Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
As summer gets underway, many of us are really looking forward to those long summer afternoons spent over a barbecue. To keep you protected from unwanted burns when cooking al fresco, you’ll need to invest in a decent pair of heat resistant gloves. With a range of gloves on the market with differnet fabrics and lengths available, how do you know which is most suitable for your needs? In this article we take a look at the pros and cons of some of the bestselling gloves, to make selecting your perfect pair a lot easier.
Table of Contents
In a hurry? This is our winner!
Best BBQ Gloves – Comparison Table
Best BBQ Gloves – Reviews
The Artisan Griller 14” insulated gloves are designed to offer you a high level of protection whilst you create your next perfect meal on your BBQ, smoker (gas or charcoal smoker), or grill. The 14” length helps to protect your forearms as well as your hands and they are made with FDA approved neoprene rubber, which means they are water, fire and stain resistant, making them the perfect addition to your essential grilling accessories.
This 5 finger flexible design with its textured palm, gives you good grip even when handling items that are slippery or wet. Lined with a soft jersey cotton liner, they keep your hands cool and comfortable whilst giving you great dexterity. They are easy to clean too, just rinse with hot soapy water and hang out to dry. Each pair of gloves comes with a re-sealeable bag for easy storage between use.
These professional grade gloves can help you get the most out of your outdoor cooking, easily managing messy BBQ’s, grabbing hot food and pans like a pro. If you don’t love them, no problem, you can get your money back with a hassle free 3 month guarantee.
- ✔PRO DESIGN - Best design for Barbecue Pits and Pitmasters With An Insulated Non-Slip Five Finger Design So You Can Manage Hot Meats In your Smoker, Rotisserie or BBQ and make pulled pork Like The Pros! The 14" length adds extended protection for most of your arm. Just as useful in the kitchen as they are grilling or frying. The black Large size 9 set of gloves fits most people and is easy to put on and take off.
- ✔COMFORTABLE & FLAME RESISTANT - The Pit Glove has a soft jersey cotton liner that fits loosely so your hands stay cool and comfortable while smoking meats, pulling pork, baking, pickling and other household tasks. The food grade neoprene coating is resistant to melting and is fire resistant, protecting your hands around smokers, grill flames and fire, making them a great camping accessory.
- ✔PREMIUM NEOPRENE COATING - The FDA compliant neoprene rubber coating is waterproof and offers great flexibility while offering max protection from boiling water and steam - over knitted gloves. The waterproof neoprene coating on this glove is resistant to heat, grease, oil, water and stains. They are much more flexible than silicone and just as easy to clean - just wash on your hands and hang to dry
- ✔MAKES A GREAT GIFT - You'll love this glove so much that you'll have to hide it from your friends - so do both of you a favor and buy several for a gift. ✪✪
- Best design for Barbecue Pits and Pitmasters With An Insulated Non-Slip Five Finger Design
- 14″ length adds extended protection for most of your arm
- Comfortable soft jersey cotton liner and flame resistant
- Premium Noprene Coating.
- Easy to clean
- Textured palm for grip
- Only comes in large or extra large which may be too big for small hands
- Guarantee is only for 3 months, less than some other brands
Say goodbye to unwanted burns around the kitchen, BBQ, grill, dutch oven or campfire. The Grill Armor Cooking Gloves are specifically designed to prevent accidents and keep your hands and wrists protected whist you cook.
These gloves are heat resistant up to 932°F and crafted using the highest quality materials, for a thickness than can handle the hottest of items, whilst remaining lightweight and flexible. The outer layer is insultated with fire resistant fabrics to ensure they won’t catch fire or melt when exposed to flames. The inner layer is made of 100% cotton lining for superior comfort and breathability. Non-slip silcone stripes ensure more safety and control when carrying hot and heavy items than a traditional oven mitt. These all rounder gloves are machine washable, come with a handy hook for drying and are available in different colours and sizes.
