Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
The best grills under 300 can enhance your outdoor cooking experience further. There’s nothing more pleasurable than getting the family out for some fun grilling activity during summertime.
A grill is a good investment for any home. It’s useful and allows you to feast on restaurant-quality pieces of meat. When shopping around for one, the last thing you want is to go over your budget. Also, you don’t want to compromise quality over price.
The $300 price point is a great place to start your search. Grills with a price tag of 300 or below can provide you essential features, including durability and exceptional performance. Likewise, you’ll be able to achieve an excellent sear on your steaks. See how things stand in our picks:
But with so many options out there, finding the right one that fits your needs can be difficult. Thankfully, this list can help you out. From gas to charcoal, and everything in between, here are the best grills below 300 dollars:
Table of Contents
- Things To Consider When Looking For The Best Grills Under 300
In a hurry? This is our winner!
- GAS GRILL: Powered by liquid propane gas to grill without the hassle of charcoal, this grill runs on a 20-pound propane gas tank, not included. It reaches cooking temperatures quickly, delivers high temps and maintains even heat.
- COOKING AREA: Grill up to 14 burgers, 8 chicken breasts or 5 steaks on 360-square-inches of primary cooking space. You can cook meats and larger items on the main grates and delicate foods on the 170-square-inch warming rack.
- BTU RATING: This grill has a 30,000 BTU rating with three 10,000 BTU burners. *BTU is a measurement of energy used by your grill and is not related to how hot it will get. Grills with lower BTUs burn less fuel to cook your food.
- GRATES: These porcelain-coated wire grates offer fast warm-up and heat recovery time. They’re lightweight, making them easy to lift when removing to clean and economical to replace when it’s time.
- WARMING RACK: Use the warming rack for indirect cooking and to keep food warm. This warming rack automatically swings out of the way when you open the grill lid, so you can easily reach the food on your cooking grates.
Best Grills Under 300 – Runner Up
- 4-Burner, 36,000-BTU Cart-Style Gas Grill with 10,000-BTU Lidded Side Burner
- 475 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates plus 175 square inches of secondary cooking on porcelain-coated swing-away rack
- Stainless steel lid, handle and control panel add style and durability
- Removable grease pan for quick and simple cleaning; Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean with a Damp Cloth; Lid-mounted temperature gauge for added heat control
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups. Large metal side shelves offer work and prep space
Best Grills Under 300 – Comparison Table
Best Grills Under 300 – Reviews
The Char-Broil Classic 360 Gas Grill does not only look cool but delivers a heat of about 30,000 BTUs across its cooking surface. Our top pick for the best grills under 300 can cater to large meals for your entire family to enjoy (and how about our pick for grill under $250?).
This grill boast of a 26-inch wide x 14-inch deep cooking surface. On top of that, its grates are porcelain-coated. Thereby, it’s easy to clean, rust-resistant, and you don’t have to worry about your food sticking on it.
Not to be outdone, its interior features three stainless steel burners. Because of the steel material, they’re not only durable but can provide you with a superb cooking performance.
Another notable feature of the Char-Broil Classic 360 is its Piezo ignition system. The technology allows fast and reliable startups with a simple push of a button. What’s more, it also comes with a couple of metal side shelves for prepping your food and additional storage.
You’ll also like the two fixed legs of this outdoor kitchen equipment, which makes it pretty stable. On the other hand, its two 6 inches wheels make it portable and easy to maneuver around.
- Provides ample cooking space
- Porcelain-coated grates for easy cleanup and prevents food from sticking
- The swing-away warming rack provides a secondary cooking area
- Stainless steel inline burners are durable
- Features the Piezo ignition system of Char-Broil
- Features two 6-inches wheels for increased mobility
- It doesn’t have a temperature control
- Some users say that the paint on the inside peeled off when not in use for months
Char-Broil has been known for its high-quality grills. So it’s no surprise that our runner up for this best grills under 300 dollars is also from the brand (see the runner up in our under $500 grills review).
The Char-Broil Performance 475, just like the Classic 360 will not disappoint you in terms of classic grilling experience. It sports a traditional, handsome look in combination with attractive extras.
Aside from aesthetics, you’ll also love the performance of this gas grill. First, its 4 burners can deliver 36,000 BTUs of heat throughout its cooking surface. At 475 square inches, the surface is large enough to accommodate meals for everyone in one cooking session.
On the other hand, the lidded side of the burner delivers 10,000 BTU. That’s why it’s perfect for making your favorite sauces and sides. It even folds down to protect the burner when not in use. Plus, it doubles as an extra workspace as well.
Furthermore, it comes with porcelain-coated, cast-iron grates that are resistant to rusting. And of course, it will prevent your foods from sticking every time. You can also start cooking easily with a push of a button of its electronic ignition system.
The Performance 475 also features 6 inches wheels for easy portability and fixed legs to keep it in place.
- Large cooking surface features rust-resistant porcelain-coated, cast-iron grates
- The four stainless steel top-ported burners are long-lasting
- The swing-away warming rack provides a secondary cooking area
- Lidded side burner is ideal for preparing sauces or sides while grilling
- Electronic ignition system offers fast and reliable startups.
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge
- It’s heavier than other propane gas grills
- Users report that the wheels fell apart after a while
If you’re looking for a lightweight and compact best gas grills below 300, the Weber Q2200 is a great option. The propane gas grill may only come with one burner but it’s made of durable stainless steel. And check it out, it can produce a heat of 12,000 BTUs per hour (check how many BTUs produce gas grills for under $200).
This model is a restyled version of the Weber Q 220. It is crafted in the same superb performance and sleek style. However, the Q2200 comes with aesthetics that are not only functional but fun as well.
One of those is its larger grip handle and control knobs. There’s also the ergonomic side handles and sturdy front and rear cradles. And to make it even better, Weber made its fold-out side tables larger.
The split grates of this grill is another feature you’ll love about it as this allows for a grate/griddle cooking combo. Simply replace one of the grates with a compatible griddle from the Q 2000 series, and you’re good to go.
With this, you will be able to experience a new way to prepare your meals, from breakfast to dinner. The tall lid is ideal for grilling small birds and roasts. Since it comes with a large built-in thermometer, you’ll be able to monitor temperatures inside your grill.
This Weber grill is not just for home use. It’s also perfect for camping and tailgating because of its compact design and ample grilling surface.
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates for easy cleanups
- Cast aluminum lid and body ensures a long-lasting performance
- Built-in lid thermometer
- Folding side tables and removable catch pan
- Infinite control burner valve
- Electronic ignition for easy startups
- The cooking space may not be enough if you have a large family
- Propane cylinder is small, so you won’t get a lot of cooking time
- Some users say that the grill is not getting above 300F, while some experience excessive heat
The Cuisinart 4-Burner Gas Grill is one of the best grills under $300. This grill is the first full-size offering from Cuisinart and they made sure to build it to last and impress.
No doubt, this gas grill is impressive. The four burners can provide you with a cooking heat of 44,000 BTUs evenly spread across its large cooking surface. They also have separate heat control knobs, which means that you can cook different foods at different heat levels.
The cooking surface of this grill is 443 square inches. Aside from that, it also has an additional 202 square inches of space courtesy of its built-in warming rack. And for more space, it even has two 18 x 13 inches side tables, making it the perfect companion for your family cookouts.
Another worthy feature of the Cuisinart CGG-7400 features a start ignition that’s easy to twist. Meanwhile, its cast-iron grates are removable as well, making the cleanup process even easier. Plus, it is equipped with 2 large wheels, making the gas grill a breeze to move around on any flat surface.
- The generous cast iron cooking grate retains heat longer and radiates it more evenly than a wire grate
- Convenient warming rack
- Each burner lights independently with a simple twist of the control knob
- The four stainless steel burners give you maximum control over the heat
- Made from stainless steel
- Comes with an accurate thermometer on the cover
- No added side burner
- Some users complain of the griddle top peeling off
Smoke Hollow Masterbuilt 205 is another portable grill making its way on this list of the best grills below 300. There are many reasons that make this tabletop unit fantastic for BBQ-grillers who are always on the go.
Since it has a stainless steel construction, you can expect it to enjoy outdoor cooking with it for many years. You can bring on picnics, as well as on your camping, boating, tailgating trips. Of course, it’s especially perfect for your weekend backyard grilling.
Everything about this grill is portable, from its locking lid to its folding legs. And check this out, it features large front carry handles to make it easy to transport and store as well.
For its price, you’ll get a decent 205 square inches of stainless steel cooking surface. Even its drip stray is also constructed from the durable material. Along with that, it also comes with a chrome-plated 105 square inch warming rack for keeping your food warm.
So if you’re traveling or going on an adventure, this convenient gas grill is the perfect one to bring along. You won’t have trouble carrying it around and you’ll enjoy a nice, juicy piece of meat whenever you want.
- Features a 10,000 BTU Stainless Steel ‘U’ Burner
- Legs fold for portability
- Hood locks for easy transport and storage
- Works with disposable 1 pound propane gas cylinders
- Perfect for tailgating, camping, picnics, boating or anywhere your travels take you
- Not suitable if you have a large family or for gatherings
- Some users find its installation a bit difficult
Best Grills Under 300 – Buyers Guide
Things To Consider When Looking For The Best Grills Under 300
BTUs stands for British Terminal Units, which is the heat output measurement of the grill. Most grill enthusiasts believe that the more BTUs the powerful the burners are and the hotter the grill will be.
However, BTUs don’t provide you with the measurement of the heat given off. Instead, it is the amount of gas the burner utilizes. So when buying the best grills for under 300 dollars, it is advisable to compare their BTUs to their useable cooking surface.
The size of the cooking space you need will depend on how many people you’ll be cooking most of the time. For this, you can apply the 24 square inches general rule.
This is the amount of space that can accommodate a New York steak or an average chicken breast. Applying this rule also enables clearance around your meal. The last thing you want is to overcrowd your grill and make flipping difficult.
For most families, a grill with a 300 square inch cooking surface is enough. But for your barbecue parties, you need to have at least 450 to 500 square inch of space to cook. This is enough to cater around 24 hamburger patties with a size of 20.25 inches.
Size of the Grill Itself
A gas grill will require some backyard space and a level surface with plenty of clearance for its smoke. On the other hand, compact and portable grills are best for those who live in an apartment or have no backyard.
Number of Burners
The best grills below 300 with multiple burners let you set up various heating zones. Also, when you close their lid, they’ll provide you a convection performance. Likewise, some burners will allow you to reach your desired temperature faster and cook different kinds of food simultaneously.
Although you may not see a grill at this price point with six burners, two to three is enough for most cooks.
The best materials that can resist rust are stainless steel and cast aluminum. Furthermore, you’ll be able to tell how long your units and its burners will last by the how long the offered warranty by its manufacturer. Usually, a grill with a warranty of five to ten years is your best bet.
These best grills under 300 are quite irresistible. Not only will they exceed your expectations in terms of cooking performance, but they also look good in doing so. They’ll also serve you for many years to come, especially with proper care and upkeep, and try to be the best grills for the money.