<!–googleoff: index–>Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.<!–googleon: index–>
How long do Weber Grills last? Weber is known for producing durable gas, charcoal, and portable grills. They also have stainless steel units that will look great on any outdoor kitchen.
Weber Grills are beautiful and available in a wide array of models to meet your grilling needs. You can find complex grills with all the bells and whistles, as well as simple ones with straightforward functions.
In this article, we’ll answer what most grill owners have in mind. So keep on reading to find out how long you can expect your Weber Grill to serve you. Plus, learn about some essential things about your equipment to make sure it lasts for many years.
Table of Contents
Weber Charcoal Grills
Weber charcoal grills allow you to enjoy perfectly smoked meat. Unlike gas, these grills come with a more simplistic design. Likewise, you’re less likely to encounter failed mechanisms. Nonetheless, they may not last as long as gas grills. The reason for this is because the open flame and continuous smoke can be quite tough on materials.
One of the most popular charcoal grills of Weber is the Smokey Mountain. The line is made to last and boast of a heavy-duty and sturdy design. Moreover, these smokers feature legs and doors that can withstand rust. They’re also durable, making them ideal for your camping or outdoor trips.
Weber Kettle is another sturdy charcoal grill. It’s easy to use and comes with unique features. What’s more, it has a classic design at an attractive price point.
These charcoal grills are affordable. However, the endless smoke can affect them, so don’t expect it to last as long as Weber’s gas grills.
Weber Gas Grills
The gas grills of Weber are more complicated to operate than their charcoal counterparts. Still, their performance is pretty straightforward. Likewise, these solid grills are reliable and can last you for over a decade. And they may be pricier, but you can’t deny their beauty and durability.
Both the Weber Genesis and Weber Spirit series of gas grills come with a 10-year warranty. Hence, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your investment can provide you with a decade of grilling. Both lines have a sturdy construction and are packed with amazing features.
Weber Stainless Steel Grills
Weber Stainless Steel grills can hurt your budget, but they’re one of the most durable ones out there. Additionally, it comes with a plethora of features and a superb warranty. So investing in one of these grills is worth your while.
One example is the stunning Weber Summit. This grill is perfect for any avid griller. It is jam-packed with features, including a built-in smoker box and rotisserie system. It’s very durable and comes with a 10-year warranty. But you can expect your equipment to outlive its warranty.
Weber Electric And Portable Grills
The portable and electric grills of Weber are easy to store because of their compact designs. Properly storing them may help extend their life. So if you’ll take your Smokey Joe grill camping or your Weber Q electric grill on a business trip, don’t just toss it in at the back seat.
Nonetheless, these grills are made with durability in mind. For instance, Weber Q grills have cast aluminum frames. Furthermore, they are sturdy but will quickly cool down, making it great for cooking when you’re on the go.
These small grills are under a 5-year warranty with some parts covered with a 2-year warranty. But with proper care, you can expect them to last longer.
Proper Care And Maintenance Matters
It doesn’t matter if you have the most durable or expensive grill money can afford. If you don’t care and maintain it properly, it won’t last very long.
One of the things you can do is to make your grill last is to cover it well when not in use. This is to protect your investment from different elements, including weather. Moreover, you need to empty it of ash regularly, as well as grease and clean the body and grates of your grill.
Tips On How To Clean Your Weber Gas Grill
- Scrape or brush off any carbon that has built-up on the lid’s underside once your grill has cooled down. Then, remove any leftover debris on the grates by brushing it.
- Get rid of debris and rust on the burner tube ports by brushing across them with a clean brush. Make sure to brush with care around its ignition electrode to prevent damaging it.
- For debris build-up along the cook box’s bottom and sides, use a scraper to chip them away. And then, push the dirt into the unit’s grease tray.
- Scrub the debris off of the grease tray into the drip pan. Wipe the drip pan clean and then replace it.
- Make sure to inspect each hose of your gas grill for abrasions or cracks.
- Check if there are leaks in the gas connections by applying a solution of water and soap. To do this, turn the knobs off, turn the gas, and dab the mixture on the connections. You know there’s a leak when bubbles form. In this case, don’t use your grill and call Weber’s customer service for help.
- Clean the side tables and outside lid of your gas grill by using an exterior grill solution.
Tips On How To Clean Your Weber Charcoal Grill
- Once your charcoal grill has cooled down, get rid of the built-up carbon on the lid’s underside by brushing and scraping it off.
- Remove all leftover debris from your previous grilling session from the grates by brushing them off.
- You also need to remove stubborn debris inside the bowl with a scraper. Weber charcoal grills feature a One-Touch Cleaning System that pushes debris and ashes into its ash catcher.
- Do not forget to empty the catcher. If you left the ash sitting on it, it’ll result in corrosion over time.
- Like with gas grills, finish off by cleaning the grill’s outside tables and outside lid with an exterior grill cleaner.
So how long do Weber grills last? All Weber grills are durable and built to last. You can prolong its lifespan with proper care and maintenance. Also, the most important thing you need to keep in mind is to make sure that the inside of your grill is clean. This will not only help it run well but also make it last for as long as possible.