel rim and a comfortable stainless steel handle on top. Overall, it’s the perfect pan for boiling milk – simple yet functional.
- Straining Lid and Pour Spout on Rim for Easy Draining
- 18/10 Mirror-Finish Stainless Steel Interior and Exterior
- Cool Grip Handle
- Aluminum Encapsulated Base for Optimal Heating
- Dishwasher Safe for Effortless Cleaning
Calphalon Classic Nonstick Sauce Pan with Cover
This Calphalon pan features heavy-gauge aluminum construction with a hard-anodized finish and a dual-layer non-stick surface. The shape of the pan is perfect for boiling milk – the saucepan is quite deep, with straight sides, and a pouring spout which is a nice addition.
Furthermore, there are measuring marks on the inside which can be quite useful too. This pan also features a long handle made of brushed stainless steel with a hole at the end that makes it suitable for hanging. The handle is securely attached with two rivets and it remains cool on the stovetop.
This nice little milk pan also comes with a convenient straining lid. The lid itself is made of tempered glass, but it has an extended stainless steel rim around the sides. Turn the lid on one side and you can strain liquids right through the pouring spout, or turn it to the other side to lock in moisture.
- Dual-layer nonstick for easy food release, and quick cleanup
- Convenient measuring marks, pour spouts & straining lids 3
- Durable hard-anodized aluminum construction
- Cast stay-cool stainless steel long handle
- Tempered glass lids
Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Covered Straining Saucepan
This saucepan from Farberware is another timeless classic that works great for boiling milk. The saucepan itself is made of stainless steel. As you might know, stainless steel is unmatched in durability and impact-resistance.
Thanks to the stainless steel cooking surface, this pan is dishwasher-safe. Also, in case you accidentally burn your milk, you can soak this pan as much as you like and scrub it even with steel wool – nothing will damage it.
This Farberware saucepan also has a layer of aluminum at the base sandwiched between the layers of stainless steel, ensuring even heating and better response to heat. This saucepan also features a pouring spout, which is always nice when it comes to heating up liquids.
Besides the pouring spout, this pan also has rolled rims that ensure dripless pouring every time. The Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Covered Straining Saucepan also comes with a stainless steel straining lid and a phenolic handle that remains cool on the stovetop.
Finally, Farberware will give you a limited lifetime warranty on this product.
- SAUCEPAN WITH STRAINING LID AND POUR SPOUT: 1-Quart Straining Saucepan with Lid with Pour Spouts eliminates the need for a colander
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL PAN: A full cap base on the straining saucepan featuring a thick aluminum core surrounded by stainless steel provides rapid, even heating
- VERSATILE HEAT LOCKING LID: Self-basting lid can be rotated to strain liquids or positioned to seal in heat and flavor
- OVEN SAFE: Saucepan with straining lid is oven safe to 350 degrees F for stove to oven recipes
- EASY CLEANING SAUCEPAN: Straining saucepan is dishwasher safe for fast cleanup
AVACRAFT Stainless Steel Saucepan with Glass Lid
This stainless steel saucepan from Avacraft is another great option for heating up milk and other liquids. Thanks to the stainless steel construction, you can rest assured that this pan will last for ages.
As you might know, stainless steel by itself is not the best conductor of heat, but this pan does have an aluminum base that ensures fast and even heating.
What makes this saucepan from Avacraft stand out is the fact that it has pouring spouts on both sides.
The pouring spouts are usually made for right-handed people, just like everything else, so if you are left-handed you’ll probably find the pouring spout on the other side quite enjoyable to use.
The handle on this pan is ergonomically designed which makes it quite comfortable. Furthermore, there is another nice feature on this pan – it has measurement marks on the inside both in liters and quarts, so you’ll always know exactly how much liquid you are putting in.
The saucepan also comes with a tempered glass straining lid. Finally, this saucepan comes in different sizes – 1.5. quarts, 2.5 quarts, and 3.5 quarts, so you can choose the one that fits your needs perfectly.
- 18/10 FOOD GRADE STAINLESS STEEL SAUCEPAN: 2.5 QT saucepan with strainer glass lid. Special matte finish inside to prevent scratches over time and mirror finish outside for shiny and stylish look. Easy to read measurement marks inside. Your best saucepan with lid & a cooking pot.
- All-IN-ONE FUNCTION: Shatterproof glass cover with straining holes on both sides to strain pasta, noodles, vegetables & more. No colanders needed. Pour spouts on both sides of the rim for right and left handed. Silicone lid handle for safety! Best cooking pots with lids.
- EVEN HEAT DISTRIBUTION: Specially constructed 5-ply stainless steel base with multi-clad construction avoids heat spots and distributes heat evenly, saving energy! Long & large ergonomic handle. Keeps handle cool stainless steel pot is hot. Induction pots and pans.
- BEST QUALITY, EASY TO CLEAN AND DURABLE: Made only with high quality 18/10 food grade stainless steel, which is highly durable, resistant to rust, stain, corrosion or crack, and to top it, designed to look elegant in kitchen. Dishwasher, Refrigerator safe.
- GUARANTEED SATISFACTION: AVACRAFT is the most trusted emerging woman owned small business! At AVACRAFT, we’ve always got your back! Buy the best, lifetime guarantee for the product bought from AVACRAFT with 100% refund!
What is the best pan for boiling milk? While this may seem like an easy decision, there are a couple of features you should pay attention to. First of all, consider the size of the saucepan that you need.
Do you usually boil small or large amounts of milk? If you are not sure, a 2-quart saucepan, like the Cuisinart 719-18P Chef’s Classic Stainless 2-Quart Saucepan with Cover is usually a safe choice.
Moreover, pouring spouts always make life easier if you are using your saucepan to heat up any kind of liquid. This is why all of the saucepans on our list have pouring spouts. However, if you are left-handed, you might find that it feels like the pouring spout is on the wrong side.
If this is the case, the AVACRAFT Stainless Steel Saucepan with Glass Lid might be a good choice as it has pouring spouts on both sides. In any case, you can hardly go wrong with any of these four saucepans if you are looking for a pan for boiling milk!