Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
It is easy to use gas as τhe source of fuel for an outdoor grill. Most come with electronic ignition, so they are simple to light. In addition, they aren’t as messy as charcoal grills (but some do come in a gas charcoal smoker combo for that specific smokey flavour). They come in all different sizes from portable with just 1 burner, grills with 2 burners, enlarging it to a 6 burner grill even to large event size grills with 8 burners.
In this article, we are going to take a look at 3-burner gas grills and give you our top choices. This size of the grill is suitable for a family and a few guests (but isn’t compact enough to be a tabletop gas grill).
Table of Contents
- What are the Advantages of a 3-Burner Grill?
- What are 3-Burner Grills Made Of?
- The Ignition System
- Should I Get a 3-Burner Grill with a Lid?
- How Big a Cooking Surface Should I Get?
- Frequently Asked Questions
In a hurry? This is our winner!
Best 3-Burner Gas Grill – Comparison Table
Best 3-Burner Gas Grill – Reviews
This grill is made from porcelain-coated steel which is an extremely tough material and one which will withstand rough weather. It has 3 stainless steel inline burners that distribute heat well, giving you even cooking. You won’t get hot or cold spots and your meat will be tender and juicy. The burners produce a total of 30,000 BTUS across a 360 square inch cooking area which can cook up to 15 burgers or you may like to mix and match and do a few burgers, some sausages, and stuffed peppers for the veggie lovers.
Also, there is a 170 square inch warming rack. Here you can toast burger buns and keep your meat warm until you are ready to serve the whole meal.
The cooking grates are porcelain-coated which is a tough material. They will stop your food from sticking and they are easy to clean.
It has a Piezo ignition system so all you have to do is press a button and the burners light up. You don’t have to worry about having matches handy.
Other benefits include 2 metal side shelves where you can prepare food and store accessories, and 2 wheels so you can move it easily. It does also have 2 fixed legs so you can be assured that the grill will stay in place.
- 360 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates. Convectional cooking system
- 170 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Three stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance
- Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements
- Metal side shelves measure 12-inches w x 13-inches l providing extra storage and prep space
- Made from durable porcelain-coated steel
- Stainless steel burners
- 30,000 BTUs
- A total of 530 square inches cooking area
- Porcelain-coated cooking grates
- Piezo Ignition system
- Nowhere to hang barbecue tools
- 1 customer complained that the flame shields didn’t fit well
This grill has a stainless steel lid and cook box which means that it’s durable and will withstand bad weather. In addition, it has stainless steel rod cooking grates which will give you excellent heat retention and even cooking. The last thing you want is partially undercooked meat with some of it being burnt. There is a sear station which is a zone that produces intense heat and will add sear marks to your meat.
The primary cooking surface is 513 square inches, while the warming rack is 156 square inches. This gives you ample room to cook food for a small gathering.
A bonus is the side burner (making it a 4 burner gas grill) where you can put a pot to cook up sauces and side dishes. Perhaps you might want to cook a veggie dish here for vegetarians who don’t want their food cooked with meat.
There is a thermometer that can be connected by an app to your cell phone. This way, you can keep an eye on the temperature throughout the cooking process. The app has to be bought separately.
Other benefits include a grill cabinet where you can put any accessories you need for your grilling experience. There are side tables on each side of the grill so you have room to prepare your food as well as grill hooks where you can hang your utensils.
- This product is a Liquid Propane unit
- Equipped with the powerful Gs4 high performance grilling system
- Use the side burner to Simmer BBQ sauce or sauté veggies; Infinite control burner valves
- Sear station creates an intense heat zone to quickly add sear marks on meat
- Dimensions: Lid Open 62"H x 59"W x 31"D || Lid Closed 47"H x 59"W x 29"D || Primary cooking area 513 square inches || Tuck-Away warming rack area 156 square inches || Total cooking area 669 square inches
- Made from stainless steel
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Sear station
- A total of 659 square inches of cooking space
- Side burner
- Side tables
- Grill hooks
- 1 customer complained that 2 of the burners didn’t work from the offset
This grill is made from durable steel and it has been powder coated making it able to withstand the elements. It has porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates which are durable as well. The burners are made from stainless steel so all in all, you will be getting one tough grill.
The main cooking space is 438 square inches, and there is also a warming rack of 192 square inches which gives you plenty of room to toast burger buns. The 3 burners give out a total of 40,800 BTUs. There is also a side burner of 12,000 BTUs. Here you can use pots or pans and make sauces and side dishes.