- Extreme Heat Resistant & Cut Resistant - EN407 certified, that can withstand heats up to 932°F. Our heat resistant gloves provide the highest protection for your hands, so you can cook with confidence with flexible fire gloves in extreme heat. The gloves also provides the highest EN388 level 5 cut resistance which is 4 times stronger than leather. Ideal for cutting vegetables, meats, fish and more.
- Top Quality - These Grill Armor Gloves are made to last! Using only the highest quality fabrics and materials to work with a burning grill, as mitts for ovens, hot pots or fire pits. Our fire gloves are easy to clean, machine washable and have a handy hook for hanging until the next time!
- Versatile - All in one barbecue gloves, oven mitts or pot holders! Enjoy showing off your skills using these as cooking gloves or baking gloves in the kitchen, outdoor grill, camp site, smokers etc. Whether you're a professional chef, avid griller or an amateur home cook, you can count on these gloves to protect you from unwanted burns. These BBQ gloves are the perfect gift for men and women. So get your personal chef, or BBQ lover a gift that shows you care!
- Comfort - Thick but lightweight oven gloves, with flexible five fingers flex design and silicone super-grip. With this fire glove design you can easily grab a pizza stone, a cast iron and Dutch oven that are too hot to handle. When wearing these oven gloves, you are free to hold hot pots and pans, stuff from the oven, microwave, instant pot, smoker, fryer, big green egg and more!
- Durability - Our heat resistant oven gloves are Insulated by M-ARAMID & P-ARAMID fabrics (same as Nomex and Kevlar). This will not catch fire or melt when exposed to an open flame. So you can do the cooking, and we will provide the confidence you need. Your hands are always safe with us!
- Highest heat resistant available up to 932°F, EN407 certified
- Small lady size available
- Machine washable
- Thick but lightweight & flexible
- Insulated with fire resisitant fabrics
- Only cover hands/wrists not forearm
- Gloves don’t protect against heat from hot liquid
The GEEKHOM silicone gloves are carefully designed with a dual-layer, an outer silicone glove and inner heat-resistant cotton layer. Up to 3” longer than typical barbecue gloves to protect your forearms, these heavy duty gloves are constructed of silcone that’s ultra-flexible and comfortable to wear, whilst providing a strong, non-slip grip.
These versitle gloves can be used for the BBQ, fireplace, cooking, baking and grilling. Easily cleaned by hand or in the dishwasher, with marinades and sauces quickly removed from the non-stick surface. The GEEKHOM silcone gloves are also tear resistant and waterproof, meaning you can handle foods directly without worry of getting burnt from hot liquid or steam. These gloves can be purchased risk free, with a 100% no questions asked money back guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied, you’ll be offered a FULL refund or replacement.
- EXCELLENT HEAT RESISTANCE. The oven mitts is made of BPA Free silicone, heat-resistant from -104℉to 446℉. Environmentally Friendly, security and durable.
- DUAL-LAYER DESIGN: This BBQ gloves is designed with an outer silicone glove and inner heat-resistant cotton layer, comfortable and moisture wicking, maximize your heat protection from grill and oven temperatures.
- LONG SLEEVE and ROPE DESIGN: This cooking gloves is with a long sleeve to protect your wrist and arm and glove cuff is designed with a rope so that the glove can be hanged on a hook when not in use, easier to store and saves more room for kitchen.
- NON-SLIP DESIGN: Texture on the surface of the waterproof gloves provides a NON-SLIP protection, never worry about falling when pick up food or something else.
- FULL GEEKHOM WARRANTY - Provides 100% no questions asked money back guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied with your silicone grill gloves purchase simply let us know, and you'll be offered a FULL refund or replacement! Enjoy this absolutely RISK FREE purchase today by clicking the yellow 'Add to Cart button' above.
- BPA Free silicone, heat-resistant from -104℉to 446℉.
- Environmentally friendly and durable
- Long sleeve to protect your wrist and arm
- Heat resistant inner cotton layer – comfortable and moisture wicking
- Waterproof with textured non slip design
- Machine washable
- 100% money back guarantee
- One size which may be too large for smaller hands
- A bit bulkier than other designs
Designed with the pit master in mind, these insulated textured palm non-slip gloves make handling hot, wet and greasy food In your Smoker, Rotisserie or BBQ easy, so you can cook like a pro!
