Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Stainless steel is the gold standard when it comes to a good quality cookware set. Nothing gets us quite as excited as when we hear “all clad”, “multi-clad”, or “18/10” in regards to a set of stainless steel cookware.
There is a good reason for it too. Stainless steel is incredibly durable, safe and healthy to cook with. It’s reliable, easy to clean, ages well, and of course, it is incredibly aesthetically pleasing.
Unfortunately, trying to figure out the best stainless steel cookware set can be quite stressful, which can lead to people making the wrong choice. When it comes to stainless steel, there aren’t many ways in which you can go wrong.
However, there are different features you can consider. These will not only make cooking with the pots and pans enjoyable, but that will also be better for you when it comes to the safety and longevity of the pan.
There are variations such as aluminum based, copper based, aluminum wrapped in copper, triple ply, five ply, multi-clad. There is truly no way of really knowing what all of that means without some research and experience.
Lucky for you, you don’t have to make that decision all on your own. In this article, we are going to review the top 5 stainless steel cookware sets that you can get your hands on today. We will thoroughly discuss each and every detail that made it on to our top 5 list.Invalid table id.
T-fal 13 Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set with Copper Bottomscookware set by T-fal. This is the best stainless steel cookware set you can get that has copper on the bottom. The base of each piece of cookware contains a thick high-grade aluminum core. It contains a copper disc that is visible when you view it from the bottom. This combination ensures that you get faster heat up and cooking times with a more even heat distribution throughout the entire cooking process. No more warping cookware or moving your food around the pan to avoid hot spots. Additionally, the entire set is made out of 18/10 construction which is considered to be the highest quality when it comes to stainless steel cookware. 18/10 refers to the amount of chromium and nickel in the set. It often means that the cookware is more durable to wear and tear over time, more resistant to heat, and will hold its appearance longer without being destroyed by rust or blemishes.
- Set includes: 8 inches fry pan, 10.5 inches fry pan, 12 inches fry pan with lid, 1 quart saucepan with lid, 2 quart; Saucepan with lid, 3 quart; Saucepan with lid, 5 quart; Dutch oven with lid and stainless steel steamer
- Multi layer strength: Heavy gauge base with multiple layers of copper, stainless steel and aluminum for fast, even heat; Durable 18/10 stainless steel; Visible copper bottom helps channel heat from the center outward
- Stainless steel interior: A well loved cooking surface, the stainless steel interior won’t react to acidic foods; Works best using moderate heat; To prevent food from sticking, simply preheat the pan, then add a thin coat of cooking oil
- Sturdy handles & vented lids: Riveted stainless steel handles are secure and ergonomically designed for comfort; Tempered glass lids trap in heat and moisture; Vented hole in lid lets a little steam escape to maintain visibility and help prevent boiling over
Final VerdictNot only are you getting a beautiful product that will treat you well in the kitchen, but you are getting a cookware set that you can truly get to know because it is going to last you years to come. It’s an incredible set that won’t let you down.
- Durability 80% 80%
- Design 90% 90%
- Reliability 80% 80%
- Price 90% 90%
Cuisinart Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
A brands name isn’t everything, but it can certainly help when looking for a new cookware set. When you hear the name of a certain brand, sometimes you just know that you are getting a quality product without even really knowing much else about it. This set is no exception. This 12 piece multi-clad stainless steel cookware set is brought to you by Cuisinart, a name that all of us are quite familiar and comfortable with.
This is the best quality stainless steel cookware set that is made at an affordable price point, at a professional level. It is sought after by bachelors living on their own, large family cooks, and even some professional chefs. This set is without a doubt one of the most aesthetically pleasing sets available today for the price. The contemporary design of this cookware set features 18/10 stainless steel that has a brushed stainless steel finished exterior.
The cookware set comes with 2 saucepans, 2 open skillets, 1 saucepan, a stock pot with a steamer insert, and lids for all. The lids are also made with stainless steel and do not have glass tops. This might seem like a downside for those who like to watch their food when they cook, but stainless steel lids will trap heat, moisture, and nutrients. This makes the food cook faster, stay hydrated, and lose less nutrition in the process.
