Kabobs (kebabs, skewers, whatever you like to call them), are the signature dish of summer barbecue parties. However, kabobs are not just for the summer. Considering the variety of combinations you can make using meat, veggies, and/or seafood, there is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to enjoy kabobs all year long.
Every cook has his or her own tricks for making the perfect kabob, but one thing is certain – to make kabobs, you need a good grill. So what is the best grill for making tasty kabobs? Today, we show you some of the best grills available on the market these days that would be perfect for your next kabob party.
Table of Contents
Cuisinart CGG-059 Grillster 8,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill
The Cuisinart CGG-059 Grillster 8,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill is a great choice if all you want is to be able to grill some kabobs quickly. This is a compact gas grill that is practically ready to use right out of the box – all you need is a standard 1-lb gas canister.
This grill is quite compact, but it still gives you a grilling area of a decent size. More precisely, you’ll get 146 square inches of cooking space with this grill. This is enough for 4 large kabobs, or 8-10 smaller ones.
- 146-SQUARE-INCH ENAMELED STEEL COOKING GRATE: 146-square-inches of enameled steel grates give you a spacious cooking surface and is also dishwasher safe, making cleaning the grates a breeze use after use.
- 8, 000 BTU burner works with 1 lb. Propane tank: features an 8, 000 BTU burner, a push to Ignite start button, and is compatible with a 1 lb. Propane tank giving you ultimate portability.
- Compact enough to take anywhere: The grill measures 19 x 11. 5 x 10 inches and weighs only 10 lbs. , making it easy for transport and ideal for decks, patios and balconies, camping, Tailgating and more.
- Grill hood lifts out of the way: the hood lifts up to give total access to the grate. It's attached to the base, and can easily latch and lock Back in place to securely carry or store.
- Fast and easy setup: The grill requires no assembly and can be set up and ready for grilling in under 10 minutes without the need for tools or matches.
This grill features a single 8,000 BTU burner, but thanks to the streamlined design this burner produces enough heat to get a nice sear on your kabobs. The cooking grates are made of enameled steel which makes them durable and easy to clean.
The Cuisinart CGG-059 Grillster 8,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill comes with a lid with a large handle on top. The lid can be lifted all the way up for easy access to the grilling area. The legs on this cute little grill are also foldable, and the lid can be locked. Thanks to this, it’s easy to store this grill and carry it around if needed.
Compact grill with a considerably large cooking surface
Extremely portable thanks to the foldable legs, lockable cover, and the large carrying handle
Fast and easy setup
Automatic ignition with a push of a button
Perfect size for kabobs
The outside of the grill gets hot when in use
Char-Broil Standard Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Char-Broil is one of the most well-known names in the world of girls, no matter if we are talking about gas or charcoal girls. In fact, they have been on the market since 1948, so they must know a thing or two about how to make good girls.
The Char-Broil Standard Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill is a simple, but functional unit. It’s a compact, portable grill, that gives you 187 square inches of cooking space which is just about right for a round of kabobs. The shape of the grill and the cooking area is rectangular, which means you can maximize the use of space when making kabobs.
- Additional limited-time savings reflected in current price
- 190-Square-in. Cooking surface enough for 11 burgers
- Dimensions: 24. 1W x 12. 3D x 15H in.
- Steel body in Black finish with chromed Folding legs
- 11, 000 BTU burner
This grill includes a lid and foldable legs. The legs fold over the lid for storage, safely locking the lid to the grill. Just because this grill is portable, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use it at home.
In fact, if you are using it in your backyard the fact that you can store this compact grill indoors when not in use actually makes life a little bit easier.
The Char-Broil Standard Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill is equipped with a 11,000-BTU burner. It was designed to be used with 16.4 oz or 14.1 oz. propane cylinders.
The quality stainless steel construction makes this grill extremely durable
The handles on the sides always remain cold
Large rectangular cooking area
Compact when folded, portable and stores well
Removable lid included
Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill
When making kabobs, grilling them over charcoal is the only way to get that unbeatable smokey taste and the perfect sear. That’s why we chose the Weber 10020 Smokey Joe charcoal grill as one of our best grills for kabobs.
This 14-inch grill is perfect for grilling at home (if you are not having a huge party), and it also works well for camping and similar outings. The grilling surface (and the whole grill) is round, and it measures 14 inches. This will allow you to grill at least 4 large kabobs at the same time.
- Holds up to five burgers made with a Weber burger press
- Compact and lightweight for grilling on the go
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Dampers allow you to easily control the temperature inside your grill
- Durable plated steel cooking grate retains heat and is easy to clean. Dimensions - Lid closed 17 H x 14.2 W x 14.5 D inches
The Weber 10020 Smokey Joe charcoal grill is a simple, but well-made grill. The bowl and the lid are covered with porcelain enamel which makes them easy to clean and also allows them to hold heat really well. Thanks to the dampers on the bottom, you can easily control the temperature inside the grill.
A compact and lightweight grill
The porcelain-enameled bowl and lid retain heat really well
Durable plated steel cooking grates
Functional, streamlined design
Good value for money
No handles on the sides
Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
The Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill is a grill for those looking for a serious grill to make their kabobs. This outdoor gas grill is quite large, offering as much as 529 square inches of cooking space.
This grill comes with its own cart, with a foldable side table, a warming rack, and even with hooks for you to hang your grilling tools. In short – it’s a complete grilling unit for your backyard.
This grill from Weber features 3 gas burners that give you a total of 30, 000 BTU of grilling power. Moreover, with this grill you get Weber’s signature flavorizer bars.
These bars go over the gas burners so they can catch the drippings and make them sizzle, thus imparting the irresistible grilled taste to your food. Any drippings that remain are securely funneled into the disposable grease tray.
We do love the disposable grease trays as cleaning the grease from the tray is one of the worst parts of grilling.
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width - 42 inches
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels.Built-in lid thermometer
With disposable trays, you just throw them away! Finally, another nice thing about this grill is the fact that the grilling grates are made of cast iron coated with porcelain enamel.
This means they retain heat really well thanks to cast iron, and the porcelain enamel coating makes them easier to clean. Overall, an amazing grill that can do much more than just make kabobs, but it’s also perfect for that.
A very large grilling area
Well-built and durable
Includes a warming rack
The porcelain-enameled cooking grates retain heat and spread it evenly
The flavorizer bars impart taste to your food.
A little complicated to assemble
So what is the best grill for making kabobs? It’s hard to say. Do you want a grill that you will use specifically for kabobs, or something that can do much more? If you are looking for a serious top-notch grill that will serve you for years to come, the Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill might be the right choice.
However, if you are looking for something smaller but functional, and maybe don’t want to invest as much money, the Cuisinart CGG-059 Grillster 8,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill might be perfect.
Finally, if you prefer to grill over charcoal, you might want to look into the Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill. Whatever you choose, we hope this guide has helped you find the perfect grill for kabobs!