The 14” length adds extended protection for most of your arm and the double layer soft cotton liner not only provides maximum comfort and good insulation, but the loose fit also ensures your hands stay cool. The FDA compliant, BPA free, food grade neoprene coating is not only resistant to heat, grease, oil and water but is also melting and fire resistant, giving you confidence whether you are using them around smokers, grill flames or fire. This coating also makes them super easy to clean, just wash with a little soap and hang out to dry.
- PRO DESIGN –Made with Food-Grade neoprene rubber, they are water, fire & stain resistant. Designed for the pit master with insulated textured palm non-slip five finger design so you can manage wet or greasy meat in your smoker or bbq and make pulled pork like the pros!
- COMFORTABLE & FLAME RESISTANT – The double layer soft cotton liner not only provide max comfortable fitting but also good insulated from heat, the gloves fits loosely so your hands stays cool and comfortable while tend to your bbq, smoker and other household tasks.The food grade neoprene coating is resistant to melting and is fire resistant, protecting your hands around smokers, grill flames and fire, making them a great camping accessory.
- EXTREMELY EASY TO CLEAN - The flexible waterproof neoprene coating on this glove is resistant to heat, grease, oil, water and stains even chemical liquid, just wash the gloves with a little soap, and hang them to dry, no oil or stains left, pleasure to use!
- EASY HANDLING BOILING WATER OR STEAM -As the neoprene rubber coating is waterproof, you could handle hot boiling water or steam easily, just put your hands in hot boiling water without feeling heat(please have a test in cold water in case of any defective gloves!) the 14inch length sleeve protect your arm as well as your hands while pending your BBQ masterpiece or handing hot items on your smoker or grill.
- ALL KINDS OF USES - The Pit glove isn't just for BBQ; they're great for brewing beer; frying turkeys; dying yarn and all kinds of activities where you need hand and forearm protection
- Made with Food-Grade neoprene rubber – water, fire & stain resistant
- Double layer soft cotton liner, providing maximum comfort
- Easy to clean
- 14” length sleeve to protect your arms
- Textured non-slip palms
- Slight rubber odour when hot
- Only one size available
Whether you’re grilling, barbecuing, frying or baking, these extreme heat resistant gloves are EN407 certified which mean they have the capacity to withstand temperatures as high 932°F. Suitable for use indoors or outdoors these silicone coated gloves give you great dexterity and a the ultimate non-slip grip. Great for safely carrying hot cookware and pans and opening jars too!
No matter whether you are right or left handed, these gloves flip to fit anyone and are very easy to put on and take off. The comfortable cotton lining keeps your hands cool and stops them getting stuck. Machine washable and available in a range of colours.
These versitile gloves also work well to protect you from the cold, keeping your hands warm when scrapping ice off the car or shoveling snow off your driveway!
- 🔥 EXTREME HEAT RESISTANT GLOVES: The GRILL HEAT AID gloves are EN4O7 certified this means you can withstand heats up to 1472°F all of this protection while still giving you that all important dexterity you need for things such as using the fryer, smoker, barbecue, oven etc
- 🔥 CUT RESISTANT - Awarded with the highest, EN388 level 5 cut resistance - 4 times stronger than leather. Ideal for BBQ cutting, cooking, baking, woodworking, welding, and more.
- 🔥 INDOOR & OUTDOOR USE: Our mitts can be used for whatever wherever whether that's indoors keeping you safe while making your significant other by cooking them an intimate meal. This allows you to focus on cooking rather than worrying about hurting yourself. Which then makes your partner happy meaning you will be happy. The Gloves can also be used outside on the BBQ such as on 4th of July making sure your celebrations don't get cut short from burning yourself.
- 🔥 HIGH GRADE HEAT RESISTANCE: Each mitt is crafted with aramid fabric, a type of high performance, heat resistant, and heavy duty synthetic known for its ability to withstand high heat and repeated use
- 🔥 SIZING: Whether you're grilling steak, barbecuing ribs, frying chicken or baking fish, these gloves provide maximum protection, allowing you to handle all heat and all cookware with ease due to these gloves being stretchable
- 932 F EN407 Certified gloves
- Highest heat resistant available up to 932°F, EN407 certified
- Easy to put on/take off
- Fits all and suitable for right/left handed use
- Machine washable
- Comes in a range of colours
- 100% money back guarantee
- Heat can be felt on non-silicone parts if hold too long
- Not waterproof so doesn’t protect against hot liquids
- Only cover hands/wrists not forearms
Best BBQ Gloves – Buyers Guide
What type of BBQ Gloves are best?
Buying a good quality pair of BBQ gloves need not be expensive. There is a wide range to choose from that will keep you protected without breaking the bank. The key to choosing your heat resistant gloves will come down to what you intend to use them for.
Neoprene Rubber Gloves
Not only will these stylish longer length gloves make you look like the professional pit masters, but they’ll protect both your hands and your forearms from all sources of heat from flames to hot liquids and allow you to handle foods directly and safely. Like most on the market, their cotton linings will keep your hands comfortable, cool and dry. They are easy to clean, dry and store but may give off a slight unpleasant odour when in use. If you’re using a smoker, large BBQ, Rotisserie, grill or open fire and want to be able to handle a variety of objects safely, these could be the choice for you.
Full Silicone Gloves
Environmentally friendly and hard wearing these gloves are less likely to rip and tear than the fabric options. With a strong non-slip grip across the whole of the glove, they make transfering hot pots, pans and trays safe as well as protecting you from the heat. The only slight downside is that they may feel a little buliker than their competitiors and the fit may not be as comfortable for those with smaller hands. The fully waterproof coating allows easy cleaning and protection from hot liquids and steam. Ideal for using around the kitchen as well as cooking outdoors on BBQ’s and grills. Some are even 100% BPA-free, which is great if you wish to minimize your food’s exposure to chemicals.
Heat Resistant Fabric Gloves with Silicone Grips
With more flexibility and grip than the traditional oven mitt, these gloves protect you from extreme heat and fit snuggly. They allow for better grip on utensils too, particularly useful when handling knives. There’s often more choice in sizes which will please those with smaller hands. Their silicone grips will allow more control but fabric areas of the gloves not coated in silicone may become hotter quicker, so not suitable for holding hot objects for any length of time. The shorter length also won’t give your forearms the coverage of others on the market. In conclusion, these lightweight gloves may be a great upgrade for the kitchen, useful for transferring pots and pans, as well as handling hot tongs and other utensils on your BBQ, but they won’t give you perhaps as much protection for heavy duty cooking especially when there are hot liquids involved.
Each glove material has its own strengths and downsides. A majority of the heat resistant gloves available to buy are good quality and budget friendly, but just need to be used appropriately. For example, silicone and neoprane rubber are both excellent for handling food directly, are non-stick and simple to clean, and totally food-safe. However, the fabric gloves may give a better fit and are versitile enough to use around the kitchen, as well as outdoors. Less bulky and with good grip they can be used for a multitude of purposes from opening jars to clearing ice off the windscreen as well as cooking the perfect BBQ for your family.
You’ll need to take into consideration the temperatures you’ll be working in, the types of foods you’ll be cooking and the utensils you’ll be using. You’ll also need to think about what it is you are looking for, comfort, versitility, grip or toughness? Are you looking to be the next prefessional pit master or do you just need a versitle pair of gloves that will protect you in the kitchen and for light cooking outdoors? Whatever it is, I hope reading this article has helped you to find the right product to match your requirements and make the right choice for you.
Didn’t find the grilling accessory you seek? Check out:
- Smoker thermometers (including Bluetooth thermometers and also temperature controllers)
- Grill brushes
- Grilling knives (including brisket slicing knives)
- Gas grill covers
- Grill lights
Also consider checking our other articles: