Here is a traditional entree for the holiday season: fish pate in shells. To make this recipe, you will need to empty shells of scallops or use baking molds (or aluminum shells). You can also make this dish in mini casseroles.
You can also garnish puff pastry pies, present them in Aumonières or mini-casseroles for example. There are many ways to prepare this recipe, this is one among others. You can vary the ingredients according to your mood or depending on what was on hand: use other kinds of fish, use fresh mushrooms, or not, shrimp, mussels, strips of smoked salmon, scallops etc …
- . 500 g of mussels
- . 250 g cod fillets, ling or place
- . 180 g button mushrooms
- . 100 g peeled shrimp
- . 200 g fresh salmon
- . 10 cl dry white wine
For the Mornay sauce:
- . 30 g flour
- . 30 g butter
- . 4 dl milk
- . 2 egg yolks
- . 125 g Gruyère cheese
- . 1 c. to c. cream
– Preheat oven to 210 ° C.
– Scrape the mussels. Wash them.
– Open them by steaming in the white wine over low heat for 10 minutes. Take them out of the shell, set aside.
– Wash the mushrooms. Mince them. Cook in the juices from the mussels. Drain and set aside.
– Cook the fish fillets and salmon cut into cubes for 2 minutes. Garnish shells with all elements combined.
– Prepare Mornay sauce by making a basic white sauce (butter, flour, milk)
– The sauce should be thick.
– Remove from heat, add 2 beaten egg yolks and cream. Heat for a few seconds.
– Add the grated cheese gently. Pour the Mornay sauce in the shells.
– Gril in oven for 5 minutes.