You might not be grilling that often or you might not have the space to have a bigger grill so it makes sense to not spend as much as if you were grilling every day.
Let’s take a look at the budget options.
Table of Contents
- 1 Electric Grills
- 2 Best Charcoal Grill under $250
- 3 Which is the Best Type of Grill under $250?
- 4 What to Look for in a Gas Grill Under $250
- 5 Final Thoughts
Electric grills are usually very reasonably priced and are more economical in the long run than either charcoal or gas because the electricity is generally cheaper than charcoal and gas bottles.
In this article, we are going to look at some of the best grills out there which are under $250. I have chosen one charcoal grill, one gas and one electric.
Best Charcoal Grill under $250
Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker
This charcoal grill is a great size, giving you plenty of cooking room. You will be able to entertain very easily. The total cooking space is 800 square inches; 438 square inches on the main grill, 183 square inches on the smoker and 179 square inches on a swing rack.
The best type of fuel to use is lump charcoal or briquette. Adding a few wood chips to the mix will increase the smoky flavor of your food.
- Traditional charcoal grill with offset smoker combination for dual style barbecue. The offset smoker can also be used as a small grill. Please fuel it using lump charcoal or briquet, with a small amount of wood chips added to help increase flavor.
- Spacious porcelain-coated cooking grates, retain heat evenly helping to lock in the juices and make your meat more tender. And also easy to clean.
- Removal charcoal, ashes pan allow users to tend charcoal and dump ashes easily. Ignition Type-No Ignition System
- Total 800 square inches of cooking surfaces, 438 square inches of main chamber,183 square inches of side box for either charcoal grilling or smoking, plus 179 square inches of swing-away rack. Assembly required.
- Additional features as smoke stack, temperature gauge, scald-proof handle, seamless connection, access door on side to tend charcoal, side air vent, and portable to transport. New black coating process, withstands temperature up to 400? and will not peel off easily.
The cooking grate is coated in porcelain which retains the heat. This makes your meat tender and it is also very easy to clean as there is a removable pan for ashes.
Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
This gas grill has plenty of room for cooking. The cooking surface measures 15.9” wide by 18.5” deep and there is 300 square inches of cooking space.
It won’t be too difficult to entertain with this grill. In addition, there is an additional 100 square inches of cooking space on a rack. You can cook sides and warm burger buns on this. It measures 13.2” wide x 7.4” deep.
The grates are made of porcelain-coated cast iron which are resistant to rust so you can expect to have this grill for a good few years. The lid is made of durable stainless steel. The burners are also made of stainless steel and give you a wide temperature range.
- 2-burner, 24,000-BTU Cabinet Gas Grill
- 300 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 100 square inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates
- Stainless steel lid and UFC provide stylish durability, and features a lid-mounted temperature gauge for added heat control
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups. Metal side shelves fold down when not in use
- Convenient access storage cabinet to store propane tank and accessories. Grill sits on 4 casters, two of which lock for mobility and stability
There are side shelves which give you space to store accessories and also to prepare food. There is also a removable porcelain-coated grease pan which means that it is easy to clean.
Giantex 1350W Electric BBQ Grill Non-Stick
This electric grill is easy to assemble so don’t worry that it’s going to be difficult. Assembly steps are shown in picture form with written instructions as well.
The grill comes with a stand and a base with five feet making it sturdy. The grill is completely supported so you don’t have to worry that it’s going to collapse while you are cooking. There is 240 square inches of cooking space so you will easily be able to cook a meal for the family and even a few friends.
- 〖Easy to Install and Maintain Tidy〗- All parts are listed clearly and given a number. Assembly steps are also shown in picture form and with text explanation for your reference. You just need to clean the grill plate and grease collecting bowl with warm washing-up water and damp cloth. Before cleaning, please disconnect the appliance from electricity supply and allow the grill to cool completely.
- 〖Detachable Temperature Regulator and Indicator〗- The temperature regulator is detachable. You can set the temperature regulator to the required temperature level which usually takes about three minutes to heat up. The temperature indicator will go out when the set temperature reach, which ensures safe usage of the grill.
- 〖Stand with Appropriate Height and Sturdy Base〗- The grill comes with a stand and base. The stand height is appropriate and easy for you to access. Five feet base makes the grill sturdy and strongly supports the grill and food inside it.
- 〖Fat Collecting Bowl and Condiment Tray〗- Collecting bowls can perfectly collect grease and make the grill maintain clean and tidy. Condiment tray assembled on the stand is designed for storing seasoning and is easy to access. Besides, it can also be 360 degree rotate to meet your demands. The material of both tray and bowl is clean and healthy.
- 〖Perfect Metal Grill Hood and Plate〗- Grill plate is divided into three areas which is good for you to cook different kinds of food in three different areas. With high-quality non-stick coating, you can use tongs or scoop to turn the grilled food and prevent food being burned.
There is a bowl which collects the grease from your food making the grill easier to clean. Before cleaning remember to disconnect the appliance from the electricity supply and wait until it’s cooled down.
Which is the Best Type of Grill under $250?
The answer to this question is emphatically a charcoal grill. You can get a good charcoal grill for much less than $250, but you do have to remember that you will have to buy charcoal for it and the price of this might make it more expensive than other types of grills in the long run.
However, a charcoal grill could last you a good 10 years while a low-cost gas grill might only last for 2 or 3 years depending on how often you use it, the climate and what you cook on it.
For example, acidic marinades are not good for grills as they can corrode the metal. Yes, a gas grill is easier to use. You just attach a gas bottle and turn on the ignition. On the other hand, many people believe that a charcoal grill gives a more authentic flavor.
What to Look for in a Gas Grill Under $250
Go for the simplest grill out there. You don’t want a grill with lots of burners and features. These cost money and if the grill is cheap you can assume that these extras are of poor quality.
I would recommend getting a grill with between 250 and 300 square inches of cooking space and 2 burners. Look at the burners before buying and if you can bend the metal, don’t buy the grill.
A way to protect your burners is by coating them in cooking oil. However, oil breaks down at high temperatures so be prepared to coat the burners regularly. This will stop them from rusting and will extend their life.
If you are looking for a grill under $250 you should look at the smaller ones. If they are bigger, they possibly won’t be as well-made and durable. Most people are looking for a grill that is going to last a few years, not just one summer.
You probably get more for your money if you buy a charcoal grill as prices are higher for electric and gas grills. However, they do make more mess and aren’t as controllable as electric or gas. On the other hand, charcoal grills give your food that authentic smoky flavor which many people love.
I hope that this article has given you an insight into what’s available if you are looking for a grill under $250. You can buy gas, charcoal and electric grills around this price so you will be spoilt for choice.