There is a lot of talk today about fancy teapots, but the truth is – all you need for a perfect cup of tea is a saucepan and a cup. The only thing you need for a nice cup of tea is actually hot water, all the rest is about timing.
Therefore, the best saucepan for making tea is one that heats up quickly and lasts for a long time. We recommend saucepans made of stainless steel because they are the most durable. Additionally, finding one with an aluminum or copper layer on the bottom is a good idea, since they heat up more quickly and offer better heat distribution. Today, we’ll show you some of our top picks.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Saucepans For Tea Reviewed
- 1.1 1. Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Covered Straining Saucepan
- 1.2 2. Cuisinart 619-14 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 1-Quart Saucepan with Cover
- 1.3 3. Norpro 650 Krona 8 Cup Multi Pot with Straining Lid
- 1.4 4. Fosslang Stainless Steel Saucepan with Glass Cover
- 1.5 5. HIC Turkish Coffee Warmer and Butter Melting Pot, Stainless Steel, 24-Ounce Capacity
- 2 Final Thoughts
- 3 Best Stainless Steel Cookware Sets
Best Saucepans For Tea Reviewed
1. Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Covered Straining Saucepan
- Full Cap Base Advantage - stainless steel protector surrounds a thicker aluminum core for easy maintenance and better heat distribution.
- Unique straining lids and classically styled phenolic handles are oven safe up to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
- Durable stainless steel construction - dishwasher safe
- Thicker, rolled pan rims for extra durability, enhanced drip-free pouring and easy handling.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
The Farberware Classic Stainless Steel saucepan is just perfect for making tea. It’s simple, durable, and beautifully designed down to the tiniest details. Moreover, it comes at a quite reasonable price.
This saucepan is made of stainless steel with a polished exterior which makes it long lasting and impact-resistant, but it also has an aluminum core at the bottom that allows it to heat up quite quickly.
There is a spout on the top rim for dripless pouring which makes this saucepan perfect for making tea. Moreover, it comes with a straining lid so you can brew the tea directly in the pot and strain it through the lid.
The phenolic handle stays cool to the touch and it comes with a ring attached to its end, so you can hang this little pot on a hook to save space and always have it at hand. This can really come in handy if you drink tea on a regular basis.
You can choose between two sizes – 1 or 3 quarts, but the 1-quart size should be enough if you are not making tea for more than 4 people. Last but not least, The Farberware Classic Stainless Steel saucepan is dishwasher-safe and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
2. Cuisinart 619-14 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 1-Quart Saucepan with Cover
- Cuisinart Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-anodized 1-quart Saucepan
- Hard Anodized is harder than stainless steel and is dense, nonporous and highly wear-resistant for extra durability and professional performance
- Quantanium non stick interior is reinforced with titanium and provides lasting food release, healthily nonfat cooking option, and easy clean up
- Hard anodized construction has unsurpassed heat distribution that heats quickly, spreads heat evenly, and eliminates hot spots
- Cool Grip handles are solid stainless steel riveted stick handles that stay cool on the stove top and provide a safe a solid grip
Cuisinart is known for making functional cookware at reasonable prices, and they certainly didn’t let us down with this 1-quart saucepan. When it comes to making tea, this saucepan has one big advantage – it heats up really quickly.
This is because it’s made of hard anodized aluminum which also makes it light and durable. The saucepan is equipped with a long stainless steel handle which remains cool to the touch and a nice glass lid with stainless steel parts. If you’d like a slightly larger pot, you might want to consider the 1.5-quart version.
3. Norpro 650 Krona 8 Cup Multi Pot with Straining Lid
- Measures: 7.5" x 9" x 6" / 19cm x 23cm x 15cm Capacity: 8C / 1.9L
- Straining multi-pot with specially designed pour spout to drain liquid with ease
- Simply turn the lid to seal in the steam or use either the 3mm or 6mm vent/drain holes
- Has a TRI-PLY ENCAPSULATED base that incorporates 2 layers of stainless steel with an aluminum core layer
- Includes a vented glass lid and stay cool handle designed for safety, comfort and durability
This saucepan from Norpro holds 1.9 liters or two quarts of water, which is enough for 8 large cups of tea. However, it’s not wider than regular 1-quart pots, just higher, which makes it work great for making tea. Furthermore, a spout on one side and a comfortable bent handle on the other make it perfect for pouring liquids.
It’s made from stainless steel with an aluminum core layer sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel. This results in increased cooking efficiency and better heat conductivity, thanks to the properties of aluminum while the non-reactive stainless steel layer keeps your food or drinks safe and healthy.
You can use this versatile pot for anything, but it’s simply perfect for making tea thanks to the straining lid. You can turn the lid, to either lock in the steam or drain liquid through one of the draining areas. One has 3 mm holes, and the other one has 6 mm holes. The ability to lock in the steam is perfect for the times when you want to brew your tea directly in the pot.
4. Fosslang Stainless Steel Saucepan with Glass Cover
- Milk Pot 14 cm approx. 1.5L with Lid - ideal for stove top with 14 cm, height: 12 cm
- Pour off or decant liquids without spilling to keep your dishes and cooker clean
- Fosslang cookware are suitable for all stove tops - including induction
- Patented base construction with steady heat distribution and long heat storage for energy-saving cooking
- Material: stainless steel 18/10(304) - dishwasher-safe, easy to clean, ovenproof, tasteless and acid resistant
This saucepan from Fosslang is similar to the Norpro Krona 8-cup pot, only slightly smaller. It holds six cups. You’ll find in it everything you need to make a perfect cup of tea comfortably: a nicely designed handle, a spout for easy pouring and a lid with two straining areas with different sized holes which you can turn to lock in the steam if you need to.
The Fossland Stainless Steel Saucepan is 14 cm wide and 12 cm high which makes it fit easily on almost any stovetop. It’s also compatible with all kinds of stovetops, including induction.
Finally, it is made of 18/10 304 gauge stainless steel which makes it extremely durable, safe to wash in the dishwasher and easy to clean. If you are looking for a saucepan that will last many years, this might be the right one.
5. HIC Turkish Coffee Warmer and Butter Melting Pot, Stainless Steel, 24-Ounce Capacity
- Large turkish warmer; great for holiday food preparation
- 24-ounce capacity
- Made of durable stainless steel; will not retain tastes and odors
- Great for warming gravy and melting butter
- Pour spout for no-mess serving
Turkish coffee pots are not just for Turkish coffee. This one from Harold Import Co. can perform most of the functions a standard saucepan can with an edit benefit – it heats up really fast due to the specific shape.
It’s made from 18/8 stainless steel with a heat-resistant plastic handle that remains cool to the touch. There is a hole at the and of the handle which allows you to hand this pot, and since it’s reasonably small this is the perfect way to store it.
What is the perfect saucepan for making tea? It all depends on your style. If you like using teabags and brewing tea directly in the cup, any saucepan will do. In this case, you might choose the Cuisinart Classic Saucepan for a balance of durability and fast heating.
On the other hand, if you prefer to brew loose leaf tea directly in your pot, choose one with a straining lid like the Farberware Classic Stainless Steel Covered Straining Saucepan or the 3. Norpro 650 Krona 8 Cup Multi Pot. These pots with straining lids are also perfect for those who lake making chai tea from scratch!
Best Stainless Steel Cookware Sets
Read our review on the Top 5 Best Stainless Steel Cookware Sets.