Other benefits include electronic ignition, 2 wheels so you can easily move it around your yard, and a side shelf where you can prepare your food. There are also utensil hooks and a built-in stainless steel thermometer. The grill has 2 removable grease trays, so cleaning is a breeze.
- PREMIUM LIQUID PROPANE GAS GRILL - 40,800 BTU 3 Burner Gas BBQ Grill with a 12,000 BTU side burner makes grilling exceptional barbecue at home easy
- CONSISTENT AND EVEN HEAT - Three burners with independent control knobs deliver continuous and balanced heat across the grilling area
- LARGE COOKING AREA - 630 square inch total cooking area delivers great taste and bbq flavor: 438 sq in grilling area and a 192 sq in warming rack
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION - Made from tubular steel and built to last, this heavy-duty barbeque grill features dual smoke stacks for better ventilation and a stainless steel bbq thermometer
- BARBECUE GRILL FEATURES - Thick porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates for maximum heat retention, warming rack, large wheels for easy portability, and side workstation with barbeque tool set storage hooks
- Made from steel
- Porcelain-coated cast-iron grates
- 438 square inch cooking area
- 40,000 BTUs
- Side burner of 12,000 BTUs
- Electronic ignition
- 2 customers complained that the grill rusted after a few months of use
If you haven’t got a lot of room or you enjoy going camping or tailgating, this grill will suit you down to the ground. It is portable and is extremely easy to carry. It has short feet, but they are sturdy and make the grill stable.
The grill has 3 round stainless steel burners which give fast and even heat. They produce a total of 25,500 BTUs. There is a Piezo igniter, so the burners light up in a flash. You don’t have to worry about striking a match.
The cooking surface measures 312 square inches and is made from porcelain-enameled steel which will make your food juicy and tender. It is removable for easy washing. There is also a removable grease pan that collects all the drips and it too can easily be cleaned.
- PORTABLE AND CONVENIENT: Portable and easy to carry. With sturdy feet for enhanced stability, this table top grill is perfect for small outdoor cooking events, like camping and tailgating, fueled by 20 lb. propane tank (not included) with hose and regulator (included).
- FAST HEATING: Three separately controlled burners offer an overall of 25,500 BTU cooking power, while integrated piezo ignitor provides instant ignition featuring by the simple push of a button.
- SPACIOUS COOKING SURFACE: This tabletop grill comes with 316 sq. in. cooking surface.
- QUICK ASSEMBLY: No more worries about complex assembly before grilling, so you'll start cooking journey in no time.
- NO FUSSY CLEANUP: Removable, slide-out grease cup collects oil residue while cooking, and is easy to clean up after use. Griddle top is also detachable for washing.
- Stainless steel burners
- Piezo igniter
- 312 square inches of cooking space
- Removable grease cup
- 1 customer claimed that it arrived dented
Here we have an infrared grill that has a special element between the flame and the grates so that you can get extremely high temperatures. This is good if you want to get seared meat with a blackened crust, but a juicy and tender inside.
The grill is made from durable stainless steel. It has 3 top-ported stainless steel burners with heat tents, and the cooking grates are made from porcelain-coated steel which is tough and rust-resistant.
The burners produce a total of 24,000 BTUs and in addition, there is a side burner of 10,000BTUs. The side burner is useful for side dishes, sauces, and vegetarian dishes. The burners are lit by a push-to-start electronic ignition. There are 450 square inches of cooking space which is ample for 24 burgers. If you want to keep food warm and toast burger buns, there is a swing-away warming rack measuring 150 square inches.
The infrared element prevents flare-ups and allows food to be cooked evenly and with greater control over the temperature.
Other benefits include a lid-mounted temperature gauge and 2 wheels so you can easily move the grill around your yard.
- Exclusive stainless steel finish for increased style and durability
- TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even-heat and cooks juicier food
- 450-square-inches of primary cooking space is great for most cookouts
- Porcelain-coated grates are durable, rust-resistant and easy-to-clean
- Reliable push-to-start electronic ignition and swing-a-way warming rack for added versatility
- Infrared grill for higher temperatures
- Fast cooking means less gas used
- Side burner
- Electronic ignition
- Total of 600 square inches cooking space
- 1 customer complained that the infrared element was connected to the grate and it was, therefore, difficult to clean
The famous chef, Heston Blumenthal has created a grill that he would be happy to cook on. It is made from die-cast aluminum which is a durable and rust-resistant material. It has 3 independently controlled burners so you can have different heats in different areas of the grill. This is useful for when you want to cook both meat and vegetables. The burners produce 27,000 BTUs of power.
