Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Worried about the excessive oil seeping into your breakfast? Since breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day, perhaps a wide majority of people prefer to have a hearty breakfast, consisting of hash browns, strips of turkey bacon, fried sausages, fried potatoes, eggs, and more. But what if there was a healthier way to enjoy all of these elements of breakfast ingredients? You can enjoy the delicious flavours emanating from air-fried hash browns to air-fried sausages – trust me – they never lose their juiciness. Wondering what to have for breakfast? Take a peek at the list of air fryer recipes below!
Table of Contents
- 1 Why an Air Fryer?
- 2 Cooking and Temperature
- 3 Is Air Fryer Food Healthy?
- 4 Air Fryer Breakfast Ideas
- 4.1 French Toast
- 4.2 Granola
- 4.3 Breakfast Pizza
- 4.4 Banana Bread
- 4.5 Hash Brown Patties
- 4.6 Breakfast Egg Rolls
- 4.7 Breakfast Potatoes
- 4.8 Soft Boiled Scotch Eggs
- 5 Air Fryer Breakfast Anyone?
- 6 FAQs
Why an Air Fryer?
Since most of us are accustomed to deep frying our favourite finger foods, from frozen fish fingers, to frozen sausages, apart from attempting to bake these ingredients for a healthier meal, which would normally take much longer, what if I told you that an air fryer is rapid, having your food ready in minutes, and its delicious too!
Essentially the air fryer holds a heating mechanism and fan, you place the food in an air fryer-style basket and when you turn it on, hot air whooshes down and around the food. This instantaneous circulation makes the food crisp – exactly like deep frying – minus the oil.
Cooking and Temperature
Air fryer cooking times, and temperatures typically range from 5 to 25 minutes at 350 to 400F, depending on the kind of food you’re cooking. In some cases you might have to flip or turn the food halfway through the cooking time, to help it crisp up perfectly.
While many types of food are best prepared when deep fried, you can also use the air fryer to roast vegetables, cook meat and even bake cookies! If you prefer to make finger food from scratch, then the air fryer is a phenomenal option for making crispy homemade snacks and sides. Things like air fryer sweet potatoes, air fryer pickles, air fryer potato chips, and more! You can make air fryer chicken that’s tender and juicy.
Is Air Fryer Food Healthy?
Some may argue that air-fried food is much healthier than deep fried food as it doesn’t use oil. Frozen French fries prepared in the air fryer contain between 4 and 6 grams of fat versus their deep fried counterparts which have an insane 17 grams per serving!
Air Fryer Breakfast Ideas
These air-fried breakfast recipes will quickly become your go-to dishes on busier mornings. These delectable breakfast dishes are oh so yummy, and very healthy not to mention so easy to make! Without further ado let’s explore these divine dishes, that’ll quickly have you sinking your teeth in one or more of these recipes in no time.
- French Toast
- Breakfast Pizza
- Banana Bread
- Hash Brown Patties
- Breakfast Egg Rolls
- Breakfast Potatoes
- Soft-Boiled Scotch Eggs
French toast is the traditional breakfast dish we all know and love. A plate of warm and wonderful French toast with a glass of fresh orange juice would hit the spot. Although making French toast in a frying pan is simple, try this super tasty and easy air fryer French toast recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS milk, cream, or half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf challah or brioche bread, cut into 8 slices
- In a medium bowl, add egg, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon; whisk to combine completely then set it aside.
- Assemble the whisked egg mixture and bread next to each other.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick oil spray
- Dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture making sure to flip and coat both sides. Lift the coated bread out of the mixture, allowing it to drip into the bowl for a couple seconds, then place it into the air fryer basket. Repeat for the rest of the slices.
- Close the air fryer, set it to 400 degrees and 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, open the basket and carefully flip the French toast slices. Close the air fryer and cook for 3-4 more minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove the French toast when it’s finished and then cook the remaining slices.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and powdered sugar or how about some cold ice cream?
Granola is a super healthy breakfast, with an unbeatable energy boost first thing in the morning that really gets your fingertips tingling. With simple ingredients like oats, nuts, seeds, maple syrup and olive oil, you can achieve this perfectly baked granola cereal in no time!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/8 cup pepitas
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/8 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 cup chopped almonds
- 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tsp honey or agave extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium or large bowl
- Mix the honey or agave with the oil and maple syrup
- Mix the syrupy mix with the dry ingredients, stirring well to fully coat all of the ingredients
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F
- Air fry at 350 for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes until the granola is a wonderful golden brown
- Allow it to cool before eating, store up to 3 weeks in an airtight container
Craving a fat juicy pizza in the morning? Not to worry, there’s a breakfast pizza recipe calling your name! You can get a breakfast pizza made simply by adding ingredients like pre-made dough, eggs, sausages, and cheese. Thanks to the magical ornament we call an air fryer, your favourite foods can be made in no time! This recipe is so simple, the air fryer does an incredible job, giving the crust that perfectly golden brown texture while still obtaining that light and flaky appearance.
- Crescent dough
- 3 scrambled eggs
- Crumbled sausage
- 1/2 chopped pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Spray the pan with oil
- Spread the dough in the bottom of a springform pan
- Place it in the air fryer on 350F for 5 minutes or until the top has slightly browned
- Remove it from the air fryer
- Top with eggs, sausages, peppers and cheese, or any other toppings of your choice
- Place it in the air fryer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown
If you’re on the hunt for an egg-free, delicious and quick way to make banana bread for breakfast then the air fryer is your solution. With simply delicious ingredients like bananas, flour, milk, and sugar, you can easily make this banana bread in an air fryer in just 15 minutes.
- 1 1/3 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 overripe bananas
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl
- Then spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray (or olive oil)
- Cook in the air fryer at 330F for 20 to 30 minutes. Check on your banana bread, sticking a toothpick into the centre, and if it emerges clean, then it is done, if not then leave it in to air fry for a few more minutes
- Allow it to cool, then slice and serve
Hash Brown Patties
Hash brown is one of the easiest and delicious breakfast dishes out there, and even better when there’s loads frozen in your pantry. Frying frozen hash browns might be inconvenient for many as then tend to stay cold from the inside. However an air fryer will solve this issue in no time. You can quickly air fry frozen hash brown patties without needing to thaw them. Take a look at this tasty recipe below:
- 4 frozen hash brown patties
- Black pepper
- Place the frozen hash browns in the air fryer basket and spread in an even layer making sure that they aren’t overlapping.
- Air fry (without oil spray) at 380F for 10 minutes, flipping the hash brown patties over halfway
- Continue to air fry at 380F for an additional 2 to 5 minutes or until crisped to your preference. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with some omelette and beans for a wonderful breakfast.
Breakfast Egg Rolls
On the hunt for a fulfilling, delicious and easy to make air fryer breakfast recipe? Well look no further! These breakfast egg rolls are made from egg roll wraps, bacon, eggs and cheddar cheese. Finish them off in the air fryer and they’ll quickly become your new favourite.
- 4 eggs
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 4 egg roll wrappers
- Preheat air fryer to 390F
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl, season with salt and pepper and whisk until well blended
- Add the butter to a medium frying pan, over medium heat
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon over the top of the eggs and stir to combine, until the eggs ae cook thoroughly
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface so that one point is facing you, and brush the edges with water
- Place 1/4 of the egg mixture onto the centre of the wrapper. Fold in the left and right corners, then fold the bottom corner up. Roll the egg roll away from you and seal the top point with more water if needed. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Place the egg rolls in the basket so that they aren’t touching and lightly brush them with olive oil. Air fry for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
Potatoes are undeniably delicious, and complete your meal, thought he traditional way of cooking potatoes requires lots of oil. Luckily the air fryer saves us the oily trouble, eliminating oil, giving you a healthy option. Get the crispy recipe below.
- 3 russet potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp fine ground sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces with the skin intact. Pat them dry with paper towels and transfer them into a large bowl. Add the spices and coat them with oil, Add the bell pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the potatoes to the preheated air fryer. Cook for 20 minutes or until it has achieved the desired level of crispiness, shaking and turning the potatoes halfway through their cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Garnish with parsley and serve piping hot.
Soft Boiled Scotch Eggs
Scotch eggs are scrumptious, but mostly avoided because they are deep-fried, and food seeping with oil, doesn’t do much for the body. So if you’re craving a delicious soft-boiled scotch egg whilst on a healthy diet, you might want to cook it in an air fryer. Crisp, savoury sausages embracing creamy soft boiled eggs, it’s definitely worth trying this recipe for breakfast at home, and I’m sure you’ll adore the results!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 pound Sausage (or your favourite ground sausage)
- 1/2 cup Wondra flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
Making 6-minute soft boiled eggs:
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove the cold eggs from the fridge and use a slotted spoon to carefully place them into boiling water, taking care to not overcrowd the eggs in the pan. Reduce the heat and cover the pan.
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare an ice bath for the eggs in a large bowl. After 6 minutes, use the slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the boiling water. Immediately submerge the cooked eggs into the prepared ice bath for 10 minutes. This will help to achieve a creamy, runny, scotch egg centre.
Applying the sausage cover:
- Divide the sausage into 6 equal portions, each weighing 66 grams, and roll each portion into a ball and place it into the fridge.
- Gently peel the prepared soft boiled eggs, then rinse each egg using a paper towel to carefully pat them dry. Then set them aside.
- Start with a cold sausage ball, straight from the fridge, place the meatball in the centre of a parchment square. Gently pat the meatball down until you have an oval that is about 1/4 inch thick and roughly 3 eggs long and 2 eggs wife.
- Place the parchment square in your palm. Gently lay a cold, dry, soft-boiled egg on top of the sausage oval, with the ends of the egg perpendicular to the long sides of the oval. Gently pull the sausage away from the parchment whilst wrapping it around the egg. Remove the thick sausage points at each end. Check the egg carefully for areas that might be too thin or too thick, and use the excess removed from the points to seal the edges and even out any thin spots.
- When the sausage appears to be distributed evenly around the egg, gently pass the egg carefully from one hand to the other a couple of times, allowing the warmth of your palms to smooth the outer surface a little, with gentle pressure to even out any rough spots on its surface. If you find that the sausage is too sticky, then when your hands with cold water and gently dry them, having slightly damp hands will discourage the sausage from sticking to them.
Scotch egg breading:
- You’ll need 3 small bowl, 1 with Wondra flour and garlic (stir these to combine), the second with a beaten egg, and the third with Panko crumbs, brown sugar and chilli powder.
- Roll each sausage-covered egg in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess, then dip it into the beaten egg, and finally roll it into the Panko crumbs. Place the breaded eggs on a plate until you have enough for one batch/
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 for 10 minutes
- Set the scotch eggs to the bottom of the air fryer basket. Leave a generous space around each one for air to circulate
- Air fry the eggs for 12 minutes, turning halfway through for even browning
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce for an immaculate breakfast treat
Air Fryer Breakfast Anyone?
Knowing that an air fryer provides almost the exact same results as food that has been deep fried. Weighing out the pros and cons, many would lean towards the air fryer, with the fact that almost no oil has been used in the cooking process, however the food emerges with the crispiest exterior, and tender interior, without excess oil dripping from it, truly making any meal of the day a very pleasurable experience.
Can I Cook Egg in Air Fryer?
Eggs can most certainly be cooked in an air fryer. Simply place the cold eggs in the air fryer basket. Air fry the fresh eggs at 270 degrees for 17 minutes. Carefully remove the cooked eggs from the basket of the air fryer and place them into a bowl of icy water. Remove the eggs from the ice water after 10 minutes.
Can You Put Bacon in Air Fryer?
Bacon is safe to cook in an air fryer, but you must make sure that you are using the correct temperature, and that the air fryer is clean before beginning. The best bacon air frying temperature is at 350 degrees. This will crisp the bacon without causing it to burn.