Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
The best sausage stuffer is an excellent equipment that you can invest in. Not only will you be able to create zesty and juicy homemade sausages, but you’ll have fun doing it as well.
Table of Contents
- Different Types Of Sausage Stuffers
- Manual vs. Electric Sausage Stuffers
In comparison to home-bought sausages, homemade ones taste better and healthier as well. On top of that, you’ll save a great deal of money down the road along with getting that satisfying feeling of accomplishment.
However, buying the right sausage stuffer can overwhelm anyone. Aside from having a lot of options on the market, you also need to consider several factors. These include the product’s build and quality, to name a few.
Fortunately, we did all the digging (as we did for charcoal smoker grills and with the charcoal vs briquettes review) for you with this list of the best sausage stuffer available out there. Plus, you’ll also find a handy guide to ensure you’ll end up with a kitchen tool suitable for you and your family’s needs.
- Our Pick: Hakka 7 Lb/3 L Stainless Steel Sausage Stuffer
- Runner Up: LEM 5-Pound Stainless Steel Vertical Sausage Stuffer
- Weston 7-Pound Manual Vertical Sausage Stuffer
- Vivo 7 Lb/3 L Stainless Steel Vertical Sausage Stuffer
- Fantes 2.2 Pound Sausage Maker
In a hurry? This is our winner!
Best Sausage Stuffer – Comparison Table
Best Sausage Stuffer – Reviews
Two of the things you’ll love about the Hakka are its durable all-stainless construction and two-speed settings. Despite the metal body frame of this best sausage stuffer, it is lightweight and easy to carry around.
What’s more, it is rust-resistant with components that maintain the SGS foody hygiene standards. This means that you’ll have peace of mind knowing that every sausage you’ll make is safe for consumption.
Another notable feature of this kitchen equipment is that its gears are reinforced with resin. Likewise, it is supported by double- threaded steel rods. All of these will provide you with a smooth workflow every time.
Additionally, its steel piston comes with an air release valve, allowing the air out while you’re working. As a result, it prevents air from getting trapped inside your homemade sausages. It also prevents heat buildup throughout the process.
The 7-pound sausage stuffer from Hakka includes four nozzles in various sizes, including 16 mm, 22 mm, 32 mm, and 38 mm. These will provide you with more control over how thick or thin you want your sausages to come out. They’re also made from stainless, which makes them long-lasting as well.
Plus, you can even select between the stuffer’s two filling rates of either slow or fast. If you need to make a large batch but you have little time, choose fast. But if you’re worried that the casing of your sausage might blow up, opt for slow filling.
- Equipped with Two fill rates system , easy to use and quick
- 2-Speed used more quick and smoothly
- All parts that contact food directly are reach up SGS food hygiene standard
- 4 different diameter S/S nozzle 2/3" inch(16 mm), 5/8" inch(22 mm), 1-1/4" inch(32 mm) and 1-1/2"inch(38 mm)
- All Stainless Stell Sausage Stuffer (All Stainless Steel Base Plate, Cylinder, Stuffing Tubes & Canister. Piston includes an air release)
- All parts that contact food directly meets the SGS food hygiene standard.
- Its cylinder tilts back for convenient filling.
- Includes a metal piston with an air release valve which allows air to escape up and out of the top instead of into the sausage casing.
- The stainless steel frame securely locks the stainless steel meat cylinder into place and reduces its movement during operation.
- Hardened resin gears are mounted on a double-threaded steel rod for smooth, seamless operation.
- The base does not have any extra mechanism for holding the stuffer securely on the table surface, making it a little wobbly when operating.
- No reverse lock on the crank.
The LEM 5-pound sausage stuffer will provide you with excellent value for money. If you’re not planning on crafting plenty of sausages, this best sausage stuffer is an excellent option for you.
This vertical sausage stuffer is not only a stylish looking unit. But with its stainless steel cylinder and base, as well as metal gears, it is designed to serve you for many years to come.
But that’s no surprise since LEM has been known for being one of the most reputable names in the industry. The company has been around since 1991, offering consumers with meat processing and jerky making equipment.
Although the 5lb sausage stuffer is a bit smaller than in comparison to others, you’ll still be able to make enough sausages to stuff the entire family. Of course, its small frame also means that it is lighter and will not take up too much counter or storage space.
Moreover, this LEM kitchen tool features an air valve, allowing the air to escape without causing you sausage casings to break. This feature is pretty helpful, as well as the one-half, three-fourth, and inch stuffing tubes that come with the package.
Although these are stuffing tubes are not as varied as the other models, it’s still good to have different options. Aside from this, LEM’s sausage stuffer also comes with two clamps to secure it easily while you’re working.
- Cylinder holds 5 Pounds of meat; Cylinder removes easily to fill and clean
- Hardened steel gears with a protective gear box; Stainless steel base and cylinder
- Includes (Two) clamps to secure unit to counter top
- Approximate Dimensions: 15" (H) x 9 1/4" (W) x 6" (Deep); Cylinder Dimensions: 8 1/4" (H) x 5 1/2" (Diameter)
- Its cylinder is easy to remove and clean and can hold up to 5 pounds of meat.
- High-quality and durable stainless steel base and cylinder.
- The precision-machined carbon steel gears are manufactured to eliminate slippage and wear, and won’t rust or collect germs.
- Its hard plastic piston with a built-in release valve allows air to escape, making your job easier.
- You can clamp the stuffer to a table or countertop.
- The stuffing tubes are made from plastic.
- It only offers one gear speed.
The Weston Manual Sausage Stuffer is heavy-duty. It is designed to meet the requirements of both beginners and expert sausage makers. On top of that, it sports a sleek style combined with a durable construction, that will surely impress anyone.
This best sausage stuffer can easily handle up to 7 pounds of meat in one go. It comes with stainless steel funnels that are easy to remove for hassle-free cleanups afterward.
Aside from its handsome looks, the Weston manual stuffer also comes with nice features. It offers two speeds that you can change easily. You also won’t have a problem removing its crank from one shaft and attach it to another.
What’s more, its canister, which you can tilt with ease for fast loading, is made from stainless steel. Meanwhile, its rubber base helps stabilize the unit and hold it down to the surface while you’re working. Therefore, slipping will be the last thing on your mind.
This vertical sausage stuffer from Weston is made of high-grade stainless steel that has been coated. This gives the tool a smooth and stylish appearance that will add a wonderful aesthetic to the interior of your kitchen.
- Craft a variety of fresh sausage links ranging in size from snack sticks & breakfast links to Italian sausage & bratwurst, all the way up to summer sausage & bologna.
- Upright stainless steel canister with a 7 lb capacity
- Coated stainless steel housing with rubber feet for added stability
- Heavy duty, dual speed, steel gears for rapid loading and pressing
- Canister tilts out for quick loading
- Features heavy-duty steel gears and a pressure release valve.
- The upright canister is built to handle large quantities of meat.
- It has a quality stainless steel canister and steel housing with rubber feet for added stability.
- The canister tilts out for quick loading and includes a set of 4 plastic funnels.
- Disassembles for easy cleanups.
- It’s pricier than some of the best sausage stuffers of the list.
- The device is a bit tall, so this may not be a good option if you’re restricted on space.
If you’re looking for a stuffer that can withstand hours or use and serve you for a long time, the Vivo 7-pound Sausage Stuffer is for you. Vivo is known for manufacturing quality goods, and this one lives up to expectation.
First, the small kitchen appliance’s cylinder is made of rust-resistant, stainless steel. Meanwhile, its frame, base, and gears are constructed with tough metals.
Aside from being compact and affordable, it’s also simple to operate. Once you fill its cylinder with ground meat, you only need to crank its handle located at the stuffer’s back. Now, you can watch your beautiful homemade sausage come out of the unit.
The Vivo vertical sausage stuffer is available in single and dual-gear in three sizes, with this 7-pound version being a good size. You get four plastic stuffing tubes as part of the package. The entire unit is solidly built that can get the job done.
This best sausage stuffer on our list is ideal for both beginners and hobbyists. It’s also ideal for anyone looking to make small batches of delicious sausages from time to time.
- Metal construction - stainless steel cylinder and spout, as well as stable metal base and crank. All gears and pistons are also constructed of durable metal. This product complies with RoHS, is LFGB certified, and meets SGS food safety standards.
- Airflow and filling - Piston includes an air release valve to allow air to escape and keep stuffer from overheating. The entire cylinder tilts back which allows for convenient filling.
- Nozzles - 4 plastic nozzles included: 10 mm ( 0. 4 inch), 20 mm (0. 79 inch), 30 mm (1. 18 inch) and 40 mm (1. 57 inch)
- Disassembly - disassembles in seconds for easy cleaning and convenient storage
- One Year manufacturer - sturdy stuffer comes with a Limited 1-year manufacturer as well as friendly tech support to help with any questions or concerns.
- An easy to use tool designed to make stuffing your own sausage quick and simple.
- It has a stable all-metal frame and base, stainless steel cylinder, and all-metal high-torque gearing, making the stuffer highly durable.
- You can disassemble it quickly and easily for thorough cleaning.
- The cylinder tilts back for convenient filling and includes four different plastic nozzles.
- It also includes a metal piston with an air release valve which allows air to escape up and out of the top instead of into the sausage casing.
- The nozzles are made of plastic.
- It has a single gear system.
The last on our list of the best sausage stuffer is small and portable yet efficient. No doubt, it’s great to have a heavy-duty sausage stuffer. But if you don’t have enough space, then size is going to be an issue.
This is where the Fantes Sausage Maker comes in. It can take care of the job without eating up a lot of space on your kitchen counter. Hence, it’s a good option if you’re only looking to create sausages in small amounts. Likewise, it’s ideal if you want something small, lightweight, and straightforward.
One of the things that separate this sausage stuffer from others here is that it has a horizontal frame. Moreover, its length is less than 17 inches, while its height is just about 4 inches.
This highly portable stuffer can hold up to 2.2 pounds of meat at a time. And to make your working condition stable, it comes with a suction base at the bottom. Simply attach it firmly on the surface of your table, and it’s good to go.
For durability, the parts of the Fantes sausage stuffer are made from aluminum and plastic materials. This also means that you can hand-clean it with ease after each use. Plus, it even lest you choose the size of your sausages, from thing to regular or plump, thanks to its stuffing tubes that come in three various diameters.
- Fante's Uncle Attilio’s Sausage Maker for easily creating homemade sausage recipes and controlling fat levels and content quality for tastier results
- Made from aluminum and plastic; suction base secures to any nonporous surface; measures 16. 5 x 4 x 8-inches; holds up to 2. 2 pounds
- Create thin, regular and plump Links with 3 nozzle sizes (15, 19, and 22-millimeter diameter); customize flavor and meat combinations
- Fill Canister with sausage meat, slide casing onto the nozzle and turn handle to fill; guide casing by hand to prevent breakage; tie at desired length
- Suction base and crank handle for easy use; Includes instructions and Fatness family recipe; disassembles for cleaning; Hand wash in warm, soapy water
- The suction base secures to any nonporous surface for easy setup and added stability during use.
- Simple and compact design, and is great for small amounts of meat.
- You can create thin, regular, and plump links with its 3 nozzle sizes.
- Disassembles for easy cleaning.
- The package includes Fantes family’s recipes.
- Since its parts are made of aluminum and plastic, the sausage stuffer may not be as long-lasting as those with stainless steel construction.
- It’s not ideal for heavy-duty use.
Best Sausage Stuffer – Buyers Guide
Different Types Of Sausage Stuffers
Vertical Sausage Stuffer
This is probably the most popular type of sausage stuffer among professionals and newbies alike. It is also available in both manual and electronic models.
The stuffer usually features a large column-like container for holding your meat. Once you turn on the crank or switch its electric motor, the unit’s padding projects meats from its stuffing tube, usually found on the container’s bottom part.
Vertical sausage stuffers are available in 5 to 15-pound capacity.
Horizontal Sausage Stuffer
A horizontal sausage stuffer is available in both the electrical and manual versions as well. It usually includes a big piston-link tube that holds your seasoned ground meat horizontally.
When you turn its switch or handle on the other end of the funnel, it’ll project your meat from the nozzle and into the end of its cylinders.
Horn Sausage Stuffer
You can only find this stuffer in a manual version. This sausage stuffer is typically constructed in cast iron with chrome or tin. Nonetheless, you can now find some models made from stainless steel.
A horn filler is ideal for beginners who only want to produce sausages in smaller batches since its capacity ranges between 3 to 5 pounds only.
Manual vs. Electric Sausage Stuffers
Electric sausage stuffers are bigger in comparison to manual ones. They are designed for filling large amounts of sausages.
On the other hand, manual sausage stuffers have a crank that you have to operate to push your ground meats into the casings. They require more time and physical effort on your part, but they’re more budget-friendly.
Now that you know which are the best sausage stuffers on the market today, you’ll be able to find the one most suitable for your needs. Not only will any of these help you on your sausage-making journey, but it’ll make the entire process fun as well.
Check out other accessories like:
Find out the best tools for your smoking and grilling adventure, and we helped you with our top lists of: