It’s winter, it’s cold outside but there’s one thing you really need to satisfy those winter cravings…… a nice grilled steak. You don’t fancy braving the cold to use the outdoor grill, so now you’re looking for a solution.
Don’t worry we have your backs here at Alice’s Kitchen, bringing to you ‘’The Best Indoor Grill for Steaks’’. We’ve picked our top 5 picks of the best grills on the market with all the quality features, combining the multiple options available for you.
In a hurry? This is our winner!
Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill with Viewing Window and Removable Easy-to-Clean...
- Locks in juices and flavors: Sear at 450 degrees or use adjustable temperature dial to grill at lower heat for optimal grilling results.
- Enjoy grilling all year long: This indoor grill with hood has a high searing heat that locks in juices and flavors, and lid closes to give you signature grill marks. Serves up to 6 with 118 square-inch grilling surface.
- Keep an eye on your food: This indoor grill with hood comes with a convenient window in lid lets you watch food cook while keeping heat inside.
- Easy to clean: Indoor grill hood, plate, and extra-large drip tray are all removable and dishwasher safe.
- Less mess: Extra-large drip tray catches juices so they don't spill on your counter and it's dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
Last update on 2021-10-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
BEST INDOOR GRILL FOR STEAKS – Comparison Table
Last update on 2021-10-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
BEST INDOOR GRILL FOR STEAKS – Reviews
The Hamilton beach Electric Indoor grill has to be our top pick with it also being a popular choice for Amazon customers too.
It comes with a pleasantly surprising list of features with a 118 square inch grilling surface you can serve six people at a time, it’s easy to clean with all trays and grill plates being removable.
A small window allows you to check on your food whilst its cooking, a temperature dial to choose your grilling results and power and preheat lights that allow you to know exactly what’s going on during the cooking process.
- You can cook multiple steaks at one time allowing you to cater to bigger groups with ease.
- Comes with many useful features such as the temperature dials and the light indicators.
- Multiple uses for cooking as you can cook steaks, pancakes and sausages etc.
- It can be broken down making it easier when it comes to cleaning.
- You need to ensure that you are careful with what you put onto the grills as harsher cleaning products can wear away at the grill plates.
- It can sometimes be messy due to the grease produced from the foods being cooked.
The George Foreman offers a more affordable option to those who don’t want to be spending all the dollars on a top of the range grill, whilst still offering some of the same great features.
It’s a popular option for many shoppers due to 60 square inch smaller size, making it a more compact option. The plates are removable and dishwasher safe making it easier to clean and the improved heating elements mean that it now heats up 35 seconds faster.
If that wasn’t enough it also has a temperature indicator so that you know when it is ready.
- It has advanced George tough non-stick coating making it 3 times more durable and means that there is no need to use any butter or oils in the cooking process.
- It comes with a drip tray to catch any grease from your cooking making it a cleaner and easier process.
- The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat* from meats for lean, tasty meals.
- Its compact design means it takes up less space and can fit nicely onto any kitchen counter.
- Due to its smaller size it doesn’t have the capacity to cook as many items at one time, in contrast from the larger grills which are able to do this.
- It can sometimes release a smoky smell after being plugged in.
- The clips to hold the grill shut during cooking are flimsier making them more likely to break.
The Cuisinart Gridler is more than just a steak grill with its five uses in one product. Its multi-functioning and can be used as a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle, and half grill/half griddle (but not as a grill for smoking meat).
It quite simply has everything that you could want from an indoor grill. With its sturdy stainless-steel design and a floating cover which adjusts to the thickness of the foods that you are cooking.
It also features adjustable temperature controls and indicator lights to show when your temperature is right, and your food is cooked to perfection.
- The parts are removable and reversible and also dishwasher safe making it an easy appliance to clean.
- Additional features include gourmet recipes and a scraping tool to discard waste.
- The Gridler is able to reach and maintain high temperatures and only takes five to ten minutes to preheat.
- The two cooking surfaces massively increase the amount of food that can be cooked on it at one time. As a full griddle you are able to cook 6-8 normal sized pancakes at once and two to three large steaks. As a contact grill it has the capacity to cook four to six burgers at one time. This making it a crowd pleaser to those catering to larger crowds.
- Due to the flat surface the grease doesn’t run off as easily meaning it needs more of a scrub after cooking.
- Using non-stick sprays on this appliance can wear away at the plates.
The New house Kitchen Electric grill is here to cater to all of your grilling needs, minus the smoke that you’d get from a barbeque.
It comes with a built-in temperature control knob that allows you to reach the grill marks that you love minus the smoke. The grill comes with cool touch handles, making it safer when touching the grill handles whilst it is cooking or still hot.
The grill top and water tray are easily removable and dishwasher safe meaning that you don’t have to do all the scrubbing yourself!
- The grill cooking surface contains various heat zones meaning that you can cook a selection of foods all at the same time. Whether this be steak fish or vegetables etc.
- When the temperature exceeds its maximum the grill will shut off automatically.
- You get the feel as though you are cooking on a barbeque indoors and smoke free.
- The grill can take a while to heat up and reach the necessary temperatures.
- After multiple uses and washes the grill coating and drip tray coating is susceptible to peel off.
No products found.
This smokeless indoor grill by Phillips is brought to you with the advanced features of infrared technology and special reflectors that guide the heat to the indoor grills cooking grid for delicious, evenly grilled food (maybe some Korean barbecue).
The electric grill separates the grease and fat being produced during cooking so that your food isn’t being cooked in lots of greases. This grill is also easy to clean as it can be wiped over quickly or put into the dishwasher.
Out of all of our choices this grill is at the slightly higher end of the price bracket, but with these advanced features that can be expected.
- This indoor grill only takes a minute to set up meaning that you can spend less time prepping and setting up and more time cooking your delicious steaks.
- The indoor grill heats up to a consistently high temperature that is perfect for cooking and searing your meat, poultry and fish (even to grill chicken breast).
- Its patented smokeless technology means that there is virtually no smoke when your food is cooking.
- It can take a long time for the grill to cool down after cooking (around 15 mins).
- The glare that the grill projects can be uncomfortable for your eyes due to it being infrared.
- Some customers found that despite the grill being advertised as ‘’smokeless’’ their kitchens were still left with smoke after use.
BEST INDOOR GRILL FOR STEAKS – Buyers Guide
Of course, as with any purchase you make, you need to know what type of grill you’re after so here’s your guide to finding the perfect one for you.
First, you need to decide what type of grill you’re looking for as the market offers two popular choices; an open grill or a contact grill. An open grill consists of a single grill plate that cooks your food on one side, you then flip it to cook the other side, giving you that proper outdoorsy feeling. A contact grill consists of two plates, one on the top and the other on the bottom.
This is a more compact choice that will cook your food faster. If your catering to a bigger group and want more of a compact grill, the contact grill is the best option for you. The handle allows you to close it whilst it cooks, looking in the flavor.
Then there are many other features that you need to consider, a significant factor being the size of the grill as this can vary. You can opt for smaller, compact grills or bigger ones that tend to be more of a standout feature along your kitchen worktops. We would also recommend a grill with removable, non-stick grill plates making it easier to clean and temperature gauges to allow you to select the best temperature for the foods you are cooking.
Depending on the type of food you plan to make, explore all options available. We are here to help you with our reviews of:
Frequently asked questions
Will an indoor grill make my kitchen smoky?
A contact grill is closed during the time that your cooking your steaks, therefore locking in the release of the smoke.As an open grill offers a more outdoorsy barbeque feel, this one is more likely to make the air seem slightly smoky. However, many of these grills have temperature controls to give you a smoke-free cooking experience.
Do they have lights on them so I can see when they are on and off?
The majority of the indoor grills include features such as on and off light indicators. All of the steak grills reviewed above include this feature. Many also include lights to indicate that the grills have reached the optimum temperature for cooking.
Are the more expensive indoor grills better?
All of the grills have good customer reviews, the cheapest option included. The more expensive ones include some slightly more advanced features and are slightly bigger in size.