Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Do you love crepes, but when you try to make them at home they never turn out right? Have you experimented with different batter recipes, but still no success?
Well, while it’s normal for the first crepe to turn out badly, if none of them are good there is a good chance you might be using the wrong pan.
What you really need to make perfect crepes is the right temperature and a flat, shallow pan. So what is the best pan for making crepes? Well, there are a couple of options that work quite well, and these are our top picks.Invalid table id.
Cuisinart 623-24 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 10-Inch Crepe Pan
This pan from Cuisinart was designed specifically for making crepes, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it has all of the necessary features.
The pan is completely flat, with raised tapered sides that prevent any dripping. Moreover, this amazing crepe pan is made of hard anodized aluminum. What this means is that this pan is quite lightweight, but at the same time sturdy and impact resistant, which is very important in this case because you want your pan to stay completely flat.
The external hard anodized surface is non-porous and non-reactive, which makes it easy to clean. On the other hand, the cooking surface is covered with Quantanium.
Don’t be confused by this strange word though – Quantanium is Cuisinart’s patented non-stick coating, reinforced with titanium for extra durability.
Finally, the pan is also equipped with a double-riveted stainless steel handle that remains cool on the stovetop. The only downside is that this pan doesn’t work with induction cooktops, but if you are using any other heat source, this is a perfect crepe pan-durable, well-made, and affordable!
- The hard anodized exterior is dense, nonporous, and highly wear-resistant for extra durability and professional performance.
- Quantanium interior, a patented nonstick cooking surface reinforced with titanium, provides healthful nonfat cooking options and easy clean up
- Solid stainless steel riveted handles stay cool on the stovetop: provide a safe and solid grip
- Tapered rim eliminates drips while pouring
- Oven safe to 500 F. This pan is not induction ready.
Cook N Home 10.25-Inch Nonstick Heavy Gauge Crepe Pancake Pan Griddle, 26cm, Black
This crepe pan is one of the most popular products from the Cook N Home brand. There are good reasons for this – it is a simple, affordable pan that performs amazingly well when used for making crepes.
The body of the pan is made of aluminum, so the pan is lightweight but also capable of distributing heat evenly, without any hotspots, which is especially important when it comes to making crepes. The cooking surface is covered with a non-stick coating, so the crepes don’t stick and it’s super easy to flip them!
The diameter of this pan is 10.25 inches which are, as you might guess, the perfect size for crepes. Finally, the Cook N Home 10.25-Inch Nonstick Heavy Gauge Crepe Pancake Pan is also equipped with a nice comfortable handle that stays cool on the stovetop.
However, you should be aware that the handle is not oven-safe, although this is not really a pan that should be put in the oven. Instead, keep it on the stovetop for making crepes and pancakes, and they will always turn out perfect.
- Made of aluminum that provides even heat conduction and prevents hot spots
- Has a nonstick coating that makes flipping crepes/food release/cleaning easy
- Handle is comfortable and stays cool; Lightweight for control and plating
- Works on gas, electric, halogen, ceramic, etc.; Not Induction and oven safe
- Measures: 10.25 in. diameter, 18 in. length, 8.5 in. cooking surface, and 1.5 lb
Lodge 10.5 Inch Cast Iron Griddle. Pre-seasoned Round Cast Iron Pan Perfect for Pancakes, Pizzas, and Quesadillas.
Lodge has been making cast iron cookware for more than a century, so it is really a company you can trust.
If you are used to making crepes in a non-stick pan, let us assure you right away -cast iron works just as well for making crepes, if not better! After all, crepes have been around for much longer than non-stick pans.
Back in the old days they were made in cast iron pans. As opposed to regular cast iron skillets – this pan is made in the exact shape of a crepe pan – it’s completely flat, with the sides slightly raised at the edges. It is also just the right size, measuring 10.25 inches in diameter. But won’t the crepes stick to the cast iron? Actually, no.
The Lodge Cast Iron Crepe Pan/Griddle comes pre-seasoned with natural oils right out of the box. The seasoning is quite close to non-stick. It does need regular maintenance, but this is really not hard to do at home. Finally, the best thing about this pan is probably its versatility.
You can use it on with any heat source, including induction cooktops and ovens, and you can also use it to make anything you might want – be it crepes, tortillas, or omelets – this pan will deliver amazing results.
- Lodge Cast Iron Griddle, Round, 10.5 Inch
- Use in the oven, on the stove, on the grill, or over a campfire. Great for induction cook-tops.
- Use to sear, sauté, bake, broil, or grill
- Item measures 15.87" x 10.5" x 1.5". Weight 4.5 lbs.
- Made in the USA
De Buyer Crepe Pan, Blue Steel, Made in France, 8-Inch Cooking Surface, 9.5-Inches Rim to Rim
When it comes to crepe pans, this beautiful piece from De Buyer might just be the best of the best.
De Buyer if one of the old-school French cookware manufacturers and this crepe pan will certainly not leave you disappointed. Crepe is a French word, after all. This pan is made of carbon steel, which has all the amazing properties of cast iron, but it’s also not as heavy.
Blue steel is actually carbon steel with a special finish that prevents oxidation, thus keeping your pan in a perfect condition for a long time. This pan is perfectly flat, with sides slightly raised.
The handle is securely attached with two rivets, and it features the specific French curve – it is raised at the front and then bends to a horizontal position. What this shape does it that it makes it easier to maneuver with the pan -making spinning the batter and flipping the pancakes as easy as possible!
- BLUE CARBON STEEL PAN - This pan is perfect for making or reheating crepes, tortillas & pancakes. Thanks to its traditional, steel-welded French handle, your hand stays away from the heat while cooking.
- NATURALLY NONSTICK - Lighter than cast iron & more heat conductive than stainless steel, this fry pan becomes naturally nonstick after seasoning—without any chemicals or synthetic coating—and gets better the more you use it.
- HOW TO USE - Follow our instructions on first use to wash off the beeswax and season the pan. Hand wash only & avoid harsh soaps and materials that will strip the seasoning. Use on low to medium heat.
- ROOTED IN FRENCH CULINARY TRADITION - We design and manufacture premium kitchen accessories, pastry equipment, and cooking utensils, continuously innovating to meet the needs of catering professionals and home cooks alike.
What is the best pan for making crepes? To be honest, we think that all of the pans on this list are great choices.
Non-stick pans like the Cuisinart 623-24 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 10-Inch Crepe Pan and the Cook N Home 10.25-Inch Nonstick Heavy Gauge Crepe Pancake Pan are lighter and heat up more quickly.
On the other hand, if you get a cast iron pan like the crepe pan from Lodge or a carbon steel one, like the De Buyer Crepe Pan you can rest assured that you got yourself a pan that will last for life!