Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
If you have a backyard, a garden, a patio, or any kind of outdoor space near your house but don’t have a grill, you are definitely missing out. Being able to throw a barbecue party is arguably the best part of having access to an outdoor space.
However, choosing the right grill is not an easy choice. Girls can, and often do get quite pricey(we have our pick for grill under $1000 for example), but the truth is, you don’t really have to spend a fortune to get a top-notch grill(to find the best grill for Your money). Today, we’ll show you 4 amazing grills that cost less than $400 but consider checking the best grills for less than $500 also.Invalid table id.
Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
Weber grills are definitely a classic in the world of barbecue and the Spirit II series is part of the new generation of Weber grills. The Weber Spirit II E-210 is the smaller grill in the Spirit II series but the truth is, it’s not really that small! In fact, it gives you 450 square inches of grilling space over the two burners, which is honestly quite enough even for parties that are not overly large.
Moreover, we do believe this is the perfect gas grill(finding a perfect gas grill for under $300 is also possible) for anyone that is just entering the world of barbecue (although even seasoned chefs might not have any complaints). The Weber Spirit II E-210 grill features Weber’s newest grilling system called Gs4.
What is means is that you get two durable stainless steel burners, covered with Weber’s signature Flavorizer bars. The flavorizer bars protect the burners while also evaporating the drippings from your food, thus giving it the unique taste of barbecue.
- Your purchase includes One Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill in Black color
- Grill dimensions: Lid Open - 57"H x 48"W x 26"D. Lid Closed - 44.5"H x 48"W x 27"D. Each cooking grate is 10.16” x 17.5", for a combined measurement of approximately 20.32" x 17.5"
- Propane gas grill works with Standard 20 lb LP tank.
- Features: Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates, porcelain-enameled lid, iGrill 3 compatible (accessory sold separately), Built-in lid thermometer, Fold-down left side table, Open cart design, Fuel gauge, Stainless steel heat deflector, Panel frame
- Two burner grill is built to fit small spaces, and packed with features such as the powerful GS4 grilling system
Finally, this grill also features a nice stainless steel control panel and two foldable side tables. We especially like the side tables – they are infinitely useful while you are grilling, as you can place the food, condiments, and anything you need on them and have it right within your arms reach.
When you are done, you can simply fold down the side tables so the grill takes up much less space.
Well-built and durable
Easy and precise temperature control
Easy to clean
Comes with a 10-year warranty
Can be a little hard to assemble
Weber 51010001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
While the Weber Spirit II E-210 grill (reviewed above) is amazing, you can’t really take it camping or to the beach with you. If what you are looking for is a grill that will look great in your backyard, but which you can also take with you to different locations for tailgating or camping, then the Weber 51010001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill is definitely the right choice.
This grill is completely portable, but it will also look very nice in your backyard. You can even choose between 7 different colors of the exterior, so it fits right in with the rest of your outdoor furniture.
This grill is not too small either – it offers 189 square inches of grilling space. This is certainly enough to make a meal for two people or a small family.
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Fully assembled out of box
- Easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings
- Uses disposable 14.1 or 16.4 oz. LP cylinder (sold separately)
The Weber Q1200 grill features a single stainless steel burner which gives you 8500 BTU of grilling power. Just like all Weber girls, it also features porcelain-enameled cast iron grates. Cast iron is simply the best choice or material for grilling grates:
it retains heat and spreads it evenly, which coincidentally also creates beautiful grill marks on your food while cooking it to perfection.
Folds down neatly for maximum portability
The aluminum lid and body are sturdy but not too heavy
Fully assembled right out of the box
Might be too small if you are cooking for bigger groups of people
Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker
Kamado-style girls like this one grom Char-Griller are a modern twist on an ancient cooking method. They are becoming more and more popular in recent years, and there are some really good reasons for this.