There are 466 square inches of cooking space spread over cast-iron plates. It only takes 5 minutes for the grill to heat up to the correct temperature for cooking. You won’t have to hang around like you would have to do with a charcoal or wood pellet grill.
The grill has a high hood lid which means that air circulates giving more even cooking. It works like a convection oven.
You can adjust the height of this grill. It comes as a 3-tiered stand and the stand can be removed if you want to take the grill with you when you go tailgating, for picnics, or camping.
Other benefits include a hood-mounted temperature gauge, 2 side tables for prep work, and 2 shelves underneath the grill for storage of accessories. The grill comes with a waterproof cover which also protects it from UV light. You also get a freestanding warming rack and a griddle.
- INSTANT SEARING with Fast Ignition Technology allowing your Gas BBQ Grill to be ready to cook in just 5 minutes, including a clear hood mounted temperature gauge. Grill contains high hood designed to enhance airflow for outdoor convection.
- 3 HIGH PERFORMANCE BURNERS independently controlled over the 466 sq. inches of outdoor grill surface generating an impressive 27,000 BTUs of grilling power with interchangeable cast-iron flat plates.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT with a 3-tiered stand that can be removed for portable high-quality grilling at your tailgate or picnic, allowing for a comfortable grilling experience for everyone. Dimensions: 42 x 29.5 x 51.65 Inches (L x W x H)
- WEATHER RESISTANT COVER perfect for outdoor grilling; keep your BBQ dry with the waterproof lining. This synthetic cover provides top-to-bottom protection through all seasons & UV protected material with durable straps to shield from the elements.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED & SHIPPING INFO – A Freestanding Steel Warming Rack for resting meat and Flat Plate allowing for use as a griddle. Everdure Official will contact you following your purchase with direction on scheduling your new grill delivery.
- Made from die-hard cast aluminum
- Cast-iron grilling plates
- 466 square inches of cooking space
- 27,000 BTUs
- Can remove the stand for portability
- Comes with a cover and other accessories
- 1 customer claimed that the paint flaked off
Best 3-Burner Gas Grill – Buyers Guide
What are the Advantages of a 3-Burner Grill?
A 3-burner grill can have different heat zones enabling you to cook both delicate foods like fish at the same time as steak. You can also turn off a burner and switch the others on and slow roast meat over the indirect zone. Then you can put the meat on the direct zone to crisp up. Having a reasonably-sized cooking area helps in this respect.
A 3-burner grill is a right size for entertaining a small crowd of friends or feeding a large family.
What are 3-Burner Grills Made Of?
If you want your grill to last for years and stand up to the elements, cast aluminum, stainless steel, or brass is best. Grates can be made from stainless steel or cast-iron, both of which are durable.
The Ignition System
There are 3 different types of ignition that your grill could have. The first is electronic which works on batteries. The second is Piezo electric ignition which creates a spark by friction. The last is hot surface ignition which has an igniter rod that gets extremely hot.
Most grills now have separate igniters for each burner, but a few have ‘crossover ignition’. Here you light 1 burner and the flame crosses over to the other burners. Having ignition for each burner is the best as you can then have zone grilling.
Should I Get a 3-Burner Grill with a Lid?
The simple answer is yes. Without a lid you would find it difficult to set up zone cooking as too much heat would escape. A lid keeps in the heat and some grills even come with a double-layered lid that is great for heat retention.
How Big a Cooking Surface Should I Get?
Most 3-Burner grills are somewhere between 400 and 500 square inches which will enable you to cook around 20 burgers at the same time. You should leave ½” between each item. An average-sized burger needs about 20 ½ square inches of space.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We’ve answered a popular questions like:
- Which is the best gas grill smoker combo?
- Can I smoke meat on a gas grill?
Why Propane and Not Natural Gas?
We have nothing against natural gas, and it does work out cheaper than propane in the long run. However, you can’t move natural gas grills around your yard (grills with the built-in gas are more moveable). Also, propane grills have more cooking energy than natural gas.
We hope you have enjoyed reading about 3-burner grills and have found one to suit out of our choices. We stand by our top choice of the Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill. The grill lid and the firebox are made from durable porcelain-coated steel and you get both a main cooking surface as well as a warming rack. We hope that you have a great summer grilling.