The best smoker thermometers are a crucial tool to ensure precision when cooking your favorite meat. Cooking is both science and art. And the key to many of its aspects, especially temperature, is precision.
Arming yourself with the right smoker thermometer can take the guessing game. Whether you’re smoking, grilling, or barbecuing, it’s crucial to get the right temperature. Doing so will guarantee that your meats cook thoroughly and prevent them from drying out. Nobody wants to eat raw meat, right?
So to make sure that you get perfectly, cooked meats here’s a list of the top smoker thermometers available on the market today:
In a hurry? This is our winner!
ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote Digital Cooking Food Meat Thermometer with Dual Probe for Smoker...
- 【Hands Free Monitor】Wireless digital meat thermometer with dual probe monitors food or oven/grill/smoker temps up to 300 feet away, enabling you to enjoy your company without continuously excusing yourself
- 【Hassle-Free Setup】No synch required, say goodbye to the tedious setup steps; Large LCD displays both food and oven temps; Back-lit for use in low light condition
- 【Kitchen Timer】Food cooking thermometer features count up and countdown setting that is perfect for long-time cooking; Receiver will beep and flash once reaches preset temperature
- 【USDA Preset Temperature Settings】BBQ thermometer with preset temperatures for 9 types of meat and their various doneness levels recommended by USDA; All of the preset temps can be reset to your desired tastes
- 【Durable and Accurate Probes】Grilling thermometer features food grade stainless steel probe with step-down tip design to get temperature more precisely and quickly; Probe wires can withstand up to 716°F
Last update on 2020-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Smoker Thermometers – Runner Up
Weber iGrill 2 Thermometer
- Four probe capacity (two meat probes included)
- Meat probes are heat resistant up to 716˚F
- LED temperature display; Clean with lint free cloth and non-abrasive cleanser. Never submerge in fluid, product is not waterproof.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 200-hour battery life (batteries included)
Last update on 2020-08-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Smoker Thermometers – Comparison Table
Last update on 2020-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Smoker Thermometers – Reviews
The best smoker thermometers help eliminate the guesswork and cook food perfectly all the time. ThermoPro TP20 is one of those and great for both serious chefs and home cooks.
This top-rated meat thermometer features a dual-probe technology that lets you monitor two varieties of meat. Likewise, it comes with a sensor that you can utilize as an oven probe to read the surrounding temperature accurately.
The grilling kit has a thermometer range of 32F to 572F (0C to 300C). On the other hand, its receiver has a range of up to 300 feet away. With this range, you’ll be able to socialize with your guests or do other chores while being up-to-date with your meal’s temperature.
What you’ll love about this smoker thermometer is the fact that it has every feature you’d expect in a professional kitchen kit. Its LCD display may be simple, but it’s large enough and shows all necessary and relevant information. Plus, it is backlit, meaning you’ll have no problems reading it even if the light is low.
Since it is designed with a twin probe, you can use it to read both the food and pit temperatures. It even works for checking how warm the surface of your grill is.
Another notable feature of the gadget is that it comes with preset temperatures. You can use these for different meat including beef, ground beef, pork, ham, veal, lamb, chicken, poultry, ground poultry, and fish. On top of that, it also allows you to set manual temperatures if you want full control of your meat.
- Probe and wire can withstand up to 716F
- The receiver will flash and beep when your food reaches your programmed temperature
- Comes with a countdown and count up timer with two-time duration options
- Dual probe technology
- Simple interface and setup, ready to use straight from the box
- Timer and temperature settings are saved when the unit is powered off
- You may experience some issues with calibration
- Users report problematic engagement with the probes
- Not waterproof
If you want to take your meat grilling to a whole new level, the Weber iGrill 2 Thermometer can help you do just that. This best smoker thermometer has a lot of attractive features up its sleeve.
One of those is that you can connect it to your smartphone or tablet. This allows you to easily monitor and control your cooking experience remotely. What’s more, the thermometer will give comprehensive data and graphs throughout the entire process.
Moreover, it comes with four probes that include two meat probes that can withstand heat for up to 716F. And as a bonus, you can even name all probes through the app that comes with the smoker thermometer.
iGrill 2 has an impressive 200 hours of battery lifespan. With this kitchen device, you’ll be able to monitor the doneness of up to four cuts of meat from start to finish. Plus, it will notify you via your smart gadget once your meal has the perfect temp and ready to serve.
So whether you’re a pitmaster or someone who simply loves the joys of grilling, this will make it easier for you to create the perfect meal whenever.
- It has the Weber iGrill app for your smart gadgets with preset temperatures and temperature monitoring
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Provides graphs and data of your foods while cooking them
- Its battery can last up to 200 hours
- Four probe capacity with two meat probes include
- Meat probes are heat resistant up to 716F
- Not waterproof
- According to users, the app tends to drain the battery of their phone quickly
Kizen Instant Read Meat Thermometer is one of the best smoker thermometers that will not hurt your wallet. The affordable option is the perfect replacement for your outdated and inaccurate thermometer.
This grilling tool eliminates undercooking or overcooking your meats. It features an Ultra-Fast Premium Probe that can provide you with precise temperatures for as little as two seconds. Aside from cooking meats, you can use it when baking bread, deep-frying, and so much more.
But beyond its instant-read probe, there’s more to this smoker thermometer that sets it apart from others on the market. For an affordable kitchen kit, it is equipped with a plethora of features.
First is its ergonomic design that allows for a comfortable grip. Meanwhile, its LCD is clear and bright, making it easier to read the data on the screen. It’s also calibrated. Hence, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that it will provide you with accurate data every time.