This grill runs on charcoal, and with the lid open, you can use it just like any charcoal grill. However, with the lid closed, it easily turns into a smoker, or it can be used to cook large cuts of meat slowly with amazing results.
The Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker features a round (due to the round shape of the grill) grilling area with a total of 314 square inches of space. However, this grill also includes a nice warming rack that can be attached to the grilling grates or removed when not in use.
- KAMADO CHARCOAL GRILL - Kamado style BBQ Grill & Smoker perfect for both high heat grilling and low and slow cooking
- LARGE COOKING AREA - 20 inch Cooking Diameter with 447 square inch total Cooking Area can cook up to 27 burgers at once
- BEST IN CLASS FEATURES - Triple-Walled Steel Insulated Design, Cast Iron Grates, Locking Lid, 8" Locking Caster Wheels, Removable Warming Rack, Bottom Storage Shelf, and Foldable Side Shelf Workstations with BBQ Tool Storage Hooks
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN - Control the heat levels with ease using the indexed adjustable dual dampers and thermometer, and quickly clean up after grilling using the removable Easy Dump Ash Pan
- DIMENSIONS - 31”L x 45”W x 47”H, 97 lbs (pairs with the Char-Griller 6755 AKORN Grill Cover and 6201 AKORN Smokin' Stone, both sold separately)
Another thing we loved about this grill are the materials used. The grill grates are made of cast iron, which is a really good choice of material. On the other hand, the body of the grill is made of stainless steel.
The body is actually triple-walled to provide the best possible insulation. Thanks to this any temperature between 200 and 700 degrees Fahrenheit can be easily reached and maintained with this grill.
The Kamado-style design provides insulation
Uses fuel efficiently
Features dampers on the top and the bottom for precise temperature control
Foldable side tables give you extra cooking space
This grill is really heavy, so it’s a little difficult to move it even though it includes a stand with large wheels
Weber Original Kettle Premium 26-Inch Charcoal Grill
Weber’s kettle grills are somewhat similar in shape to Kamado-style girls, and they also work in a similar way. The Weber Original Kettle Premium 26-Inch Charcoal Grill is the biggest of their kettle grills, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it offers ample grilling space.
More precisely, there is 508 square inches of grilling space, which is enough to fit 19 standard-sized burgers. Needless to say, with this much space, you can feed a whole party!
- Your purchase includes One Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill in Black | 2 Char-Baskets & Stainless Steel Hinge Cooking grate
- Grill dimensions: Lid Closed – 42.9"H x 27"W x 33"D | Primary cooking area – 508 square inches | Lid weight – 15 lbs. | Stand-alone grill
- One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher provides hassle-free ash cleanup
- Slide the lid into the Tuck-Away lid holder on the side of the grill to avoid placing it on the ground
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel | Premium stainless steel cooking grate is hinged for easily adding charcoal while grilling
The thing we probably like the most about the Weber Original Kettle Premium 26-Inch Charcoal Grill is how sturdy and durable it is.
The lid and body are covered with porcelain enamel inside and out. This allows the grill to retain heat better. Moreover, the enamel is really high-quality so it doesn’t chip or peel off even after years of use.
Sturdy and durable construction
Comes with a built-in lid thermometer
Easy to clean
Retains heat really well
There are no side tables
Might be too large for some people
What grill should you buy? This, of course, depends on your personal preferences and needs. However, the point of this list was too show that you really don’t have to spend more than $400 to get a good grill (You can find grills for less than $250 also but with price comes the quality).
If you are working with limited space, the Weber 51010001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill is a great choice. It achieves results very similar to a full-sized grill, but takes up much less space! On the other hand, if space is not an issue, you might want to go with Weber 44010001 Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill.
On the other hand, if you prefer grilling over charcoal, the Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker and the Weber Original Kettle Premium 26-Inch Charcoal Grill are both great options. The final choice is up to you! Would You pick maybe a better grill for less than $500, it’s up to You.
Feel free to check out our lists: