Hey! This site is reader-supported and we earn commissions if you purchase products from retailers after clicking on a link from our site.
Meanwhile, a bad grinder will destroy them with overheating and poor burr materials. Most coffee grinders are quite similar and don’t vary that much when it comes to features. However, there are certain properties that might make it more or less appealing for your needs.In this review, we will thoroughly discuss the top 5 best coffee grinders on the market today. We will discuss price, materials, brand, and features. If you’re in the market for a new coffee grinder or just starting to build your coffee making roster, this review will guide you to make the most informed decision possible. It will help you get the perfect piece of equipment for your needs. Invalid table id.
KRUPS 10 Cup Grind and Brew Coffee Maker with Built In Burr Coffee Grinder
This drip coffee maker can grind and brew up to ten cups. It has a 2-10 cup selector which is perfect for a large family. It’s also great for the single person who really needs their coffee to make it through the day.
The conical burr grinder is built into the coffee maker. It comes with five settings so that you can choose a finer or coarser grind depending on your preference.If all that wasn’t enough, KRUPS took the extra step to make sure that each brew would be as perfectly brewed for you as possible. They did this by adding an additional function called the Brew strength selector. This selector ranges from mild to medium to strong. For extra functions, this unit comes with an auto-start function. This might not seem like a huge bonus, but for some, being able to start the brew cycle whenever you like is incredibly beneficial. When you are getting ready for work or prepping your kids for school, this allows you to have much more time on your hands so that you to focus on other things without ruining your coffee in the process. There is a 2-hour warming function for those who like to make their coffee early but head out the door with it a few hours later while it’s still warm.
- 10 CUP COFFEEMAKER W/ BUILT IN GRINDER: Brew great tasting coffee at home — built in conical burr grinder grinds beans right before brewing for enticingly rich aroma and full bodied flavor (no need for a separate grinder)
- EASY CUSTOMIZING: 2 to 10 cup grinder setting for customizing the amount, 5 grind settings (coarse to fine) for choosing the intensity, and brew strength selector with 3 flavor options (mild, medium, and strong)
- AUTO START & KEEP WARM: Schedule the brew cycle to start whenever you want (great for wake up coffee); 2 hour keep warm for delicious hot coffee from first cup to last. The glass coffee pot and the filter receptacle must be washed in the upper rack of the dishwasher
- BREW PAUSE & PRECISE POURING: No need to wait — pause and serve function allows for pouring a cup at any time during the brew cycle; carafe with curved spout ensures drip free pouring down to the last drop
- USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: Intuitive controls and a crystal clear LCD screen ensure easy programming and use; removable gold tone filter included for hassle free cleaning
Final VerdictThis coffee maker with a built-in grinder is a fantastic option for those looking for an all-in-one coffee station at an affordable price, without skimping on quality.
- Durability 90% 90%
- Design 90% 90%
- Price 90% 90%
- Reliability 90% 90%
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
It had no problem making our top five list. This is the coffee grinder for someone who just wants a simple, easy to use, no-frills coffee grinder. It doesn’t hurt that it works incredibly well for someone who is new to the coffee world, and also someone who brews coffee at a professional level.The coffee grinder has a removable chamber to hold enough grounds for 32 cups of coffee. The holding chamber is see-through so that you can keep an eye on your grounds during and after the grinding cycle. The grinder features a heavy-duty motor that can tackle some of the toughest beans and turn them into a fine grind. There is a removable 8-ounce bean hopper, a bean scoop, and a cleaning brush to get any of those little grounds out of tight spaces.
- ENJOY OPTIMUM FLAVOR: Burr grinding provides a uniform grind to your fresh coffee beans with its 18-position grind selector – move the slide-dial from ultra-fine to extra-coarse to ensure your coffee grounds are exactly the way you prefer.BPA Free..UC Cubic Feet: 0.465, MC Cubic Feet: 0.558
- REMOVABLE FEATURES: Our 8 oz. bean hopper is fully removable as well as our built-in grind chamber for ease-of-use and accessibility during the cleaning process, Heavy-duty motor
- GRIND CHAMBER: Our removable grind chamber holds enough ground coffee for 32-cups, you won’t have to worry about grinding beans multiple times to brew coffee for the entire household
- ONE-TOUCH GRIND: The one-touch power bar is separate from the unit and complemented by an electric timer that automatically shuts off the unit when your grind cycle is complete
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: Our heavy-duty unit motor doesn’t take away space for additional design features; enjoy the convenience of cord storage and an additional scoop/cleaning brush to declutter, clean and maximize counter space
Final VerdictIf an easy-to-use coffee grinder is what you are looking for, then you don’t need to look any further. This unit is one of the simplest coffee grinders on the market. It is reliable and doesn’t skimp on features.
- Durability 90% 90%
- Design 100% 100%
- Reliability 100% 100%
- Price 90% 90%
JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder, Conical Burr Mill, Brushed Stainless Steel
This made our top five list because after reviewing many coffee grinders, both big and small, electric and manual, this is one of the best options available. It would also be a fantastic addition for someone who is looking for a coffee grinder for their French press. Small and compact might worry some coffee enthusiasts because they assume it means fewer features.This unit completely dispels all of those doubts. While you aren’t getting an electric unit with automatic starts and stops, you are still getting an incredibly functional coffee grinder with all of the necessary features you need to make a good cup of coffee. This unit comes with a built-in adjustable grind selector that features over 18 settings. This way, you can still get a unique grind no matter how coarse or fine you like your ground. This makes it suitable for various coffee brewing units such as pour overs, drip coffee makers, Chemex, cold brew, french press, espresso, or k-cup coffee makers.
- ENJOY THE PERFECT CUP OF FRESH COFFEE ― The Manual Coffee Grinder by JavaPresse Coffee Company has a built-in adjustable ceramic burr with over 18 manual grind settings to ensure you have 100% precision & control over the coarseness of your grind. This hand coffee grinder is great for all brewing methods to enjoy the perfect cup of fresh coffee and espresso in the morning, and it's designed for use with single-serve or drip coffee makers.
- CONVENIENT, PORTABLE, AND EASY-TO-USE ESPRESSO GRINDER ― The hand crank grinder eliminates 90% of electric grinder noise. JavaPresse's patented manual ceramic burr assembly needs no batteries or cords, making it perfect for fresh coffee at home or on the go. It's the ultimate camping coffee grinder and pairs perfectly with your coffee maker, offering a noise-free grinding experience.
- THE BEST WAY TO START YOUR DAY ― This manual coffee bean grinder is equipped with a professional grade ceramic conical burr for an incredibly consistent coffee grind that heightens flavors of the most exquisite beans in the world. Smell the fresh aroma of fresh ground coffee as you brew them on your espresso machine, drip coffee, French Press, or pour over coffee maker!
- TREAT YOURSELF TO THE HIGHEST QUALITY MANUAL COFFEE GRINDER THAT IS BUILT TO LAST ― Crafted with the same essence as traditional Japanese cookware, our patented ceramic handheld coffee grinder burr is tested through three quality inspections to last 5 times longer than comparable stainless steel coffee burrs. Combined with an impeccable frame and convenient size, this is the pinnacle travel coffee grinder that is a great gift for Father's Day or travel enthusiasts.
- ENHANCE YOUR MORNING WHILE MAKING AN IMPACT AROUND THE WORLD ― Your deliciously crafted cup of coffee from our manual coffee grinder is helping empower coffee farmers to chase a brighter future. A portion of our profits go towards positively impacting our partner’s coffee supply chain and their local communities. Our mission hinges on one fundamental idea: when we care, happiness flows and everyone wins. Including you with this hand coffee bean grinder by JavaPresse.
Final Verdict:Living in smaller spaces or traveling often means you need to give up many of the comforts of home. However, this coffee grinder changes all of that. Whether you are downsizing, a frequent traveler, or just looking for a high-quality manual grinder, this coffee grinder ensures that you don’t have to give up freshly brewed coffee in your new space or on your travels.
- Durability 95% 95%
- Design 90% 90%
- Reliability 85% 85%
- Price 90% 90%
OXO On Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Integrated Scale
The grinder contains an automatic shutoff to ensure that you don’t grind more or less than is required for your cup of coffee. The grinder consists of 40mm heavy duty stainless steel conical burrs that eliminate any variation in grounds.
The grinder also has 38 different grind settings, making it the most versatile grinder on the market. These settings will allow you to get uniform grounds ranging from extremely fine to coarse, espresso, or cold brew.The grinder settings can be selected by using the easy to read dial. There is an additional dial to select what mode you would like to brew with. These modes consist of cups mode, grams mode, or manual mode. One of the most overlooked features of an electric grinder is the motor. This grinder has a heavy duty motor that puts out a ton of torque while still being low speed. Low speed and high torque is the necessary combination to ensure you don’t overheat your beans and potentially burn them. This will keep the flavor intact and eliminate mess in the process. Additionally, the motor has a few safety features to protect your investment for years to come. The first safety feature can detect any overheating and shut off before it gets to a point that hurts the motor. The second safety feature is a no-bean detector. This will stop the grinder from grinding if the bean hopper is empty.
- OXO On Conical Burr Grinder built-in scale measures grounds by weight instead of time, eliminating the need for a separate scale; automatic shutoff ensures a precise amount of ground coffee every time
- Durable, 40 mm stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for up to 38 settings -- from fine for espresso to coarse for French press or cold brew
- High torque/low speed motor won’t overheat beans, preserving flavor and generating minimal static for less mess. Built-in overheating detection protects motor for long life
- Use the single dial to switch between Cups Mode, Grams Mode or Manual Mode. In Cups mode, you grind based on the number of cups of coffee you would like to brew.
- No-bean detector won't let you grind if the hopper is empty. Hopper holds 16 oz of coffee beans and features a "trap door" to hold beans in when hopper is removed. Grounds keeper holds up to 125 grams -- enough ground coffee to brew 12 cups.
Final Verdict:This grinder comes in at a much higher price point than its competitors, but it pays off. The built-in scale eliminates the need for extra gear and makes measuring out the appropriate amount of beans for specific brews much easier. The overheating feature is incredibly important and should be incorporated into other grinders to protect the flavor of the beans.
- Durability 80% 80%
- Design 80% 80%
- Price 90% 90%
- Reliability 70% 70%
Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Electric Coffee Grinder
- Automatic coffee and spice grinder with variable settings: Coarse, Medium, or Fine.Product Dimensions 5 x 4 x 9 inches
- Chamber Maid Cleaning System sweeps chamber walls to reduce mess and waste
- Precisely grind for the amount of coffee you are brewing: From 4 to 12 cups; Cord length: 25 inches
- 1 year limited warranty
Final Verdict:Due to the simple nature of this grinder, there isn’t much to say about it which might be perfect for some, and lacking in features for others. However, if you aren’t necessarily a coffee enthusiast and just need a cup to get through the day, this is the perfect unit. It is easy to use, gets the job done, and is even easier to clean up.
- Durability 50% 50%
- Design 50% 50%
- Price 70% 70%
- Reliability 50% 50%