And check this out, this Kizen thermometer is waterproof. Hence, you can wash it right away when it gets dirty under running water without worries.
- Capable of taking temperatures in as little as 2 seconds
- Waterproof body
- Bright, well-lit LCD that displays clear and precise data
- Comes expertly pre-calibrated, but can re-calibrated anytime
- It can fully retract, making for easy and safe storage
- Convenient battery saving auto-off when the probe is retracted or if there’s no activity after 10 minutes
- You have to stick it to the thickest part of the chicken and avoid the bone to get an accurate reading
- Some users say that they experience some issues with recalibration
If you’re looking for the best smoker thermometers with a traditional design, look no further. The Dozyant Smoker Thermometer has that cool original aesthetic before thermometers went digital.
Although modern smoker thermometers possess innovative technology, sometimes, they’re not necessary to achieve perfection. This kitchen gadget is an excellent option if you’re not tech-savvy or want something simpler.
However, don’t be fooled by its simplicity. The analog meat thermometer is pretty precise and especially great for grilling. Its body is made from steel, meaning it’s the best thermometer grill surfaces. You’ll also have no problem using it in the oven. Likewise, you don’t have to worry about delicate cables and probes that may likely melt.
But what makes this Dozyant thermometer for bbq, charcoal, and grill great is its large face. This makes it so much easier to read even from afar. On top of that, you can fit this model in the slot of a standard temperature gauge.
So if your previous one fails, simply replace it with this thermometer. Screw it securely in place, and that’s it. There’s no need to figure out or master any settings. And you can do it in five minutes or less.
- The case is made out of stainless steel for maximum durability
- Face reads 100 to 550F with extreme accuracy
- Waterproof and will not get foggy
- Easy to install on your grill, oven or oven panel
- Large face for easy reading of temperatures
- You need to calibrate the thermometer first
- A few users experience moisture buildup inside the glass
NutriChef Wireless Meat Thermometer is another one of the best smoker thermometers you can connect to your mobile gadgets. With its EasybBQ app, you don’t have to stay with your food to be updated. It also allows you to view the history of the temperatures you’ve used through a timeline.
Although this smart thermometer is small in size, its performance is nothing short but powerful and reliable. Moreover, it is compact, convenient, and hassle-free. You only need to insert its probes into your meat, set your preferred temperature, and walk away.
Don’t worry, you’ll get an alert via its app to notify you once your meal reaches the perfect temperature. This means that while waiting, you can enjoy some quality time with your family or do other chores. And thanks to its digital display, you can quickly check the temperature of your food if your phone is not available.
This kitchen gadget comes with 2 probes. Nonetheless, you can add up to 4 more for simultaneous monitoring. The probes are safe to leave in your oven, smoker, grill, or BBQ. They can withstand temps for up to 482F. Meanwhile, its steel cable is heat-resistant up to 716F.
- Probes can withstand up to 482 degrees
- Set each probe separately adjustable in the app
- Leave the Bluetooth on, and you’ll get an instant push notification when your programmed temp goes below or above your set range
- Large electric backlit LCD display
- Multi-temperature reading
- You need to buy the additional probes
- Users claim that they have issues with losing the Bluetooth connection once they’re 25 feet away from the grill.
Best Smoker Thermometers – Buyers Guide
Why Do I Need A Smoker Thermometer?
The best smoker thermometers allow you to master the temperatures of your food. Likewise, you’ll be able to control how well done your meats are.
Cooking without a thermometer that provides accurate reading is similar to driving without headlights at night. Also, a lot of people have become ill because of eating raw and undercooked foods.
Investing in a top-notch thermometer may mean you need to spend extra, but it will ensure that you’ll always enjoy a perfectly cooked meal. Moreover, it’s quite hard to tell whether your meat is completely cooked or not by simply looking at it.
A meat thermometer presents accurate readings. And whether you set your preferred range or use the preset, you are guaranteed that your meals will be cooked precisely each time.
What To Consider When Buying The Best Smoker Thermometers
Make sure the smoker thermometer you’ll choose has at least a couple of probes. This will make your kitchen tool more versatile. But you may want to get something with more probes or those that allow you to add more if you’ll cook different kinds of foods simultaneously. This lets you monitor each food’s temperature individually.
Furthermore, check that the length of the probe is sufficient to reach the center of a thick meat slab or an entire turkey. You may not get an accurate reading if the probes are a bit short.
Accuracy is the key to the perfect meat. Even the slightest difference can make a massive impact on how your food is done. An inaccurate smoker thermometer is pretty much useless.
Durability is another feature that separates the best smoker thermometers from the rest. You want your device to last a long time. Thereby, make sure that every part of it is very sturdy, from its probes to connecting cables. In most cases, a thermometer’s warranty is a reflection of its durability.
Features and Functions
You can find a wide array of thermometers out there, from simple and traditional to more modern and digital. While some are basic with straightforward functionality, some are equipped with features and the latest technology. At the end of the day, it will all boil down to your preference.
If you’re looking for a more advanced thermometer, look for useful features like remote connectivity and preset features. Models with special timers and alarm are extremely useful as well.
Ease of Use
The best smoker thermometers will not make you scratch your head when figuring out how to use it. Keep in mind that they are created to make your cooking life easier. So make sure to choose a model that you can easily set and use.
The best smoker thermometers can make a huge difference in your cooking experience. Arming yourself with one will make the entire cooking process easier and more enjoyable. On top of that, it will ensure that every food you make is perfectly cooked.