Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
The best thing about getting a grill for your outdoor kitchen is the fact that you can go crazy and get just the grill you like. If you are building an outdoor kitchen, you can probably allow yourself to get a larger grill without worrying about space constraints, portability, and storage.
However, the grill is really the star of the outdoor kitchen, so it can be hard to choose the right one. Today, we have come up with a couple of suggestions for the best grill to get for your outdoor kitchen.
See also our suggestions for:
Best Free-Standing Gas Grill For Outdoor Kitchen
Weber is one of the most respected names in the world of girls and the Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill is one of their all-time best sellers. In short, this is a great grill. With 529 square inches of cooking space with the addition of a warming rack, this grill is not huge (but it isn’t a grill for small spaces) but is large enough for hosting some serious back-yard parties.
One thing we loved about this grill is the fact that you can control the three gas burners separately. This means you can use only as much space as you need, which is perfect for outdoor kitchens (but it’s not meant to be a grill for small apartments). Moreover, you can also use this feature to cook different foods that require different temperatures at the same time.
- Boasts the GS4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Glamorizer Bars, and grease Management system.Durable all-weather wheels : 2. Stainless steel burners : 3
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners. Left Table down width - 42 inches
- 30, 000 BTU-per-hour input main burners with fuel gauge
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels.Built-in lid thermometer
Other than that, this grill also includes a stylish lid that you can put down for slow roasts, or lift all the way up when you don’t need it. There is also a warming tray. This grill comes with its own cart, which is quite well designed overall.
There is a foldable side table and hooks to hang your tools. The cart also has wheels on two of the legs, so it’s not hard to move this grill around your yard, even though it’s quite heavy.
Large cooking area
A well-built and functional unit
Includes a thermometer built into the lid
Includes a warming rack
Porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates spread heat evenly
Features a grease-management system using disposable grease trays
The frame is prone to dents
Assembling the grill can be a little complicated
Best Built-In Gas Grill For Outdoor Kitchen
The Angus Grill Head form Bull Outdoor Products is a great choice for those looking for a grill that can be built into the existing kitchen cabinets in your outdoor kitchen. This grill is a very powerful high-quality unit that is also quite versatile.
You get four gas burners that you can control separately each of them with a power of 15,000 BTU. This results in a total of 60,000 BTU, but that’s not all. This grill from Bull Outdoor Products also includes a rear infrared burner with another 15,000 BTU of grilling power.
Thanks to this back burner, this grill can really achieve an even cooking temperature across the grilling area.
- 75, 000 BTU's of cooking power, heats up fast and can easily sear your favorite cuts of meat
- 4 Cast Stainless Steel Bar Burners for years of even heating and trouble free cooking
- 304 stainless Steel construction, a single piece dual lined Hood and solid stainless steel grates
- 810 sq. Inches of cooking surface including warming rack
- Reliable Piezo igniters on every valve plus twin lighting system
The Angus Grill Head form Bull Outdoor Products is a great choice for those looking for a grill that can be built into the existing kitchen cabinets in your outdoor kitchen. This grill is a very powerful high-quality unit that is also quite versatile. You get four gas burners that you can control separately each of them with a power of 15,000 BTU.
This results in a total of 60,000 BTU, but that’s not all. This grill from Bull Outdoor Products also includes a rear infrared burner with another 15,000 BTU of grilling power. Thanks to this back burner, this grill can really achieve an even cooking temperature across the grilling area.
Large grilling area and warming rack
Sturdy stainless steel construction
Includes useful accessories like the rotisserie motor and the smoker box
A little complicated to assemble
Burner controls could be more precise
Best Free-Standing Charcoal Grill For Outdoor Kitchen
Gas grills are powerful and efficient, but for many people, a grill is not a grill unless it runs on charcoal. This is because it’s hard to achieve that unique, smokey taste without actual smoke. If this is a description of you, you might want to choose the Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker for your outdoor kitchen.
The Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker is a fairly large cart-mounted grill. In total, this grill offers 800 square inches of cooking space. In reality, what this means is that the main grilling area gives you 438 square inches of space to work with.
- 811 Square Inches: Includes 443 sq. in. porcelain-enameled steel wire cooking grates, 184 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack and 184 sq. in. offset smoker.
- Tasty Smoke Flavors: The offset smoker is firmly attached to grill to ensure good circulation of heat and smoke. Easy to open side door to add charcoal and remove ashes; air vent stokes fire instantly.
- Adjustable Pan: 2-level height-adjustable charcoal pan creates better heat control and holds up to 4.4 lbs. of coal.
- Temperature Monitor: Lid-mounted thermometer gauge helps check and monitor the cooking temperature and you can cook with great confidence.
- Ample Space: Front and side tables offer workspace for seasonings and grilling tools. The bottom shelf provides extra storage space and holds up to only 20 lb. accessories when they are evenly distributed.
However, you get an additional 183 square inches in the offset smoker area. The smoker box can also be used as a smaller grill. It’s your choice – smoke a brisket while grilling, or use the smoker box as a grill for your side-dishes, for example. Finally the remaining 179 square inches of cooking space refers to the spacious warming rack.
Features a large grilling area and a spacious warming rack
The access door on the side makes it easy to take care of the coals
Great value for money
No ignition system
Assembly instructions are not the most clear
Best Grill And Smoker Combo For Outdoor Kitchen
If you are looking for a grill that you can use for roasting and smoking meat too in your outdoor kitchen, the Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill might be the right choice for you.
This combo-grill runs on gas, but it allows you to achieve the smokey flavor thanks to the smoker box. The smoker box is side-mounted, so you can add chips without opening the lid which is really great.
The Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill features a large roasting and smoking area. You can easily fit a 21-pound turkey inside. In fact, according to the manufacturer, you can roast up to 25 pounds of meat at a time. On top of that, you also get 180 square inches of grilling space.
- The Big Easy Smoker Roaster & Grill lets you smoke, roast and grill - all in one
- TRU-Infrared technology cooks food evenly and juicy with no flare-ups
- Holds up to 25 lbs for roasting and has 180 square inches of cooking area for grilling
- Custom designed to be a perfect fit for Char-Broil's The Big Easy Smoker, Roaster & Grill
- Rugged heavy-duty grey PVC cover repels water, snow, wind, and assorted debris to keep your Big Easy safe and dry
Thanks to the TRU-Infrared technology, the temperature is really evenly distributed inside this grill, and the removable grease tray makes clean-up a breeze. In short, if you are looking for a versatile grill that can perform a variety of tasks, this might be what you are looking for.
You get a smoker, a roaster, and a grill, all in one
Easy to set up and use
Thanks to the TRU-Infrared technology, this grill cooks food really evenly
It can be a little tricky to achieve the right temperature
What is the best grill for your outdoor kitchen? It highly depends on your preferences and the design of your outdoor kitchen.
For example, if you already have kitchen cabinets, you might want to get a grill that can be mounted on an existing cabinet, like the Bull Outdoor Products BBQ 47629 Angus 75,000 BTU Grill Head.
On the other hand, if the grill will be out in the open, you might want to get something that is easy to move when you need to store it away from the rain. In that case, you might want to look into the Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill which is a fairly large grill, but still easily movable. In any case, we hope this guide has helped!
Didn’t find what you are looking for? See also other grills: