Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Sausage is a common favorite amongst many, whether you prefer pork, turkey, beef, or chicken sausages, there’s no denying the distinctive and delightful flavors that emanate from this curvaceous meat. Fresh, herby and cooked to perfection, have it with some eggs and beans for a hearty breakfast, or slide it in between two slices of bread, for a quick lunchtime snack. If you’re wondering how long it’ll take to cook sausages in the oven at 350° F, keep reading.
Table of Contents
- 1 Cooking Sausages in the Oven
- 2 At What Temperature Should I Cook the Sausages?
- 3 How To Cook Premio Sausage in the Oven?
- 4 Should I Prick The Sausages?
- 5 How Long do You Cook Sausages in the Oven?
- 6 How Can I Tell if the Sausages are Cooked Thoroughly?
- 7 How To Cook Frozen Sausages in the Oven?
- 8 What is the Best Way to Cook Sausages?
- 9 What Can I Serve With Oven Cooked Sausage?
- 10 Cooking Sausages in the Oven
- 11 FAQs
Cooking Sausages in the Oven
Cooking sausage in the oven is easy, simple, straightforward, and takes about 30 minutes. Your sausages are cooked once the exterior has an attractive golden tinge. The inside ground meat should no longer be pink, and the juices of the meat are clear. You should be able to see the juices seeping out of the sausage on your baking sheet, and they should be void of any pink discoloration.
At What Temperature Should I Cook the Sausages?
Whether your evening meal consists of chicken, pork, turkey, or beef sausage, the temperature it is baked in the oven will contrast with the amount of time it takes to cook through perfectly. Sausages need to be cooked until they have an internal temperature of at least 160° F for pork sausages and 165° F for chicken sausages. For an easier way to look at it, see the table below:
|350° F (175° C)||25-30 Minutes|
|375° F (190° C)||25-30 Minutes|
|400° F (205° C)||20-25 Minutes|
|425° F (220° C)||15-20 Minutes|
How To Cook Premio Sausage in the Oven?
Premio sausage is a company selling a variety of Italian sausages that can be cooked in the oven. You can enjoy these sausages every day with anything you like. Whether you’re cooking sausages or patties, always use temperatures between 350° F and 425° F. So, what steps are involved in cooking your favorite Premio sausage? See the instructions below:
- Line your baking tray with foil, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat for an easier cleanup
- Add your sausages to the foil-lined tray, leaving a gap between each sausage
- Place your tray in the center of the oven and bake the sausages at 350° F to 375° F for 30 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking so that they are crisp and golden on both sides.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure that the sausages are cooked thoroughly. The internal temperature should have reached 165° F
- Serve this with some fried eggs, fried bell peppers, or egg-fried rice for a tasty meal.
Should I Prick The Sausages?
If you’re craving that perfect juiciness once you take a bite out of the oven-cooked sausage, then you shouldn’t make any incisions or needle-thin pricks to the meat. However, if you want to reduce the fat content of the sausages, prick them before putting them in the oven, bearing in mind that all the incredible flavors come from the fat.
How Long do You Cook Sausages in the Oven?
Thick sausages typically need about 20 to 25 minutes in the oven set to 350° F, whereas thinner sausages can be cooked in the oven at the same temperature for 15 minutes.
Sausages release a lot of juices while they’re baking, which will cause them to get stuck quite stubbornly onto the baking tray, which is why you should place some foil beneath the sausages before popping them in the oven.
How Can I Tell if the Sausages are Cooked Thoroughly?
You should always check if your sausages are cooked properly – eating uncooked sausage meat will most likely lead to food poisoning. You’ll know that your sausages are cooked to perfection when the outsides are a pleasant golden brown, but not too brown, and the meat inside is a nice pale brown. There should be no signs of pink meat or pink liquid. If there is, put the sausages back into the oven for another five minutes, then check them once more.
How To Cook Frozen Sausages in the Oven?
Depending on the types of frozen sausages you have brought, check the packaging so that it is safe to cook the ones you’ve purchased in the oven, as some brands might warn you not to. Otherwise, plop your frozen sausages on an oven tray and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Frozen sausages usually require 10 minutes more in the oven than cooking chilled sausages. Turn the sausages now and then to ensure that they’re evenly cooked. Always check that they are cooked thoroughly before serving.
What is the Best Way to Cook Sausages?
Sausages are a versatile and tasty meaty treat, but they can also be ruined easily. Since they’re usually quite thick, it’s easy to overcook the skin while the interior meat remains raw. The best way to cook sausage is to create a crisp and crunchy skin with juicy, flavorful, and well-done meat on the inside. Below are some of the best and most common ways to cook your sausages:
- Pan-Fry Sausage
- Grilled Sausage
- Baked Sausage
- Boil Sausage
- Batter Sausage
How To Pan-Fry Sausage?
Pan-frying is possibly the most popular and effective way to cook sausages because you can fry other ingredients alongside the sizzling sausage, allowing the flavors to combine beautifully while cooking. Set your stove to medium heat and let your pan heat up for a couple of minutes until it gets hot. Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan – the sausages will release their oils during cooking.
If your sausages are connected, cut them apart, and place them in a pan one after the other with a little gap between them. If you’re preparing a lot of sausages, you may want to cook them in separate groups instead of crowding them together in a pan.
After a couple of minutes, turn the sausages onto a different side, letting each side cook for a few minutes before turning them again, stopping once each sausage has a nice brown color splashed across its entirety. This may take 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of your sausages. You may want to cut one of the sausages with a knife to check its center, which needs to be firm and dark, with no pink meat.
How to Grill Sausage?
Bring the grill to medium-high heat on one side and low heat on the other side. If you’re using a gas grill, turn the burners on one side low. With a charcoal grill, redistribute the coals so that one side has many hot coals while the other has fewer coals.
Place the sausages on the hot side of the grill, searing them a minute or two per side before turning them. Once the sausages have acquired a brown-to-black sear on each side, transfer them to the cooler side of the grill. They can cook more slowly without the risk of burning. They should take another 5-10 minutes before they’re cooked through.
How to Bake Sausage?
The great thing about cooking sausages in the oven is that there’s less risk of burning them, and you don’t need to keep turning them like you would when you’re frying them. Fortunately, the oven does most of the work for you. Preheat your oven to 350° F, and while it’s heating, prepare a shallow baking pan and place the sausages on it, making sure that there’s plenty of space between them.
Cook the sausages in the oven for around 20 minutes, turning them halfway so they brown evenly. Make sure they’re cooked through with no pink meat inside.
How to Boil Sausage?
Using water to cook the sausages will allow them to cook more evenly, as the hot water will thoroughly penetrate every part of the sausage, especially the interior. Start by filling a saucepan with enough water to cover your sausages, then bring it to a boil. Use tongs to carefully place your sausages in the water and reduce the heat to a simmer. You can flavor the sausages with broth, wine, or beer.
Cover the saucepan with a lid and let the sausages cook slowly for around 10 to 30 minutes, depending on their size. Remove the sausages and dry them off with a paper towel. They should be cooked all through, but they won’t have a brown, crispy cut, so you might want to pop them on the grill or stove for a few minutes.
How to Batter Sausage?
If you’re looking to enjoy your sausages British-style, then battering is a delicious way to cook them. First, cook the sausages by either frying, baking, or boiling. Then set them aside.
Create a batter mix of your choice, which will involve flour, salt, and whisked egg. You can also add other flavorings like beer or garlic.
Add some vegetable oil to a saucepan – enough to cover the sausages and heat it to 350° F. Insert a skewer through your sausage, roll it in the batter and place it carefully into the hot vegetable oil, submerging it completely. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are a crisp golden brown on the outside.
What Can I Serve With Oven Cooked Sausage?
Sausages are so easy to make and are a great candidate for family evening dinners. Adding vegetables alongside the sausage on the baking sheet is a great way to get most of your cooking out of the way, allowing the warmth of the oven to deal with them. You can cook a combination of vegetables with your favorite sausage in the oven for a remarkable meal. You can cook a stew out of the sausages and throw in some potatoes to cook with the sausages, allowing the juices to soak the fluffy potatoes, making it a delightful side to have. Here are a couple of dishes you can make with oven-cooked sausages:
- Oven-Roasted Sausage and Potatoes
- Italian Sausage Sub
Oven-Roasted Sausages and Potatoes
This appeasing meal is made with sweet Italian sausage, red onions, bell peppers, and baby potatoes, a brilliant way to combine meat lovers with vegetable lovers to create a delicious meal that you and your family will love. Packed with great flavor, for this dish, you’re going to need:
- Baby potatoes
- Red onions
- Red pepper (or green)
- Olive oil
- Dried thyme
- Dried basil
- Dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Sweet Italian sausage
- Dry white wine
You can include some starters if you wish. Some buttered bread or a side of buttered egg noodles could do the job. Let’s get to the method of cooking this delightful meal:
- Preheat the oven to 425° F
- Chop the potatoes, onions, and bell peppers. Cut the potatoes in halves, with the skin still attached. Do not chop the potatoes into small discs because the long cooking time may dry them out.
- Transfer the prepared vegetables, olive oil, minced garlic, dried herbs, salt, and pepper to a large ziplock bag. Toss them firmly.
- Transfer the marinated vegetables to a large roasting pan or tray and spread evenly across the bottom.
- Place the sausages in the same ziplock bag that the vegetables had been tossed in and gently shake well, so they are coated in the same mixture.
- Transfer the sausages to the roasting trays with the vegetables, and place them on top of the vegetables.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are golden.
- After 30 minutes, remove them from the oven and toss the sausages and vegetables in the cooking juices. Add a splash of wine and return them to the oven. Bake for another 15 minutes or until the sausages are cooked thoroughly, and the potatoes are nice and tender.
We all love a sandwich, especially a thick meaty one with juicy, tender sausages and stringy cheese, to finish it all off beautifully. Make this for you and your family, and listen out for the concentrative silence, as every morsel disappears before your eyes. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 pound of Italian sausage, hot or mild
- 1 1/2 spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced, pitted ripe olives black or green
- 1 red onion, sliced in half rings
- 1/2 sweet red pepper sliced into strips
- 4 French rolls
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375° F
- Brown the sausage in a skillet
- Drain off the fat, stir in the pasta sauce and olives
- Split the rolls lengthwise without cutting them through to the other side.
- Hollow out the buns slightly and half the cheese lengthwise.
- Place each piece of cheese on the bottom half of each roll
- Divide the meat mixture evenly amongst the rolls and top with onions and sweet peppers
- Place another cheese slice on top and close the rolls
- Wrap each sandwich in some foil and seal, then place them on a baking sheet and bake the wrapped sausages in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Unwrap and serve with your favorite sauce!
Cooking Sausages in the Oven
There are many ways to cook sausages, but to thoroughly cook them, they must be baked in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 350° F. They can be cooked at 350° F, but for a longer or shorter period depending on the thickness of the sausage and the number of sausages you plan to make as well as the fact that frozen sausages come with their own sets of instructions and require a longer cooking time.
How Long Does it Take to Bake Sausages at 350° F?
For ovens set at 350° F, cook the sausage for a minimum of 25 minutes, turning each piece at 10-minute intervals.
How Long Do Sausages Take to Cook in the Oven?
Thick sausages need around 20-25 minutes in an oven set at 350° F. Thinner sausages can cook in the same oven for 15 minutes.
How Long Does it Take to Cook Sausages in the Oven and at What Temperature?
Arrange the sausages on a baking tray and place them in the oven. Bake the sausages at 375° F for 40 minutes or until they’re cooked thoroughly, flipping them halfway.
How Long do Raw Sausages Take to Cook?
Pre-cooked sausages take around 10 minutes to cook, whereas raw sausages take up to 30 minutes.