- SET INCLUDES: 1.5 Quart saucepan with cover, 3 Quart saucepan with cover, 3.5 Quart sauté pan with helper handle and cover, 8 Quart stockpot with cover, 8" skillet, 10" skillet, 20cm steamer insert with cover
- DURABLE DESIGN: Elegant and contemporary, the professional Triple Ply Construction features a core of pure aluminum and a handsome brushed stainless finish. Heat Surround Technology allows for even heat distribution along the bottom and sidewalls of the cookware. Cookware also features Cool Grip handles secured with stainless steel rivets, self-basting and tight-fitting lids
- COOKING AND CLEANING: Polished cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors. Tight-fitting stainless steel covers seal in food's natural juices and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results. Cookware and covers are dishwasher safe
- OVEN SAFE: Oven safe up to 550 degrees F with rims tapered for a drip-free pouring experience. Suitable for use with induction cook tops as well
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Inspired by the great French kitchens, Cuisinart began making professional cookware almost 30 years ago. Constructed of the finest materials available to perfectly perform all the classic cooking techniques, Cuisinart cookware continues a long tradition of excellence. Our commitment to quality and innovation continues with our MultiClad Pro Stainless cookware, designed to meet the demands of gourmet chefs everywhere
The interiors of the pots and pans are intensely polished so that they resemble the reflectiveness of a mirror. This is an amazing detail that looks incredible but also has a lot of functionality as well. The reflective appearance also creates a surface that is more non-stick than its non-treated competitors. It allows you to separate the food from the pan with ease and less grease. The polished surface is also beneficial when cooking because the steel will not react with your food and alter your flavors.
The entire set has been made with triple-ply stainless steel construction with a heavy-duty aluminum core. A pure aluminum core ensures that you retain as much heat as possible, as evenly as possible, throughout the entire cooking process. The rims of the pots and pans have been tapered so that you can pour the contents into your serving dishes or storage containers without worrying about dripping and messes.
The handles have been attached using stainless steel rivets. They keep the handles securely attached and yet separate enough from the cooking vessel that it stays cool. This ensures that picking up or moving around the cookware while on heat isn’t going to be dangerous.
Additionally, the entire set is dishwasher safe, broiler safe, and can be placed in an oven that is heated up to 550 degrees making it one of the most durable units we have reviewed. 50 degrees higher than its competitors doesn’t seem like much, but it can easily mean the difference between a cookware set that is still intact versus one that has been warped from heat.
Final VerdictIf you have the extra money to spend, this set is easily the best overall stainless steel cookware set that you can get from a brand you trust. It is built with high grade and professional materials, contemporary design, and additional safety and function features.
- Durability 80% 80%
- Design 80% 80%
- Reliability 80% 80%
- Price 70% 70%
All-Clad Stainless Steel 5-Ply Bonded 14-Piece Cookware Set
All-Clad is another one of those brands that you hear the name of and instantly feel comforted because you know your time in the kitchen is going to be enjoyable. All-Clad is the gold standard when it comes to the best stainless steel cookware. It has proven itself time and time again with its durable construction and undeniable cooking results. Whether you like cooking with stainless steel or not, the quality of this brand has been well established.
This 14 piece cookware set is no exception. It is easily the best quality stainless steel cookware set that is made in the USA. It comes with two frying pans, 2 saucepans, a chefs pan, and a covered stockpot. Each piece (with the exception of the frying pans), comes with a stainless steel lid that has an easy to grip and maneuverable handle.
This particular set is made from high grade 18/10 stainless steel. It contains a bonded five-ply aluminum construction surrounding the core that is made from copper. The cookware is made to look elegant and contemporary with its smooth and thin edges. There is a beautiful copper brand that wraps around the stainless steel pots and pans. It not only showcases this incredible heat conductor but also adds a touch of luxury to the set.
- Set includes: 10 and 12-inch fry pans, 2 and 3-quart sauce pans with lids, 3 and 6-quart saute pans with lids, 12-inch chef’s pan with lid, and 8-quart stockpot with lid
- 5-ply bonded construction with stainless steel, aluminum, and a thick copper core for fast and even heating, warp-free strength, and ultimate responsiveness
- Highly polished stainless-steel cooking surface offers superior stick resistance for easy maintenance with flared edges for drip-free pouring
- Longer, riveted stainless-steel handles contoured for a comfortable grip and vented to stay cool with stainless-steel lids to match
- Compatible with all cooktops including induction, and oven and broiler-safe up to 600°F
Each piece has a flared edge so that you can transfer your food from the cookware to your desired eating or storage vessel. The handles are long, smooth, riveted and comfortable. They stay cool and comfortable, even in the middle of high-temperature cooking sessions, because of their vented and contoured design.
