Grilling and going to the beach go hand in hand together. They are the perfect combination. Whether you like to barbecue at the beach or you live in a coastal area you may want to consider purchasing a grill that is recommended for salt air. Living near the beach and ocean can actually lessen a grill’s lifespan.
You probably didn’t know that the salt air can ruin your grill, but it can. You can cover it and that can help some, but over time it will take its toll. Stainless steel grills are a bit more resistant to be corroded, but they must be made with high-quality stainless steel.
If you live near the beach and you are wanting to know what the best grill for salt air is, then continue to read below. There are options available.
Table of Contents
Char-Broil Performance Series™ T47G
If you live close to the beach and you want a grill that is good will salt air, will look good on your deck, and is large enough for entertaining, then the Char-Broil may be the one you are looking for.
It has a beautiful stainless-steel finish that is durable and great with salt air. The burners are also stainless steel, which provides even cooking and rust resistance.
There is 425 square inches of cooking space, which allows for twenty hamburgers to be cooked at the same time, and there is also a warming rack that is 150 square inches, so you can warm up buns, or keep food warm while you are still cooking, and the warming rack is a swing-away rack too.
- Exclusive Stainless Steel finish for increased style and durability
- Stainless Steel burners emit flame from the top to allow for even cooking
- Porcelain-coated grease pan is durable and can be removed for easy cleaning
- Porcelain coated cast-iron grates are rust-resistant and made to last
- Reliable electric ignition to fire up your grill and 10, 000 BTU side burner
This grill has 10,000 BTU cooking power. There are four burners along with a side burner, which is perfect for sauces or preparing other foods. The side burner folds down when it isn’t being used, which is great for added work space.
10,000 BTU Cooking Power
A Side Burner That Folds Down When Not in Use
Stainless Steel Design and Construction
425 Square Inches of Cooking Space
150 Square Inches Warming Rack That Swings Away
Two Side Shelves Made With Stainless Steel
Temperature Gauge on the Lid
Two Wheels for Easy Mobility
Removable Grease Tray
Easy to Use
Three Year Warranty
Hard to Assemble
Instructions for Assembly is Difficult to Understand
Takes Hours to Assemble
Doesn’t Have Even Heat
The Char-Broil stainless steel grill is the perfect grill for any deck or patio by the beach, because the grill and frame are made with durable stainless steel, which is recommended for people who live by the coast.
There is plenty of cooking space as it has 425 square inches along with an additional 150 square inches with the warming rack.
You will be able to control the temperature and heat with this model, because there is a temperature gauge on the lid, and there are knobs to reduce or raise the heat.
The is an additional burner to use for sauces or cooking, and when you aren’t using the additional burner it folds down to provide more work space. The Char-Broil Stainless Steel 4-Burner grill is one of the best grills for salt air, and it also performs great too!
George Foreman 22460 Indoor and Outdoor Grill
Are you looking for a grill that is not only good with salt air, and one you can use even when the weather is bad? If you are, then this particular brand and model is an excellent option.
The George Foreman is an indoor and outdoor grill that you can use anytime you want. It is easy to use, because it is electric, so you don’t have to worry about hauling propane tanks and charcoal every time you want to grill.
There is 240 square inches of cooking space with this grill, and it is a circular surface, so you can make fifteen hamburgers at the same time on this grill.
It also has a fat removing slope with the grill, and this removes nearly 50% of unwanted fats. The grease drip tray collects the grease, and all you have to do is empty.
- 15+ Servings - It’s tailgate time! The 240 square inches of circular grilling surface lets you make over 15 servings for large groups of people ,Has Temperature Indicator Light
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating; it’s durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil, Has Temperature Indicator Light
- Indoor/Outdoor Removable Stand - Don’t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time. Adjustable Temperature Control - The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
- Apartment-Approved - Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do because the fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups
- Tip-can control moisture of foods, to some extent, by opening or closing lid vent. Turn lid handle or vent clockwise to open vent for drier cooking. Turn counterclockwise to hold in moisture for moister meats. Light on temperature control probe will cycle on and off as grill thermostat maintains proper temperature. This is normal operation. Note-condensation may collect on inside of lid when cooking.Approx. 38 inches high including pedestal
There are five different heat settings with the George Foreman. It doesn’t matter what type of foods you are cooking you will be able to have the right temperature.
There is another wonderful feature with this model, and it is the tip-can control The tip-can control will allow you to keep meats moister by just opening the vent lid.
Indoor and Outdoor Usage
240 Square Inches of Circular Cooking Space
Five Heat Settings
Ability to Control Moisture
1600 Watts of Cooking Power
Fat Removing Slope Cooking Grate
Can Cook Fifteen Burgers at the Same Time
Removable Grease Tray
Easy to Operate
Three Year Warranty
Low Heat Areas
Smokey for Indoor Cooking
Temperature Knob Gets Very Hot
This is a great grill that is so easy to use. You don’t have to worry about gas or charcoal, because it just plugs into any regular house outlet. There is plenty of cooking space on the circular grate as you can cook fifteen burgers at the same time, which is perfect when you are entertaining.
This is one of the easiest grills to clean. The cooking grate has an amazing nonstick coating, then the fat slope removes all unwanted grease and fat. This is an attractive grill.
You can use this grill indoors or outside, so you can enjoy barbecue anytime you want, and since it is an indoor and outdoor grill you can stow it away indoors when you’re not using it, so it is one of the best grills for salt air. This is a George Foreman grill, so you know it comes with power.
Z Grills ZPG-450A 2019 Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
Have you been hearing all the positive praises about pellet grills, and you were wondering if they hold up in salt air? You will be pleased to hear that they are. The Z Grills wood pellet grill is easy to use, and it looks great too. There is a digital temperature control, and you can see it clearly with the LED panel.
This particular model has 450 square inches of cooking space along with a hopper that is fifteen pounds. There is plenty of work space with this grill as there is a foldable one.
The Z Grills provides you with numerous grilling options such as grilling, baking, barbecuing, roasting, smoking, and braising. You won’t find that with any other grill.
- Ultimate 6-in-1-- barbecue wood fire pellet grill: bbqbakeroastbraisesmokegrill
- Fan-forced Convection cooking-eliminates the need for a rotisserie and creates a versatile environment for grilling, roasting, smoking, braising and baking.
- 2019 UPGRADE--Temperature and Pellet Feed Control System. The new upgrade digital control board auto ignites the grill and allows you to set the cooking temperature from 180°f to 450°f.
- Automated electric feed system-maintains the heat for you from 180ºf to 450ºf and produce the optimal amount of smoke. Just set it and let it work: No more babysitting. Enjoy the cooking!
- HUGE GRILLING AREA--450 Square inches grilling area; 15-pound hopper capacity. Foldable working shelf; heavy duty all terrain wheels; rust proof cover & racks
Your first grilling experience will shock and impress you. You will get that wood flavor without having the mess with charcoal.
The grill temperature can range from 180 degrees to 450 degrees, and with the digital temperature control it will add any of the pellets that the grill needs without you doing a thing. Cooking doesn’t get any easier than that!
25,000 BTU Cooking Power
450 Square Inches of Cooking Space
Automatic Temperature Control
Purge System with the Pellets
A Six in One Grill
One Button Starts Grill
Wood Smoke Flavor
Easy to Use
Three Year Warranty
Instruction Manual Isn’t Easy to Understand
Takes Two People to Assemble
Preheating Takes Thirty Minutes
The Z Grills wood pellet 6 in 1 grill is one of the best grills on the market, especially if you want your grill to do more than just grill. You can smoke, bake, roast, braise, barbecue, and grill with this model. It’s easy to use even for people who have never used the wood pellet grill.
There is a digital control that automatic controls the temperature that you want. It also has an advance system for the pellet feeding.
The Z Grills wood pellet grill is very durable, and it is water resistant, which makes this one of the best grills for salt air, and they also give buyers a free grill cover that is also water proof, so your grill will always be protected.
The above three grills are just a few of the best grills for salt air. They each come with their own pros and cons. If you live by the ocean, then you definitely want a grill that is meant to handle salt air, so your grill will last you for many years.