Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
The Spirit E310 was one of the most popular girls made by Weber. Moreover, their Spirit series in general was a hit, but in 2018 Weber decided to step up the game and create a new, updated line of grills called Spirit II.
Weber Spirit II E310 is a modern grill designed to be the go-to family grill. If you have this grill in your backyard, you’ll always be ready to throw a barbecue party: no matter if it is just to feed the members of your household, or a get-together with a reasonable amount of guests.
If you’ve been thinking about getting the Weber Spirit II E310 gas grill and comparing it to other similar alternatives, you probably want to know one thing: is this grill really worth the investment? Today, we’ll really dig into the details in order to answer this question for you.
Table of Contents
- Weber Spirit II E310 Specifications
- Key Features
- Weber Spirit II E310: Overview
- What We Liked
- What We Didn’t Like
- Weber Spirit II E310 Build Quality
- iGrill 3 And Other Accessories
- Weber Spirit vs Weber Genesis
- Final Thoughts: Is Weber Spirit II E310 Grill Worth It?
Weber Spirit II E310 Specifications
- Fuel Type: Liquid propane
- Dimensions: 44.6 x 52 x 27 inches
- Primary cooking area: 424 square inches
- Warming rack: 105 square inches
- Total cooking area: 529 square inches
- Number of burners: 3
- Total BTU-per-hour Input: 30,000
- Warranty: 10 years
- Includes 3 quality stainless steel burners combined with enameled cast iron cooking grates and flavorizer bars for the ultimate grilling experience
- Designed for ease of use, featuring a decent grease management system, easy ignition, and individual burner control
- Open cart design with practical additions like side tables and tool hooks
Weber Spirit II E310: Overview
The Weber Spirit II E310 is definitely one of our favorites from the Spirit II line. If you are not sure what size of grill you need, this one will probably meet your needs. It’s not too big, so you can even cook for one if you want to, but if it’s necessary, it can allow you to cook quite comfortably for 6 to 8 people.
But what do we mean by not too big and not too small? Well, the primary grilling area on this babe measures 424 inches and the whole grill is a little over 44 inches wide. That should give you an idea about the size. In addition to this, you also get a warming rack above the primary grilling area which is always incredibly useful. The warming rack not only lets you warm up buns for your meat, but also lets you prevent the grilled food from cooling down too early in case not everything is done at the same time.
Besides that, the Weber Spirit II E310 is equipped with all the classic Weber features and some fancy ones too. The GS4 cooking system features Weber’s signature flavorizer bars combined with everything else you need for an enjoyable grilling experience. In short, this is what we liked (and didn’t like) about this grill:
What We Liked
- Size and versatility: The Weber Spirit II E310 is one of the most versatile grills we have encountered. It doesn’t require a whole lot of space, but it still lets you cook almost anything. A couple of burgers or a whole 20-pound turkey: this grill can do anything.
- Functionality: With a warming rack, two side tables, and an open cart design, this grill really gives you all the space you need to feel comfortable while making barbecue. There is space for everything – prep work, cooking tools, you name it
- Quality construction: This grill is really sturdy and well-made. Weber used all the best materials for all of the parts on this grill. The burners are stainless steel and the cooking grates are cast iron – in short, the best combination ever.
- Ease of use and cleaning: The E310 comes allows you to manage grease and drippings with grace. The flavorizer bars prevent flare-ups caused by the drippings, and the grease tray collects everything else.
What We Didn’t Like
- It’s not the easiest grill to move around: Even though the cart has wheels that make the grill easier to move, moving it away for storage, for example, is still a bit of a challenge. The side tables don’t fold down like on some other models and the unit is pretty heavy.
- No side burner: Having a burner inside the side table is one of the best gimmicks you can get on a grill. Although it’s not a deal breaker, we would have loved to see it on the E310.
- The hood could be higher: When the lid is closed, the space inside this grill becomes a bit cramped. It’s not something that will make your life terribly hard, but it would be nice for the lid to be a little deeper.
Weber Spirit II E310 Build Quality
The Weber Spirit II E310 is definitely not the easiest grill to assemble, but once you manage to do it, you’ll see that it was worth it: this grill is really proper and sturdy. Even though it’s an open cart design, the base of this grill features thick walls that will keep the grill stable and a nice shelf underneath. All of this is complemented with two large all-terrain wheels to make moving this beast as easy as it can get.
Now, the cart itself is quite good, but it’s surely not the most important part of a grill. So what about the other parts? Well, we found that everything is really well-made. The side tables, for example, are made of stainless steel which only goes to show that Weber wasn’t trying to cut corners when creating this unit.
Inside the cookbox, you’ll pretty much find the standard Weber quality. The burners are stainless steel as always, which makes them as durable as they can be. The cooking grates, on the other hand, are made of cast iron which retains heat and allows you to get the beautiful sear marks every grill enthusiast longs for. Both the cooking grates and the flavorizer bars are covered with a porcelain enamel coating to make cleanup easier.
With that being said, one potential downside of the Spirit II series is that all of the units are assembled in China (with components that are globally sourced, according to Weber). While knowing that your grill was made in the US can give you an extra dose of security, we really didn’t notice too much of a difference in quality in comparison to the older Weber models.
Now we are getting to the really fun part: the grilling. As it’s usually the case with Weber, we found that this grill works flawlessly. The E310 from the Spirit II series features Weber’s most up-to-date grilling system: the GS4. The system consists of 4 parts, and it delivers ease of use each step of the way.
First of all, the infinity ignition never fails. Just press a button and your burners get turned on. Moreover, you can control each of the 3 burners independently which allows you to create different heat zones. This is absolutely necessary when you want to sear a steak on high heat and then finish it low and slow, for example. Not only this, but it allows you to prepare different foods that require different cooking temperatures at the same time.
The burners themselves deliver 10,000 BTU-per-hour of grilling power each, which is enough to grill pretty much anything to perfection. On top of each burner, you’ll find flavorizer bars that protect the burners from the drippings, thus ensuring perfect functioning and durability. It’s not just about protecting the burners, though. When drippings hit the flavorizer bars, they get vaporized, and the tasty smoke goes right back to impart more flavor into your food. Talk about clever design!
Now, if there are any drippings that don’t get vaporized, they will get into the grease system and straight into the disposable drip tray. The drip tray is at a safe distance from the burners and as easy to replace as possible.
On top of all this, Weber also made sure that installing and replacing your propane tank is as hassle-free as possible. You can mount the tank on the outside of the grill so it doesn’t get in the way. In addition to this, the E310 comes with a convenient fuel gauge that tells you exactly how much fuel you have left inside the tank at any point.
In short, this grill simply performs great and this is the main reason we love it.
iGrill 3 And Other Accessories
With an iGrill 3, you can really discover what modern technology can bring to the ancient art of grilling. All of the grills from the Spirit II series are compatible with Weber’s iGrill 3 Bluetooth thermometer that mounts directly onto your grill. This clever device will let you monitor up to 4 cuts of meat at a time. It’s compatible with most Android and Apple devices. You just need to install the app, and you can take the guesswork out of grilling. Your smartphone will tell you exactly when the meat has reached the desired temperature. It’s a bit disappointing that you have to purchase the iGrill 3 separately, but it’s definitely worth the trouble!
In addition to this, Weber also sells some other accessories that can expand the possibilities of your grill. These include a griddle, a grilling/baking stone and our personal favorite: the rotisserie attachment.
Weber Spirit vs Weber Genesis
The Genesis line is the next step up the ladder in the Weber world. The Genesis II E310 is more expensive than the Spirit II E 310, although it essentially looks pretty much the same. So what is the difference?
Well, the grills from the Genesis II series are supposed to be more powerful than those from Spirit II, but how much more are you really getting? First of all, the Genesis II E310 does offer more grilling power – 3900 BTU, to be precise. Now, this means that each burner delivers 3,000 BTU more than those on the Spirit II version. But how often are you gonna use the 13,000 BTU on a single burner? Not that often, we would say. The only time where this comes in handy is for searing steaks, but it’s doable with the Spirit II burners too.
This is pretty much the only important upgrade you get if you go with Genesis II instead of Spirit II. All of the other changes are pretty much cosmetic. For example, the warming rack on the Genesis II E310 can be tucked away, while on the Spirit II E310 this is not the case. But would you pay hundreds of dollars more just to get this feature? Probably not.
If the price is not a concern for you, then yes, the Genesis series is a bit better. However, if you’d rather spend less for a grill that comes really close in terms of performance – the Spirit II series is definitely the way to go.
Final Thoughts: Is Weber Spirit II E310 Grill Worth It?
Now it’s time to make the final verdict. Is the Weber Spirit II the right grill for you? Well, if you want to host parties with 20 or 50 people, then it will probably be too small. However, if you are looking for a backyard grill that you can take out in almost any situation, no matter what you want to cook then this is the grill for you.
This is the perfect unit for beginners and barbecue masters alike. It might not have the flashy features some other grills do, but one thing is certain: everything on this grill will work perfectly every time you use it. Weber even offers a 10-year warranty to back up this claim.
The Weber Spirit II E310 is also a great grill if you are a beginner: it has all the necessary features, and it doesn’t make your life harder than it needs to be. Everything is pretty intuitive and anyone can get the hang of it quickly. On the other hand, this is a top-notch grill, so even the most seasoned grillers should find it satisfying.