The polished stainless steel cooking surface (which is also called the starburst finish by All-Clad), ensures that you have no negative interactions with the food. This is good because it prevents the steel from altering the flavor of the food. It also makes for a cooking surface that is resistant to sticking, without requiring too much oil. This also makes it really easy to clean once you are done cooking.
The set is dishwasher, oven, and broiler safe. It has the ability to thrive in temperatures up to 600 degrees, while its competitors are warping around 400 degrees. It can also be used with all types of cooking tops such as induction, gas, electric, and ceramic. Additionally, the entire set is made in the USA for those who want to support a local company.
Final VerdictIf you are an advanced cook, someone who loves cooking, or someone who is looking for a quality set that is made in the USA, look no further because All-Clad is the highest value when it comes to high-quality cookware sets. Brand certainly isn’t the only important aspect when looking for a new cookware set. However, with All-Clad, you know that the quality and reliability lives up to the name. The only downside to this brand and this particular set is that it is quite expensive. If you are looking to save some money but don’t want to miss out on the All-Clad name, there are smaller sets available that come in at a lower price point.
- Durability 90% 90%
- Design 90% 90%
- Reliability 90% 90%
- Price 50% 50%
Cook N Home 12-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- COOKWARE SETS - Cook N Home Basic Cookware Sets Includes 12 Piece-1.5 qt Saucepan with lid, 1.5& 2 & 3 qt Saucepot Casseroles with lids, 5.5 qt Stockpot with lid, and a 10-inch Fry pan with lid for all your cooking needs.
- HIGH QUALITY - Pots and pans set is made of mirror polished 18/10 stainless steel with an aluminum disc bottom for even/quick heat distribution to prevents hot spots.
- EASY TO CLEAN & STACK & STORE - Stainless steel pots and pans set has a reflective finish inside and out for a sleek appearance and easy cleaning. Stackable and flat base for convenient storage and stability on cooktops.
- GLASS LID & COMFORTABLE HANDLES - Tempered glass lids with steam vent to view food while cooking. Riveted stainless steel handles are durable, comfortable, and wide/deep for a secure grip. The perforated handle is designed for easy hanging and saves space in the kitchen.
- MULTI-STOVE COMPATIBLE - Induction compatible and works on gas, electric, glass, ceramic, halogen, and more. Oven safe up to 500F, lids up to 350F. Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
Final VerdictIf affordability is the most important aspect on your wish list and you really aren’t looking for any extra bells and whistles, then you don’t need to look any further. This set is without a doubt one of the most affordable stainless steel options available. You are getting a fantastic set for the price as you are not sacrificing quality for the savings. You are still getting top grade 18/10 stainless steel construction with a core that was designed to prevent hot spots and slow cooking times.
- Durability 60% 60%
- Design 70% 70%
- Reliability 60% 60%
- Price 90% 90%
Chantal 9 Piece Cookware Set
The Chantal 9 piece cookware set is an up and comer in the cookware market. It is slowly making its way into kitchens worldwide, and for good reason too. This is the best stainless steel cookware without aluminum that you can buy that is still made with durable stainless steel.
Aluminum is an essential part of stainless steel cookware as it adds durability and provides more evenly distributed heat. However, many people worry that aluminum isn’t safe. While the studies are unclear, for those who are wanting to cook aluminum-free, you now have a really great option available to you. This unit is also nickel-free which can be a fantastic option for those with allergies to nickel.
This cookware set is made from 12/10 Japanese stainless steel that has been melted with copper to increase heat up times, overall cooking time, and heat conductivity. Additionally, titanium has been added to the copper and steel mixture to give the pots and pans more strength and durability so that they hold up over time. The level of chromium in this set is a bit higher than most, which makes the steel less likely to corrode over time.
- 9 PC COOKWARE SET: Chantal's premium Stainless Steel Cookware combines beauty with first-rate cooking performance. Tempered-glass lids let you see what's cooking; Ergonomic, stay-cool handles allow for comfort & ease of use; dripless pouring rims reduce spillage along side of body. This 9 pc set will complete any kitchen; 2qt & 3.5qt Saucepans with glass lids, 5 t Sauteuse with glass lid, 8qt StockPot with glass lid (fits fry pan), 10" Fry Pan; Limited Lifetime Warranty; Dishwasher Safe
- UNIQUE JAPANESE STEEL: Made from a unique Japanese Steel, copper is melted directly into the steel, resulting in cookware that effortlessly conducts heat quickly and evenly; Titanium is also added for strength and durability to endure everyday cooking
- NICKEL FREE / MAGNETIC INDUCTION COMPATIBLE: To ensure healthy cooking, the steel is nickel free preventing allergic reactions to nickel. This is the best steel for magnetic induction and perfect for all cooktops; stovetop and oven safe to 500°F; Glass lids safe to 425°F
- DISHWASHER SAFE: Stainless Steel pan is oven and broiler safe to sear; braise or deglaze; Dishwasher Safe; Limited Lifetime Warranty
- FROM CHANTAL: 50 years ago, Chantal was the first to bring dramatic color, tempered glass lids, stay-cool handles and teakettles with a harmonica whistle to the kitchenware marketplace and continues to dedicate itself to the creation of innovative products that bring elegance to the home. Performs. Beautifully.
With the polished stainless steel interior, you should never have to worry about metallic flavors interfering with the food. Braising, searing, and deglazing should be a breeze.
The cookware set comes with two saucepans, a saucepan, one frying pan, and one stock pot. Each individual piece comes with a lid with the exception of the frying pan. The lids are made with tempered glass so that you can easily monitor your food while it is being cooked, without letting out any unnecessary heat or moisture.
The pots and pans have a pouring rim so that you can transfer your food without worrying about making a mess. The handles are designed with comfort in mind. They are smooth, rounded, and the perfect size for easy handling. They have been riveted to the cookware to ensure that they stay cool while cooking and attached, even when the pots and pans are at full capacity.
What makes this set so unique is that it is aluminum-free while also being induction ready. Additionally, it will work on all other types of cooktops such as gas, electric, and ceramic. The set is oven and dishwasher safe, but the lids can only handle up to 375 degrees in the oven. This is quite high but definitely something to be aware of when cooking with them to avoid damaging the set.
Final VerdictIf aluminum-free cookware is your number one requirement when looking for a stainless steel cookware set, then there really isn’t any reason to look any further. This set will provide you with all the necessary features you need to have a smooth and safe cooking experience. However, this set comes in at a much higher price point than the other units. With the addition of high grade Japanese stainless steel and incorporated copper, it pays off.
- Durability 70% 70%
- Design 60% 60%
- Reliability 60% 60%
- Price 70% 70%
Whether you walk into a kitchen store or search stainless steel cookware online, chances are you get overwhelmed pretty quickly. It doesn’t help that when you are in the store, you often need to pick up each individual piece to ensure that the handle is comfortable, that it isn’t too light nor too heavy, that the materials are truly high quality, and that it is compatible with your cooktop.
Sometimes, this is impossible to do in a store depending on how the product is packaged and displayed. The amount of information listed on the box usually isn’t enough. Shopping online definitely has the upper hand when it comes to finding out accurate information because you have access to customer reviews and testimonials, as well as more detailed information that you might have not otherwise had access too.
The last thing anybody wants is to spend a ton of money on a set that is marketed as high-quality, but later find out that it’s made out of light and cheap materials and potentially isn’t even compatible with their cooktop.
Shopping for the best stainless steel cookware set in a storefront can be far too much unnecessary effort when it comes to the modern day consumer. We are incredibly busy and we want fast and reliable results that will hopefully last us a lifetime. If you are trying to upgrade your current stainless steel cookware set or are making the switch from a different type of cooking material, one of these five sets is sure to tick all the boxes on your wish list.
We hope this review shed some light on the benefits and downfalls of the top five stainless steel cookware sets. It is our goal that you are walking away feeling more confident and ready to dive into the exciting and wonderful world of high-quality stainless steel cookware sets, knowing that you made a well-informed decision.
You may also be interested in: